2023 Quick VIP Recruiting Notes... James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned

VIP Notes: A pair of Top100 defensive linemen expected to visit Miami this Spring​

VIP By GABY URRUTIA 19 minutes ago

The Hurricanes have already hosted a pair of top defensive linemen since Spring Football started on Monday.

Both Allen (Texas) five-star David Hicks, the top-ranked defensive lineman in the country, and Miami Central's Rueben Bain, who ranks as the No. 142 overall player in the country, have been on campus this week.

InsideTheU learned that Miami will likely host a pair of Top100 defensive linemen from Alabama at some point this spring. A date is still unclear, but a source with knowledge of the situation expects James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw to make it down to Coral Gables at some point over the next month or so.

The two Montgomery (Ala.) Carver defenders are two of the top players in one of the most loaded cycles across the Yellowhammer State.

Smith, who has five stars next to his name, is considered the No. 11 overall player and No. 2 defensive lineman, according to 247Sports. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder played his junior season at Bradenton IMG Academy.

Advertisement
Finally casting a wide net nationally among the top tier of players like UGA has done in recent years where it seems they were involved with everybody . Before for us, it felt like we may zero in on one top guy who we only had a prayer of landing and ignore the other top rated national guys (didn't even offer some of them seemingly) for more local prospects.

Just the optics alone that Miami isn't afraid to recruit anymore is huge on it's own. We've been stuck for years trying to recreate the Schnelly way of recruiting Miami and SFL kids only it felt like at times. Even if there is no shot at these kids, getting the foot in the door, making your name known, showing the Bama, UGA, OSU, LSU, and Clemsons of the world that they need to defend their turf just like we do is a HUGE shift in recruiting from where we have been. LOVE to see it.

Advertisement
No way those kids pick us over the hometown team. Love the effort though but imagine taking kids from bama. It's possible with Mario....what a time to be alive. We are finally a big dog school again ready to smash all your housewives.
Jameis was from Bama of i remember correctly. People told me we couldn't get Citizen from LSU. Not all these kids wanna stay in redneckville. They will as a business decision but it aint no love. Those Bama People, the regular People only care about them as football players. Otherwise they have no time for them. They come to big cities and feel way more comfortable.

Jameis was from Bama of i remember correctly. People told me we couldn't get Citizen from LSU. Not all these kids wanna stay in redneckville. They will as a business decision but it aint no love. Those Bama People, the regular People only care about them as football players. Otherwise they have no time for them. They come to big cities and feel way more comfortable.
Facts

C7760ECD-B233-43A5-B401-4709D8717908.png

Advertisement
It always made me so disappointed that our past 4 head coaches did not recruit aggressively in Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana against the SEC, Clemson and Ohio State. Those schools did not have to defend their recruiting territory against us, but we had to defend South Florida against them. It seem like we spent too many of resources and time on defense while the other schools were on offense in South Florida and had a free reign in there states.

A good season and anything it possible with Mario and Steele. Also state of Alabama hasn’t been this loaded with talent and a long time, I don’t expect bama to get all of them cause they still like to go OOS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
always always alwayssss give elite kids something to think about...shoot your shot!
keep this up Mario!!

It always made me so disappointed that our past 4 head coaches did not recruit aggressively in Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana against the SEC, Clemson and Ohio State. Those schools did not have to defend their recruiting territory against us, but we had to defend South Florida against them. It seem like we spent too many of resources and time on defense while the other schools were on offense in South Florida and had a free reign in there states.
And the slick way of doing it would be to offer guys at positions the local college is landing guys at. LSU arent going to take all the players at a position..there is meat there to be had.. Bama recruits nationally...when they land a commitment hit one of their instate targets at that same position hard.

I STILL dont know why we never attack VA and finally went into Maryland this week. I would rather get into a battle with those big 10 numbnuts than full on sec battles all the time. Schools like Bama found out there were easy gets in Maryland and have ate....we can personally land some upnorth kids each cycle (CT, MASS, NJ, NYC) i think we should go up there EVERY CLASS for 1-2 guys.

Advertisement
No way those kids pick us over the hometown team. Love the effort though but imagine taking kids from bama. It's possible with Mario....what a time to be alive. We are finally a big dog school again ready to smash all your housewives.
I wouldnt count it out. I live in the Bham area of AL and i can tell you that the Gump is a dump and TTown is like a half a step higher, get these maulers on campus and it would surprise me at all if they held up that U!!

Advertisement
Back