They don't have the same play style
They don't have the same production
They don't have the same work ethic
They don't have the same character
They don't have the same mentality
They don't have the same personality
They don't have the same physical build
They don't have the same athletic traits

But besides that, they're exactly alike...

So not much of a difference then? LMAO

Advertisement
They're not the same person
They're not the same player
They won't be playing the same position
They didn't have the same assignments
They don't have the same play style
They don't have the same production
They don't have the same work ethic
They don't have the same character
They don't have the same mentality
They don't have the same personality
They don't have the same physical build
They don't have the same athletic traits

But besides that, they're exactly alike...
☝️Nuff said

is this thread serious ... i loved hill, but c'mon, roche comes with accolades and I don't care what conferences it was ... it was P5 ... he translates better than any other transfer we've had in a while ... his impact will be similar to kj

Only thing I'll say about this thread to try to make some sense of it is that at this point last year, there were publications calling Trevon Hill the best draft prospect in the ACC. In case everyone didn't realize, he didn't even get drafted. So if OP wants to be skeptical of the next transfer, knock yourself out.

However, it has nothing to do with Quincy Roche.

Tate Martell transferred in with a lot of hype and fell flat. So does that mean D'Eriq King will do the same? Same position, transfer, high profile kid. Must mean King is gonna suck too, right? Stupid.

Roche is not Hill. Hill is not Roche. Just because Hill did not perform to the level that was expected has literally zero correlation to what Quincy Roche will do this season.

Advertisement
Only thing I'll say about this thread to try to make some sense of it is that at this point last year, there were publications calling Trevon Hill the best draft prospect in the ACC. In case everyone didn't realize, he didn't even get drafted. So if OP wants to be skeptical of the next transfer, knock yourself out.

However, it has nothing to do with Quincy Roche.

Tate Martell transferred in with a lot of hype and fell flat. So does that mean D'Eriq King will do the same? Same position, transfer, high profile kid. Must mean King is gonna suck too, right? Stupid.

Roche is not Hill. Hill is not Roche. Just because Hill did not perform to the level that was expected has literally zero correlation to what Quincy Roche will do this season.
👎🏾

Advertisement
Aren’t we a little overzealous about the impact Roche is gonna have on defense this season. I don’t see much of a difference between him and Trevon hill. Yeah yeah Roche had 13 sacks In the mediocre AAC which is a huge accomplishment and well noted by pro scouts but why should I be so excited by Roche when we had the same expectations for T Hill coming in.

"Yeah yeah Roche had 13 sacks In the mediocre AAC which is a huge accomplishment and well noted by pro scouts"

tenor (93).gif

I'm more surprised by the lack of accuracy in the different arguments.

Tommy Kennedy was at an FCS non-scholarship, not FBS.
Hill was kicked off the VT team, Roche's old coach wanted him at his new school when he hit the portal.
Roche was at a G5, not P5.
Roche's issue with be size at the POA, he's listed at 6'2 235? So he's 6'1 220?
8.5 of Roche's 13 sacks came against 3 teams: USF, UConn and Tulane aka 103, 126, and 41 per SP+, respectively.
Roche was blanked against Buffalo, UCF, Memphis, SMU, UNC ie the better teams (minus Buffalo, 71st) on their schedule.
Roche had 6 sacks the year before and 2 were against Tulsa, 1 against Villanova, 1 against USF.
Cautious optimism. If scouts loved him that much he would be in the NFL instead of at 6-7 Miami.

Advertisement
I'm more surprised by the lack of accuracy in the different arguments.

Tommy Kennedy was at an FCS non-scholarship, not FBS.
Hill was kicked off the VT team, Roche's old coach wanted him at his new school when he hit the portal.
Roche was at a G5, not P5.
Roche's issue with be size at the POA, he's listed at 6'2 235? So he's 6'1 220?
8.5 of Roche's 13 sacks came against 3 teams: USF, UConn and Tulane aka 103, 126, and 41 per SP+, respectively.
Roche was blanked against Buffalo, UCF, Memphis, SMU, UNC ie the better teams (minus Buffalo, 71st) on their schedule.
Roche had 6 sacks the year before and 2 were against Tulsa, 1 against Villanova, 1 against USF.
Cautious optimism. If scouts loved him that much he would be in the NFL instead of at 6-7 Miami.
Here’s the problem, that UCONN team had a 3rd rounder that he specifically went up against. His name is Matt Peart...pretty good prospect. He is loved by scouts. That’s why he’s getting first round grades. Reporters aren’t smart enough to make that up. They get intel from personnel guys for that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
is this thread serious ... i loved hill, but c'mon, roche comes with accolades and I don't care what conferences it was ... it was P5 ... he translates better than any other transfer we've had in a while ... his impact will be similar to kj

Agreed but he didn't come from a P5 conference. i think the conference is at least comparable to the ACC coastal

This thread is something. OP asks a question. Folks respond. OP disregards responses. Why'd you ask the question if you don't want to listen to answers? Are you related to Trevon?

Regardless, I'll try to answer the question. I've seen at least one mock draft that had Roche as a first rounder. Will he live up to it? No clue. At a minimum, as a vet, he'll hopefully bring some leadership and set an example for the younger guys to emulate. Even if the production is marginal, that's beneficial down the road.

Advertisement
Back