Quinn Ewers NIL Deal

Advertisement
He’s probably going to go to class a lot
He's not a college student. He's a football player affiliated with OSU, and celebrity endorser. The money being thrown around openly now (instead of secretly) highlights how stupid college sports have become.

Yeah, I really still haven't had the time to fully digest how this is going to work, nor will I pretend to be smart enough to predict the future, but at the very macro level, I thought that NIL would pull schools like Miami closer to the bag schools, but certainly not put them on par with them.

The boosters at these schools will just never let that happen. So I do think we can get closer than we've been simply because of the location of Miami and the money here, but we're still probably not going to be able to compete with Columbus or Tuscaloosa. Just too much entrenched money there whose sole enterprise is success on the football field.
It’s never been about anybody pulling even with the bag schools. It’s about giving kids that don’t get bags an opportunity to make some money for themselves. The bag school’s boosters aren’t upping their donations. This is just what they’ve been paying kids for years and now the public gets to see how much money is involved. Evers was getting that $1.5 regardless of NIL or no NIL. If he busts, it won’t matter. Bagged up kids have been busting for years and it’s never stopped people from continuing to spend money on high school players who have never played a down of college football.

Advertisement
Ewers is a stud and when he take over the signal call people will wonder why it wasn't more loot. Texas is always going to get the most.

Ewers is a stud and when he take over the signal call people will wonder why it wasn't more loot. Texas is always going to get the most.
And what happens if stroud leads them to the playoff? Which he most likely will let’s be honest? They gonna bench him?

All of this! My ex’s uncle is a huge Bama fan. This dude lives in this small town called Eufala. Bro, on my mama, this dude told me he spends a piece of his pay check every month to get some Bama paraphernalia. When u walk in this dude’s house, he literally mimicked the Bama basketball hard word floors w/ a giant @&$ A in the middle.
I'm laughing because this is Alabama in a nutshell. It's even funnier because when you say a small town in Alabama there are hundreds of cities in Alabama that are actually smaller than Eufaula. I'd say it's in the top ten percent population wise and it only has 13k people. It's amazing how many super small cities are in Alabama. LOL

Advertisement
I'm laughing because this is Alabama in a nutshell. It's even funnier because when you say a small town in Alabama there are hundreds of cities in Alabama that are actually smaller than Eufaula. I'd say it's in the top ten percent population wise and it only has 13k people. It's amazing how many super small cities are in Alabama. LOL

Annnnnnnnnnd their Waffle House sucked *** & was dirty af! Lol.

But yeah, both Bama & MS have to have the most smallest cities in America.

I don’t believe you. There’s not a single Waffle House that sucks in the south. It’s not possible.

On my mama; the Waffle House in Eufala absolutely sucked, bruh. Grits were clumpy, silverware was dirty, rest room unkempt, eggs were runny, not yolk, but white. Chit was disgusting.

Advertisement
this will settle down on the young kids once companies start getting hosed by bust..... they'll go for the more established sure things...

unless these deals are connected to boosters, and in that case doesn't matter.. they'll continue

they for sure are connected to boosters

If you think you're better off getting a big lump sum of money at 18, never seeing money like that again in your life then I don't think you have much experience with situations like that. There's a reason 70% of lottery winners file for bankruptcy, and they aren't a bunch of 18 year olds.

Here's an excerpt from an article on lottery winners:

Lottery winners are more likely to declare bankruptcy within three to five years than the average American. What’s more, studies have shown that winning the lottery does not necessarily make you happier or healthier.

“Evidence shows that most people who make it to the top one percent of income earners usually don’t stay at the top for very long,” writes The Washington Post’s Jonnelle Marte.

Economist Jay L. Zagorsky agrees with the research. He writes for U.S. News and World Report: “Studies found that instead of getting people out of financial trouble, winning the lottery got people into more trouble, since bankruptcy rates soared for lottery winners three to five years after winning.”

Jack Whittaker, who won $315 million in a lottery in West Virginia in 2002, tells Time, “I wish that we had torn the ticket up.” Since winning, Whittaker’s daughter and granddaughter died due to drug overdoses.

Just eight months after winning, he was robbed of $545,000. “I just don’t like Jack Whittaker. I don’t like the hard heart I’ve got,” he said. “I don’t like what I’ve become.”

“He’s the last person I would have prototyped for going completely crazy but he did,” Don McNay, a financial consultant to lottery winners and the author of “Life Lessons from the Lottery,” tells Time about Whittaker. “No question it was because he won the lottery.”

McNay says many winners struggle with suicide, depression and divorce. “It’s the curse of the lottery because it made their lives worse instead of improving them,” he says.
You're missing the point. Is he better off getting a ****** education and no money or a ****** education and $1.4M dollars?

Advertisement
Not related to how we played tonight but because of how OSU looked..

I think Ewers transfers. Could he come here?

Advertisement
Back