Quinton Flowers tidbit

Get Flowers on campus, figure out what to do with him later. I like the Randall Cobb comparison. He's a football player with tons of intangibles and is deadly with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
Morris is def athletic enough to run SOME read option. Just to add a new wrinkle to the offense

****. Why even question the idea of giving the kid a legit shot?

Give the kid a legit shot. If he's a QB, great. If he's not, that's fine too.

The Anquan Boldin comparison has been thrown around about this kid. If Boldin were in high school right now, wouldn't everyone on here be freaking out if we turned him away because we didn't want to even give him a chance at a position?

There are some players that are just football players and find ways to impact games no matter where you line them up, and make their teammates better. Boldin and Ed Reed are those types...not the fastest, they aren't prototypes, but they are football players. If this kid is even in the same ballpark as those guys, giving him a shot at QB is not a bad thing...and if anyone has watched Russel Wilson even for a minute, they should think the same (I think Wilson has that same type of aura about him as the guys I mentioned earlier, although he obviously hasn't proved it as frequently as they have).

Advertisement
Olsen isn't this amazing blue chip QB prospect. He could get beat out. Kid needs a ton of work, but I also doubt that 5'10" Flowers will be the one doing it. Anything could happen though

Flowers is 6'0 and he is gana get taller, he ain't done growing

money says you're either a family friend/related/coach lol...welcome and can't wait to have Winky

there is an interview that his coach says it

Olsen isn't this amazing blue chip QB prospect. He could get beat out. Kid needs a ton of work, but I also doubt that 5'10" Flowers will be the one doing it. Anything could happen though

What is a blue chip QB prospect if Olsen isn't one?

The kid going to USC. Olsen is a solid 4 star recruit with some solid offers. He's not a QB that can go anywhere he wants like the USC kid.

Advertisement
Id take Winky over Mahalak. Game changer type duel threat. Much like what B. Millier brings to the table, even though Flowers probably has better passing skills that Miller at this stage in his game honestly. With Wilson, Dewey, Crow, and Olsen already on the roster id like to see the staff bring in Flowers for some diversity. Flowers is the type of kid that i dont think you can just pass on. If he doesnt come here than you can bet that he might cause us some trouble somewhere else.

The kid going to USC. Olsen is a solid 4 star recruit with some solid offers. He's not a QB that can go anywhere he wants like the USC kid.

I've seen both & I'll have to disagree. Olsen is very smart with the ball. Browne is a very good QB too but not as accurate. Browne has a bigger arm than Olsen though. Olsen also has some legs too. He can take off & run with it if he has too but he likes the pocket. Very good read of opposing defenses. He'll be very good at Miami. I'm interested to see what steps Dewey has made since last year. Very smart & accurate

I've seen both & I'll have to disagree. Olsen is very smart with the ball. Browne is a very good QB too but not as accurate. Browne has a bigger arm than Olsen though. Olsen also has some legs too. He can take off & run with it if he has too but he likes the pocket. Very good read of opposing defenses. He'll be very good at Miami. I'm interested to see what steps Dewey has made since last year. Very smart & accurate

Im going to have to agree with Weown here. I dont think Olsen is close to being ready to play. He really needs a UTough or two.

I don't think your offer list is what determines whether or not your are a blue chip QB prospect.

Advertisement

I don't think your offer list is what determines whether or not your are a blue chip QB prospect.

LULZ, OK.

Youre right about the offer list, but if we're talking about "Blue Chip" prospects than Browne would have the upper hand. Dudes a 5* and has way higher ratings than Olsen everywhere else. I do think Olsen is more underrated than what he gets credit for, but just sayin

Youre right about the offer list, but if we're talking about "Blue Chip" prospects than Browne would have the upper hand. Dudes a 5* and has way higher ratings than Olsen everywhere else. I do think Olsen is more underrated than what he gets credit for, but just sayin

A consensus top 5 QB isn't blue chip anymore? My has recruiting changed. Do me a favor and go look up Andrew Luck's offer list. Olsen's is much beter. Offers from UF, FSU, ND, Ark, Aub, Stanford, Rutgers, UNC, Mich, Mich State, ect aren't good offers?

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we're talking about offer lists. On Olsen's 247 page, he claims offers from the following mid-major programs:

Florida State
Florida
Stanford
Michigan
Auburn
Arkansas (when Bobby Petrino the offensive savant was there)

By no means am I saying that he's Matt Barkley or Jimmy Clausen coming out of high school, but he's a consensus Top 5, Pro-Style QB.

Being a Top 5 QB in the entire country qualifies him as a blue chip QB prospect. JMHO

If we're talking about offer lists. On Olsen's 247 page, he claims offers from the following mid-major programs:

Florida State
Florida
Stanford
Michigan
Auburn

By no means am I saying that he's Matt Barkley or Jimmy Clausen coming out of high school, but he's a consensus Top 5, Pro-Style QB.

Being a Top 5 QB in the entire country qualifies him as a blue chip QB prospect. JMHO

If by "consensus" you mean being in the top 5 of Scout but #12 on Rivals and #7 on 247, OK.

He's an excellent QB prospect with all the intangibles in the world but he is not a blue-chip kid. Luckily QB is insanely hard to predict and nobody would have predicted Stephen Morris re-writing Miami record books.

A consensus top 5 QB isn't blue chip anymore? My has recruiting changed. Do me a favor and go look up Andrew Luck's offer list. Olsen's is much beter. Offers from UF, FSU, ND, Ark, Aub, Stanford, Rutgers, UNC, Mich, Mich State, ect aren't good offers?
Olsen is 7 on 247s pro style QB rankings list and 12 on rivals. I was one of the people that said offers dont matter. Olsen shut down his recruiting process early, im sure his offer list would be off the charts if he were still wavering . A blue chip to me is top 3 at your pos according to everyone. Just my opinion.

Florida State
Florida
Stanford
Michigan
Auburn

If by "consensus" you mean being in the top 5 of Scout but #12 on Rivals and #7 on 247, OK.

He's an excellent QB prospect with all the intangibles in the world but he is not a blue-chip kid. Luckily QB is insanely hard to predict and nobody would have predicted Stephen Morris re-writing Miami record books.

Consensus meaning his composite rating on 247, which encompasses the rankings of all the reputable recruiting sites, is the #5 QB.

On the 5 major sites (ESPN, Rivals, 247, Max Preps, and Scout) alone, he's 4, 5, 6, 7, and 12 in the QB rankings.

Advertisement
Back