Quincy Roche/ Trevon hill what’s the difference

Yea sure, you thought you were making some valid point and it didn't go the way you thought. Now you wanna play it off like you were just trying to get a rise out of people.

Na fvck that and fvck you.
That puts us in a quandary on the Maude side. If he did it solely to fire people up and knows better than there’s a place for him in the #KTDT.

Advertisement
You raise some good points but my thing is why would New England take a kid who many perceive to be a “ drama queen “ or a kid with no “ work ethic”

The culture is so strong at New England (unlike in Coral Gables) that BB can take a few risks. What's the worst that can happen? He cuts a UDFA in camp? Hill has upside physically, just has to not get thrown off his team to prove it.

I'm more surprised by the lack of accuracy in the different arguments.

Tommy Kennedy was at an FCS non-scholarship, not FBS.
Hill was kicked off the VT team, Roche's old coach wanted him at his new school when he hit the portal.
Roche was at a G5, not P5.
Roche's issue with be size at the POA, he's listed at 6'2 235? So he's 6'1 220?
8.5 of Roche's 13 sacks came against 3 teams: USF, UConn and Tulane aka 103, 126, and 41 per SP+, respectively.
Roche was blanked against Buffalo, UCF, Memphis, SMU, UNC ie the better teams (minus Buffalo, 71st) on their schedule.
Roche had 6 sacks the year before and 2 were against Tulsa, 1 against Villanova, 1 against USF.
Cautious optimism. If scouts loved him that much he would be in the NFL instead of at 6-7 Miami.
Ahh this is a good response I loved your homework on this. Yeah I mean if hill is not hurt in the beginning of the season maybe he starts and gives the canes the production they were looking for. His junior year film looked good and everyone was on board with him being a monster for the canes last season. Now it’s he’s no Roche and has no work ethic or “ accolades” meanwhile he was an all conference player junior year and projected a high draft pick coming into last season. 🤷🏽‍♂️

This thread is something. OP asks a question. Folks respond. OP disregards responses. Why'd you ask the question if you don't want to listen to answers? Are you related to Trevon?

Regardless, I'll try to answer the question. I've seen at least one mock draft that had Roche as a first rounder. Will he live up to it? No clue. At a minimum, as a vet, he'll hopefully bring some leadership and set an example for the younger guys to emulate. Even if the production is marginal, that's beneficial down the road.
I’m not disregarding responses just the ones that have no substance to them. I liked a few rebuttals that made sense.

Advertisement
Hill missed 10 games his final season at VT. He wasn’t physically conditioned and sort of had to get back into shape on the fly, plus he wasn’t cracking that depth chart over Greg or Garvin.
Roche is perhaps conditioned better to make an immediate impact and depth chart is probably favorable for him.
But patchen was starting.

Hill was coming off shoulder surgery and had never put together a stellar season. Roche Motel may not be Dwight Freeney but he's proven to be a better pass rusher than Hill ever was.

Advertisement
I'm more surprised by the lack of accuracy in the different arguments.

Tommy Kennedy was at an FCS non-scholarship, not FBS.
Hill was kicked off the VT team, Roche's old coach wanted him at his new school when he hit the portal.
Roche was at a G5, not P5.
Roche's issue with be size at the POA, he's listed at 6'2 235? So he's 6'1 220?
8.5 of Roche's 13 sacks came against 3 teams: USF, UConn and Tulane aka 103, 126, and 41 per SP+, respectively.
Roche was blanked against Buffalo, UCF, Memphis, SMU, UNC ie the better teams (minus Buffalo, 71st) on their schedule.
Roche had 6 sacks the year before and 2 were against Tulsa, 1 against Villanova, 1 against USF.
Cautious optimism. If scouts loved him that much he would be in the NFL instead of at 6-7 Miami.
I meant FCS but stupid typos. And my point was (AAC and FCS ) same level of competition. Canes sport even highlighted these details In there profile of Roche being the second most valuable player on the team canes sport also makes mention of level of competition, size, comparisons to Trevon hill, and the aforementioned stats on Roche you have made mention too. It’s a plausible argument.

Are we even sure Trevon Hill is in the NFL? Patriots roster doesn't list him, but it lists other UDFA's.

Hill is larger than Roche. They're both listed at 6'3, Hill is listed at 245, Roche 235.

I meant FCS but stupid typos. And my point was (AAC and FCS ) same level of competition. Canes sport even highlighted these details In there profile of Roche being the second most valuable player on the team canes sport also makes mention of level of competition, size, comparisons to Trevon hill, and the aforementioned stats on Roche you have made mention too. It’s a plausible argument.

You're saying the AAC and an FCS are the same level of comp? The AAC is much closer to the ACC than the So Con. Or at least Manny seems to assume the kids at Houston are.

Ahh this is a good response I loved your homework on this. Yeah I mean if hill is not hurt in the beginning of the season maybe he starts and gives the canes the production they were looking for. His junior year film looked good and everyone was on board with him being a monster for the canes last season. Now it’s he’s no Roche and has no work ethic or “ accolades” meanwhile he was an all conference player junior year and projected a high draft pick coming into last season. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Projected to be a high pick by who? Us dummies on here? He made All-ACC in only 3 games?

Advertisement
They're not the same person
They're not the same player
They won't be playing the same position
They didn't have the same assignments
They don't have the same play style
They don't have the same production
They don't have the same work ethic
They don't have the same character
They don't have the same mentality
They don't have the same personality
They don't have the same physical build
They don't have the same athletic traits

But besides that, they're exactly alike...
They both play football tho....

I think it's about time that some UM fans realize the gap between the AAC and the ACC isn't nearly as wide as they like to pretend it is. Especially the Corstal division. People here thinking the AAC is division 2 when the top teams in that conference would probably beat a majority of teams in the ACC outside of Clemson.
Well I’m not one who thinks like that but I will say you are right about people on here thinking AAC ball is not good. I mean if Miami takes a loss to a AAC Program it’s “ omg we’re terrible” but when you get a kid who was AAC defensive player of the year that transfers in and it’s like “ omg he’s Khalil Mack “ man just let the thing play out sometimes.

Advertisement
The AAC is as good as the ACC
Pretty close. If you move Clemson to the AAC, they're the better conference. I'd say the ACC is probably the better conference top to bottom because the bad ACC teams are much better than the bad AAC teams but the gap isn't that big. It's not a huge jump in competition for guys like King, Roche and Jarrid Williams.

Advertisement
Back