Quinn Ewers NIL Deal

Theedy50

Redshirt Freshman
Kid hasn’t played a single down and isn’t the starter so this is mind blowing. Young man got himself a real bag 💰
460F696F-E197-4554-BC9B-BEA1C5A9FDD1.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keep telling ya’ll that these NIL deals at these bumfck schools r going to dwarf anything we report. We’re happy guys r getting $6,000/yr, where these jits are striking 6 - 7 figure deals at these schools. The NCAA put zero parameters around this, so it’s going to be the Wild, Wild West. Bagmen have just been given the key to Pandora’s box

Advertisement
Keep telling ya’ll that these NIL deals at these bumfck schools r going to dwarf anything we report. We’re happy guys r getting $6,000/yr, where these jits are striking 6 - 7 figure deals at these schools. The NCAA put zero parameters around this, so it’s going to be the Wild, Wild West. Bagmen have just been given the key to Pandora’s box

Very true, but this is one kid, and he's a generational QB prospect. Not every kid is getting $1.4M. Not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying this is VERY MUCH the exception and not the norm.

Also, let's see how it plays out. This is all brand new. Your worth is what someone decides to pay you. Right now, someone thinks investing $1.4M in this kid is worth it from a business standpoint. In 3-4 years, that might be comically high or comically low. And the market will adjust. We'll see.

I would be curious to know how much money from boosters is sitting out there.

I also think a lot of these kids lives are going to be destroyed. For the ones who make it to the NFL it won't be a problem but these kids who end up being busts, make $1M at age 18, and then graduate with a degree they can't use, that's not going to go well.

Not bad for a 3rd or 4th string QB who might never play a down at Ohio St. Stroud,McCord and miller might push this kid to transfer by next year if he doesn't play

Advertisement
Very true, but this is one kid, and he's a generational QB prospect. Not every kid is getting $1.4M. Not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying this is VERY MUCH the exception and not the norm.

Also, let's see how it plays out. This is all brand new. Your worth is what someone decides to pay you. Right now, someone thinks investing $1.4M in this kid is worth it from a business standpoint. In 3-4 years, that might be comically high or comically low. And the market will adjust. We'll see.

This is what I’m thinking, as well. I got blasted on another sports board where I said it’s absolutely ridiculous to pay an unproven commodity 6 figures. Quinn can be a huge bust, but I think my main concern was these mega deals coming from these blue blood, bag schools & we already saw Saban drop that nugget as a means to further sell The Alabama brand.

I would be curious to know how much money from boosters is sitting out there.

I also think a lot of these kids lives are going to be destroyed. For the ones who make it to the NFL it won't be a problem but these kids who end up being busts, make $1M at age 18, and then graduate with a degree they can't use, that's not going to go well.
as opposed to graduating with a worthless degree and no $1M?

christmas vacation GIF

Advertisement
This is what I’m thinking, as well. I got blasted on another sports board where I said it’s absolutely ridiculous to pay an unproven commodity 6 figures. Quinn can be a huge bust, but I think my main concern was these mega deals coming from these blue blood, bag schools & we already saw Saban drop that nugget as a means to further sell The Alabama brand.

Yeah, I really still haven't had the time to fully digest how this is going to work, nor will I pretend to be smart enough to predict the future, but at the very macro level, I thought that NIL would pull schools like Miami closer to the bag schools, but certainly not put them on par with them.

The boosters at these schools will just never let that happen. So I do think we can get closer than we've been simply because of the location of Miami and the money here, but we're still probably not going to be able to compete with Columbus or Tuscaloosa. Just too much entrenched money there whose sole enterprise is success on the football field.

Yeah, I really still haven't had the time to fully digest how this is going to work, nor will I pretend to be smart enough to predict the future, but at the very macro level, I thought that NIL would pull schools like Miami closer to the bag schools, but certainly not put them on par with them.

The boosters at these schools will just never let that happen. So I do think we can get closer than we've been simply because of the location of Miami and the money here, but we're still probably not going to be able to compete with Columbus or Tuscaloosa. Just too much entrenched money there whose sole enterprise is success on the football field.
this.

Advertisement
Back