Quincy Roche DE

Yeah I don't wanna hear that stay close to home horseshìt & he ends up signing with Auburn or UNC.

Gtfoh with that lame *** excuse, you a grown *** man dog, you're going to the NFL next year & unless you get drafted by the Ravens or Redskins you're not going to be "close to home" for the majority of your career.

Kids get on my got damned nerves with this stuff man smh lol.

its been reported even before he came to miami that he wants to go to UNC but they wont let him in until super late. i think he ends up at AU if they want him tbh. hes a luxury and not a need for us., but it would be a luxury to have.

Advertisement
the close to home thing is weird for grad transfer...I mean you no you have say when you go the NFL!? Maybe a fam situation at home? I digress if so...

Sadly, this is probably accurate. Manny and his buddies must have done a great job of impressing him this weekend lol.

That defensive staff is a massive recruiting liability.

If he cant see what Rosseau did this year and how many games he did it in and the fact he would be lining up opp side of him then i dont know what to say...

Last edited:
He is from outside of Baltimore. So close to home is Maryland. Penn State, maybe UVA, VT or WVU are within 3-5 hours..

Mostly all equivalent or greater drive times than a freakin' flight from MIA to BWI.

As @Liberty City El just said, these rationales are basically horse**** dipped in weak sauce.

If he cant see what Rosseau did this year and hiw many ganes he did it in and the fact he would be lining up opp side of him then i dont know what to say...
Some of you guys don’t get it. That isn’t his job to see it. It is our coach’s job to sell him on that. Sell themselves. They had every opportunity. They don’t recruit well. It’s a huge problem.

I certainly hope he ends up coming here, but it’s pretty clear we had the chance to close the deal this weekend and didn’t do it.

Advertisement
Yeah I don't wanna hear that stay close to home horseshìt & he ends up signing with Auburn or UNC.

Gtfoh with that lame *** excuse, you a grown *** man dog, you're going to the NFL next year & unless you get drafted by the Ravens or Redskins you're not going to be "close to home" for the majority of your career.

Kids get on my got damned nerves with this stuff man smh lol.
We have a perfect situation for the kid. He starts in the midst of an aggressive defense with a crazy front 7. Train and prep for a year and then takeoff for the draft.

idk if the partying fiasco may have turned him off but it’s asinine at this point to continue waiting.

Guess I'll be the next one to say it - Roche should really come here. We will have a rebound year of some magnitude nationally and he'll be playing mop up opposite of the #1 pass rushing DE in the country, who will routinely be double and triple teamed.

Advertisement
Some of you guys don’t get it. That isn’t his job to see it. It is our coach’s job to sell him on that. Sell themselves. They had every opportunity. They don’t recruit well. It’s a huge problem.

I certainly hope he ends up coming here, but it’s pretty clear we had the chance to close the deal this weekend and didn’t do it.

I've never defended the defensive coaching staff for the way they recruit. I'm simply saying if he is doing his due diligence which he should be doing it isn't hard to see the numbers that Rosseau or our defense had. We finished 13th in total defense, 4th in tackles for loss and 6th in sacks.

People can harp on the defensive recruiting all they want and I agree it isnt what it should be when you. Fact still remains the defensive side of the ball was the least of our problems

Guess I'll be the next one to say it - Roche should really come here. We will have a rebound year of some magnitude nationally and he'll be playing mop up opposite of the #1 pass rushing DE in the country, who will routinely be double and triple teamed.

Trevon Hill was sold on the same thing. Unfortunately, Bullsh*t can only be sold once.

This kid isn't taking the chance of being left behind a kid like Patchan for 5 games.

You honestly don’t think even the worst coaching staff in America doesn’t sell kids and have their talking points lined up. So many of you guys think you can force the kids to do what you tell them. They do what they want to do in the end.

Advertisement
I've never defended the defensive coaching staff for the way they recruit. I'm simply saying if he is doing his due diligence which he should be doing it isn't hard to see the numbers that Rosseau or our defense had. We finished 13th in total defense, 4th in tackles for loss and 6th in sacks.

People can harp on the defensive recruiting all they want and I agree it isnt what it should be when you. Fact still remains the defensive side of the ball was the least of our problems
Maybe he did do some due diligence. Maybe it told him we were 6-7 with 3 outrageous losses to end the season and that a lot of football people don’t think the defense is all some of these stats make it look. That’s great that Greg Rousseau is on the team but I seriously doubt that is going to drive a decision.

We got this shot to end this for 2 reasons.

1) UNC can’t enroll him until the summer
2) Feely, who he likes and would work with the next 12 months.

However, the staff didn’t close it out. I think they come off as corny and expect every kid they recruit to just beg to come play in this defense. Guess what? Doesn’t work.

As long as this nucleus stays in place, we are going to have trouble landing a good number of our targets. We get some, but the number of misses the past 4 years is staggering.

You honestly don’t think even the worst coaching staff in America doesn’t sell kids and have their talking points lined up. So many of you guys think you can force the kids to do what you tell them. They do what they want to do in the end.
Dear God. Are you serious?

Of course they have talking points lined up. That’s easy. Recruiting is sales. It’s not so much about what you say. It’s how you make them feel.

Our defensive staff doesn’t make a lot of its priority targets feel real good. That’s what they remember. Shouldn’t be that hard to accept the truth. It’s a huge problem.

Advertisement
Maybe he did do some due diligence. Maybe it told him we were 6-7 with 3 outrageous losses to end the season and that a lot of football people don’t think the defense is all some of these stats make it look. That’s great that Greg Rousseau is on the team but I seriously doubt that is going to drive a decision.

We got this shot to end this for 2 reasons.

1) UNC can’t enroll him until the summer
2) Feely, who he likes and would work with the next 12 months.

However, the staff didn’t close it out. I think they come off as corny and expect every kid they recruit to just beg to come play in this defense. Guess what? Doesn’t work.

As long as this nucleus stays in place, we are going to have trouble landing a good number of our targets. We get some, but the number of misses the past 4 years is staggering.

we'll see what happens.....

I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the staff had Trevon Hill contact this kid. We don't know what was said. May not have been as strong a sales pitch as the staff would have liked...

I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the staff had Trevon Hill contact this kid. We don't know what was said. May not have been as strong a sales pitch as the staff would have liked...
Having Hill talk to him is another bad read. Hill was just scrapping with the fans on social media a few weeks ago. Not the guy I’d have talking to a prized recruit.

Advertisement
Back