Quinn Ewers NIL Deal

Okay 18-19 sitting on 800k lol he’s winning my guy
Okay… As fans, we tend to de-value education. However, just for comparison’s sake, the cost of tuition/room/board at the U is about 75K per year. That amounts to 300K per scholarship player mot counting food/nutrition/medical/training. So, this amount is basically the same as taking your annual salary from 75K to 275K for four years. It’s great, but it’s not “life changing money.”

Advertisement
Keep telling ya’ll that these NIL deals at these bumfck schools r going to dwarf anything we report. We’re happy guys r getting $6,000/yr, where these jits are striking 6 - 7 figure deals at these schools. The NCAA put zero parameters around this, so it’s going to be the Wild, Wild West. Bagmen have just been given the key to Pandora’s box
Agree with you totally. And all the people here who thought we had a huge advantage being in South Florida media market. Our guys are getting killed....just like how we get killed in the bag game. Florida never should have promoted this legislation. It would be interesting to see some of these companies go bankrupt and the kids never see all their money.

Next you'll have some woke corporations paying kids to take far out political positions, which will corrupt the system even more.

This whole thing is more poison for college athletics.

Yeah, I really still haven't had the time to fully digest how this is going to work, nor will I pretend to be smart enough to predict the future, but at the very macro level, I thought that NIL would pull schools like Miami closer to the bag schools, but certainly not put them on par with them.

The boosters at these schools will just never let that happen. So I do think we can get closer than we've been simply because of the location of Miami and the money here, but we're still probably not going to be able to compete with Columbus or Tuscaloosa. Just too much entrenched money there whose sole enterprise is success on the football field.
I'm not sure their is as much South Florida money willing to invest in the Canes as you think. I have no real information, it's just a hunch.

Just picturing a future when after signing a $125M, five year NIL deal that a future Trevor Lawrence petitions whatever exists of the NCAA to allow him to remain academically eligible at Clemson for as long as they choose. Imagine a future where Clemson gets to get a Trevor into his 30s...because going to the NFL would constitute an unwarranted paycut.

Okay… As fans, we tend to de-value education. However, just for comparison’s sake, the cost of tuition/room/board at the U is about 75K per year. That amounts to 300K per scholarship player mot counting food/nutrition/medical/training. So, this amount is basically the same as taking your annual salary from 75K to 275K for four years. It’s great, but it’s not “life changing money.”
Stop the nonsense. First, this is one of 2 deals. He’s going to get more. Second, what do you define as life changing? Starting off adulthood with **** near a million dollars would be life changing to 99.9% of people. You add in the fact that his OSU education is paid for and this dude never has to play in the NFL to live an amazing life. If he were to invest the money (800k) in the S&P 500 for 10 years and not add a dime he’d have **** near $2.1M straight cash before he’s 30. Now please tell me how that isn’t life changing?

Advertisement
Keep telling ya’ll that these NIL deals at these bumfck schools r going to dwarf anything we report. We’re happy guys r getting $6,000/yr, where these jits are striking 6 - 7 figure deals at these schools. The NCAA put zero parameters around this, so it’s going to be the Wild, Wild West. Bagmen have just been given the key to Pandora’s box
This. We are going to get destroyed on these NILs just like we get destroyed on everything else. Second rate university. Second rate athletic department.

Stop the nonsense. First, this is one of 2 deals. He’s going to get more. Second, what do you define as life changing? Starting off adulthood with **** near a million dollars would be life changing to 99.9% of people. You add in the fact that his OSU education is paid for and this dude never has to play in the NFL to live an amazing life. If he were to invest the money (800k) in the S&P 500 for 10 years and not add a dime he’d have **** near $2.1M straight cash before he’s 30. Now please tell me how that isn’t life changing?
Yep, good to see players not have to work for anything, but their reputation in HS. I am all for college player getting their day, but come on.

Advertisement
That has nothing to do with him playing at this hip state. It’s because of what people have been saying about him. Kid would’ve inked that deal regardless of where he signed. The same thing would’ve happened to sunshine if he was a freshman this year. They are literally talking about him being another generational qb.
we sign a dude like that and the Sam thing happens.
If jdub or Taylor ball tf out they’re gonna sign huge deals.

