Quinton Flowers tidbit

Advertisement
I dont even care what position he will play...tell him hes a QB and figure it out later.

this.

tell him he's a qb and get him to sign. Once he sees that Olsen was destined for that spot he will switch to D and become a monster DB. Win win for everybody.

109.gif

Olsen isn't this amazing blue chip QB prospect. He could get beat out. Kid needs a ton of work, but I also doubt that 5'10" Flowers will be the one doing it. Anything could happen though

Olsen isn't this amazing blue chip QB prospect. He could get beat out. Kid needs a ton of work, but I also doubt that 5'10" Flowers will be the one doing it. Anything could happen though

He is a blue chip QB but I agree he is not unbeatable.

Advertisement

Flowers is 6'0 and he is gana get taller, he ain't done growing

Advertisement
must get the kid named Winky.

Change of pace guy...maybe promise hima "Package"..to run some read option....goota get him and Treon anyway possible...im not in on the kid from Hialeah

Flowers is 6'0 and he is gana get taller, he ain't done growing

money says you're either a family friend/related/coach lol...welcome and can't wait to have Winky

Winky is raw as a quarterback, which is due in part to coaching and the role he is asked to play for his team. Because he is relied upon to be such a playmaker, he often presses and forces throws. He also has protection issues, which means he is runnning around and playing backyard football to avoid sacks. I'd love to see how he develops in a more stable system.

What he does have is a strong arm, big hands and playmaking instincts. He is definitely a run/pass QB, unlike Bridgewater and Morris who are athletic pocket quarterbacks. Time will tell if that trend makes its way to Miami, but Flowers is so talented that I hope we give him a chance to find out.

Winky is raw as a quarterback, which is due in part to coaching and the role he is asked to play for his team. Because he is relied upon to be such a playmaker, he often presses and forces throws. He also has protection issues, which means he is runnning around and playing backyard football to avoid sacks. I'd love to see how he develops in a more stable system.

What he does have is a strong arm, big hands and playmaking instincts. He is definitely a run/pass QB, unlike Bridgewater and Morris who are athletic pocket quarterbacks. Time will tell if that trend makes its way to Miami, but Flowers is so talented that I hope we give him a chance to find out.

Can't have enough playermakers. Like Golden says players first, then plays.

The majority of his highlights are him running around making something out of nothing.

Advertisement
I dont even care what position he will play...tell him hes a QB and figure it out later.

dude he is a QB he gana red shirt and it wouldnt surprise me if he eventually took olsens spot

You guys are overreacting to Olsen's Under Armor performance...don't put so much weight on this one game where he took limited snaps, was constantly pressured, and had no chemistry with the team. The kid is the goods...he will be fine. His arm strength isn't as much of an issue as it looked in that game. At the Elite 11 comp his arm strength looked more than adequate during every throw in the 2 minute sessions. He strikes me as the type of kid that needs to get around a team, and build that trust with this teammates before he can truly flourish. A late bloomer type of kid...very cerebral.

Funny how after one game he went from our savior to just an ok QB. Give the kid a year to bulk up, learn the system, and adjust to the speed of the game and he will have us winning BCS games.

Do we have any tape on this Flowers kid that can be posted in the thread? I think it's about time we start implementing some of these read-option schemes into our playbook. If it's good enough for the NFL, then we should incorporate it.

Do we have any tape on this Flowers kid that can be posted in the thread? I think it's about time we start implementing some of these read-option schemes into our playbook. If it's good enough for the NFL, then we should incorporate it.
Agree. Given the relationship Fisch has with both Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan, I don't see it being too difficult to get some tips on how best implement some plays out of the pistol for our offense.

Advertisement
Agree. Given the relationship Fisch has with both Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan, I don't see it being too difficult to get some tips on how best implement some plays out of the pistol for our offense.

And Morris is surely athletic enough to be successful.

Saying that Flowers could potentially beat out Olsen isn't a slight on Olsen. Flowers has a ton of potential. He could definitely become a solid QB with Fisch working with him

Fisch has it. Just need the right Q to run it.

Advertisement
Back