2023 Quick VIP Recruiting Notes... James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw

Advertisement
This kid’s recruitment has been strangely quiet given that he’s the only legit big war daddy DT in this cycle. You’d expect to see bama CBs earlyish for this kid or something but nary a peep which means one of two things - kid is going to bama and is a foregone conclusion or he’s purposely being quiet bc an OOS team is leading for him. Not sure which one applies bc I know our staff really likes him and he had a great visit with his family

This kid’s recruitment has been strangely quiet given that he’s the only legit big war daddy DT in this cycle. You’d expect to see bama CBs earlyish for this kid or something but nary a peep which means one of two things - kid is going to bama and is a foregone conclusion or he’s purposely being quiet bc an OOS team is leading for him. Not sure which one applies bc I know our staff really likes him and he had a great visit with his family
It’s a bidding War between Bama & UGA.

And after Bama just flipped RyQueze McElderry from UGA, UGA is working overtime trying to steal Russaw from Bama.

This recruitment has been an absolute dogfight behind the scenes, but I think Bama wins out for the Montgomery kid.

But UGA is offering him a really big NIL deal & pushing heavy telling him he can be the next Quay Walker for them.

Didn’t make either of these kids final 6. I definitely didn’t expect us to sign them, but I thought we would get an OV. I don’t expect us to stop trying though especially with the Steele connection.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Every freaking 5* in a Confederate state is being recruited by every top team in the South. I think we all can agree this boy going to baga if Sabag wants him.
Duh, that or UGA. I see it as Wilson, M’Pemba and this kid in that order. Bama and UGA will end up getting 2 of the 3.

Advertisement
Back