Advertisement

Been saying the same. Those schools have huge numbers of highly rabid fans who'll go all in with t-shirt purchases, autograph and player memorabilia purchases. The money they can funnel to players in this manner is substantial.

I do think these die down after a few years. Not the amount, but companies are going to wait to see if a kid is a bust or not at least. If this kid never even starts that company has serious regrets.

Most kids will be in trouble with the IRS for taxes I bet.
However on the flip side this is a business education that no class can teach

Advertisement
Been saying the same. Those schools have huge numbers of highly rabid fans who'll go all in with t-shirt purchases, autograph and player memorabilia purchases. The money they can funnel to players in this manner is substantial.

All of this! My ex’s uncle is a huge Bama fan. This dude lives in this small town called Eufala. Bro, on my mama, this dude told me he spends a piece of his pay check every month to get some Bama paraphernalia. When u walk in this dude’s house, he literally mimicked the Bama basketball hard word floors w/ a giant @&$ A in the middle.

That has nothing to do with him playing at this hip state. It’s because of what people have been saying about him. Kid would’ve inked that deal regardless of where he signed. The same thing would’ve happened to sunshine if he was a freshman this year. They are literally talking about him being another generational qb.
we sign a dude like that and the Sam thing happens.
If jdub or Taylor ball tf out they’re gonna sign huge deals.

Lol; bro, the institution matters my guy.

So I was talking to my cousin who’s a former NBAPA lawyer. He’s all around this situation. We talked about how schools like OSU, Alabama (who he hates more than anyone I know), Clemson, OU, etc. their players r going to be the biggest benefactors b/c of exposure & brands/agents want to be associated w/ that. The player & the school = NIL magnitude.

This is his circle, bro. When I spoke out on this, I wasn’t being a Debbie Downer; I was spitting regurgitated info + common sense. Yeah Quinn would’ve got a nice NIL deal, regardless, but don’t think for one sec, this lil jit wasn’t going to go to a school to best magnify his exposure when this came down. Why not skip school when u striking a 7 figure deal?

All of this! My ex’s uncle is a huge Bama fan. This dude lives in this small town called Eufala. Bro, on my mama, this dude told me he spends a piece of his pay check every month to get some Bama paraphernalia. When u walk in this dude’s house, he literally mimicked the Bama basketball hard word floors w/ a giant @&$ A in the middle.

Example: Saban is recruiting the next Tua. Word goes out to the hundreds of thousands of faithful that they need to move 50k Tua t-shirts at $20ea. That's $1MM. And that's easy money to raise.

I don't know that UM could pull that off. (I'm hopeful we'll have a different, but also lucrative NIL path to offer.)

I think u all get Big City confused w/ NIL monetary value. U think Houston is getting big NIL deals? What about GT? How about The Zona Wildcats? San Diego St? The two are not equivalent & have very little to do w/ each other.

First of all, Miami is not even in the top 30 as far as largest cities in The U.S, nor is it in the top 15 media markets. Actually Columbus, OH has a bigger populous than Miami by almost 2 to 1.

The NIL is going to based upon

1. Marketability/Profile
2. School Prestige

The only way our players r truly going to benefit from The NIL is when we start taking care of biz, other than that, we’ll be seeing a slew of smaller end deals. Yes, Miami has a ton of billionaires & mega millionaires, but most are transplants & if they do follow us, it’s on a casual basis.

Schools like OU, Michigan, OSU, Bama…basically schools that are practically their Pro Teams, as well…they live & die for these teams.

Bro, we just got an athletic table during the Golden yrs, and an IPF during Richt’s tenure…and both were a struggle to get.

The fact that people here can't comprehend that these blue blood with bigger fandom then we do with more boosters, fans who attend/watch games CONSISTENTLY, alum and have nothing else in town but college football is comical.

I don't know how anyone thought this would help us. We barely have people who attend games or donate money but we suddenly think people are willing to throw down giant checks to sponsor players? Especially when we've been this bad for this long? Yikes. We wouldn't be complaining about bags in recruiting if that were the case.

Advertisement
Back