Quinton Flowers tidbit

If we're talking about offer lists. On Olsen's 247 page, he claims offers from the following mid-major programs:

Florida State
Florida
Stanford
Michigan
Auburn
Arkansas (when Bobby Petrino the offensive savant was there)

By no means am I saying that he's Matt Barkley or Jimmy Clausen coming out of high school, but he's a consensus Top 5, Pro-Style QB.

Being a Top 5 QB in the entire country qualifies him as a blue chip QB prospect. JMHO

If by "consensus" you mean being in the top 5 of Scout but #12 on Rivals and #7 on 247, OK.

He's an excellent QB prospect with all the intangibles in the world but he is not a blue-chip kid. Luckily QB is insanely hard to predict and nobody would have predicted Stephen Morris re-writing Miami record books.

Consensus meaning his composite rating on 247, which encompasses the rankings of all the reputable recruiting sites, is the #5 QB.

On the 5 major sites (ESPN, Rivals, 247, Max Preps, and Scout) alone, he's 4, 5, 6, 7, and 12 in the QB rankings.

No, that is not what consensus means.

Advertisement
Do you understand how flawed your logic is? By your line of thinking Artie Burns, Alex Collins, Al-Quadin Muhammad, and Stacy Coley aren't blue chip prospects.

I mean, in theory they arent if we're splitting hairs here. They ALL are IMO, but i dont work for the sites that make the rankings. Everyone has to have them top 3 or top 5 at their potion for it to be "consensus" blue chip prospect.

Last edited:
Think I'd go Alin Edouard over Winky though. Guess we'll sign both and figure the rest out at Greentree.

Advertisement
Do you understand how flawed your logic is? By your line of thinking Artie Burns, Alex Collins, Al-Quadin Muhammad, and Stacy Coley aren't blue chip prospects.

By my line of thinking? LMFAO.

Dude, you are really a special case. I never brought up rankings. That was you and somebody else, and not surprisingly, your post was incorrect; I just pointed out why.

Let me rephrase, when he gets to Miami and realizes that he will be buried on the depth chart, what position would his athleticism best fit?

Advertisement
Flowers is a QB if you havent seen him in person dont get it twisted the dude is nice ...... Im gonna say Teddy type nice I m glad hes at the J ... And if he comes to the U believe me hes gonna give Olsen a run for his money ...no position switch and dont be surprise if his height shoots up his brothers are tall so i would think he's due for a growth spur

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back