2023 Quick VIP Recruiting Notes... James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw

Advertisement
No way those kids pick us over the hometown team. Love the effort though but imagine taking kids from bama. It's possible with Mario....what a time to be alive. We are finally a big dog school again ready to smash all your housewives.

While I largely agree, you set yourself up as next and get on board while you can. My name is Mario and I'm building the next big team in college football. I'm going to be here a long time and resurrect this proud program.

How long is Saban going to be around? I can't imagine much longer.

Man….we are going after big fish. Russow is a beast. Imagine getting him and Anthony Hill on the field as off ball LB’s. Explosive, fast, aggressive prototype Miami backers. James Smith us already 310….that’s the kind of DT we need to add.

This cycle feels so different….whether we are able st steal this kids from Alabama or not, I know that the kids we pull this year will be on another level.

Its a travesty to not recruit places with 1, alot of talent like Cali and Texas, and 2 players with not a power house home school such as VA, NJ, NC. We should have been hitting the East Coast from NY all the way down to SC hard. Those kids get us on their tv because of the ACC and we never took adavantage of it.....before now it seems

Also not recruiting nationally highly rated places is part of the reason we have struggled to keep our players home. If hometown guys see they have more competition for a spot, they gonna think long and hard about committing sooner than later. If you a local DE and you see we in for Wayne and the sprinter freak from Maryland, you gonna know hey spots may become tight. And that goes for every other position. We load in SO FL at WR but the class is loaded nationwide.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And the slick way of doing it would be to offer guys at positions the local college is landing guys at. LSU arent going to take all the players at a position..there is meat there to be had.. Bama recruits nationally...when they land a commitment hit one of their instate targets at that same position hard.

I STILL dont know why we never attack VA and finally went into Maryland this week. I would rather get into a battle with those big 10 numbnuts than full on sec battles all the time. Schools like Bama found out there were easy gets in Maryland and have ate....we can personally land some upnorth kids each cycle (CT, MASS, NJ, NYC) i think we should go up there EVERY CLASS for 1-2 guys.

Yes. The whole Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Newport News area should be an easy target, none of the good Virginia schools are anywhere close to that area, and there's a lot of military folks up there who aren't necessarily "from" that area originally.

Just the optics alone that Miami isn't afraid to recruit anymore is huge on it's own. We've been stuck for years trying to recreate the Schnelly way of recruiting Miami and SFL kids only it felt like at times. Even if there is no shot at these kids, getting the foot in the door, making your name known, showing the Bama, UGA, OSU, LSU, and Clemsons of the world that they need to defend their turf just like we do is a HUGE shift in recruiting from where we have been. LOVE to see it.
Exactly. Bring the fight to them! Far too long most of the recruits we landed in $EC country were the leftovers.

It helps with local recruiting too since we are showing the locals no more playing us as the plan B school.

Last edited:
We paying to. Bag season baby

This makes it alot easier to enter states like GEORGIA, TEXAS, ALABAMA and LOUISIANA. These southern states have a different type of Football culture where kids have been exposed to a "win at all co$ts" mentality. We aren't taking any studs from these states talking about the ghosts of greentree.

In today's CFB landscape, money matters more than ever. Teams that aren't proactive in the NIL market (FSU), will find program has been left for dead in a few years. Any decent player from a low P5 or G5, hits the portal as soon as they get interest from top schools already!

Mario's relentless, and Mr Ruiz's generosity, should get us into any living room in America.

This makes it alot easier to enter states like GEORGIA, TEXAS, ALABAMA and LOUISIANA. These southern states have a different type of Football culture where kids have been exposed to a "win at all co$ts" mentality. We aren't taking any studs from these states talking about the ghosts of greentree.

In today's CFB landscape, money matters more than ever. Teams that aren't proactive in the NIL market (FSU), will find program has been left for dead in a few years. Any decent player from a low P5 or G5, hits the portal as soon as they get interest from top schools already!

Mario's relentless, and Mr Ruiz's generosity, should get us into any living room in America.
Agreed. Once we upgrade our facilities the game will be over. We will have top coaching, facilities, putting players in the draft and winning.
Then you got to ask yourself everything being even, do you wanna play in Miami or Bama, Georgia, and Clemson. We know that answer.

Advertisement
Yes. The whole Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Newport News area should be an easy target, none of the good Virginia schools are anywhere close to that area, and there's a lot of military folks up there who aren't necessarily "from" that area originally.
Ive only been saying THIS for years.

Not sure why we never do though...especially considering next to FSU...honestly VA TECH is our biggest rival IN MY OPINION. I hate them more than ANY other team

Ive only been saying THIS for years.

Not sure why we never do though...especially considering next to FSU...honestly VA TECH is our biggest rival IN MY OPINION. I hate them more than ANY other team

Yep, throw in tidewater there as well. Those are some tough dudes

VIP Notes: A pair of Top100 defensive linemen expected to visit Miami this Spring​

VIP By GABY URRUTIA 19 minutes ago

The Hurricanes have already hosted a pair of top defensive linemen since Spring Football started on Monday.

Both Allen (Texas) five-star David Hicks, the top-ranked defensive lineman in the country, and Miami Central's Rueben Bain, who ranks as the No. 142 overall player in the country, have been on campus this week.

InsideTheU learned that Miami will likely host a pair of Top100 defensive linemen from Alabama at some point this spring. A date is still unclear, but a source with knowledge of the situation expects James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw to make it down to Coral Gables at some point over the next month or so.

The two Montgomery (Ala.) Carver defenders are two of the top players in one of the most loaded cycles across the Yellowhammer State.

Smith, who has five stars next to his name, is considered the No. 11 overall player and No. 2 defensive lineman, according to 247Sports. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder played his junior season at Bradenton IMG Academy.
Reuben Bain 29.5 sacks going against the best High School talent in America, and he’s not a 5 star? Stop ******* around 247 sports, if them SEC cucks had a inkling he was going to Alabama or Georgia he would be the No.1 defensive end in the country!

Advertisement
Man….we are going after big fish. Russow is a beast. Imagine getting him and Anthony Hill on the field as off ball LB’s. Explosive, fast, aggressive prototype Miami backers. James Smith us already 310….that’s the kind of DT we need to add.

This cycle feels so different….whether we are able st steal this kids from Alabama or not, I know that the kids we pull this year will be on another level.
You aint kidding. 310-325 in a college training program will turn this kid into something truly obscene for opposing offenses and Russaw is just a destroyer. If he can carry his game to the next level he's going to give offenses nightmares.

Advertisement
Reuben Bain 29.5 sacks going against the best High School talent in America, and he’s not a 5 star? Stop ******* around 247 sports, if them SEC cucks had a inkling he was going to Alabama or Georgia he would be the No.1 defensive end in the country!
I hate to say it to you, but stats don't mean much. Francois Nolton had twice as many sacks as Nyjalik Kelly and Cyrus Moss...but he's nowhere near there level of talent.

Advertisement
Back