2023 Quick VIP Recruiting Notes... James Smith and Jaquavious Russaw

Advertisement
Finally casting a wide net nationally among the top tier of players like UGA has done in recent years where it seems they were involved with everybody . Before for us, it felt like we may zero in on one top guy who we only had a prayer of landing and ignore the other top rated national guys (didn't even offer some of them seemingly) for more local prospects.
Can't tell you how refreshing this s*** is to see. MC gonna tear it up.

Advertisement
No way those kids pick us over the hometown team. Love the effort though but imagine taking kids from bama. It's possible with Mario....what a time to be alive. We are finally a big dog school again ready to smash all your housewives.
You’re not wrong, but some kids want to play early or get away from home so you never know.

It always made me so disappointed that our past 4 head coaches did not recruit aggressively in Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana against the SEC, Clemson and Ohio State. Those schools did not have to defend their recruiting territory against us, but we had to defend South Florida against them. It seem like we spent too many of resources and time on defense while the other schools were on offense in South Florida and had a free reign in there states.
You can see the logic though. Not only are those schools favored, but they have more staff, more money, and are closer. It’s tough to go up against that. For now, Mario is fascinating people so we get on these kid’s lists. We’ll see who he can land, but with the amount of staff and money we’ve had in the past, I’m not surprised we didn’t go hard after these kinds of kids.

These kids are coming down here for multiple days with multiple adults on the trip with them (I'm not sure if they're coaches or parents or what). But I have to imagine that they're not at least thinking about Miami a little bit.

Advertisement
Its simple, say Bama, UGA, Texas A&M etc get in for 14 DL and each of them are taking 3 or 4. You can bet those linemen are going to those 3 schools, its just how the dominoes fall. I use that as an example but that's how u get involved with these kids. Don't just say this guy is from this area. Treat it as a whole. We got these 10 and we want 5 and you recruit them hard and stay on them. U never know what captures a kid. Like i said, especially for minorities with how the music is, they may come from small towns and simply like Miami. The multi cultural nature that alot of the people from their area hate. We used that as a plus in our pump. USC did it when Pete Carroll had it humming. These schools need the right coach with the right mentality and personality to embrace that. Like Mario

The fanbase has to change the mentality with how we go about recruiting if we are going feel confidant in the elite recruiting business we are in right now. To just simply concede any elite recruit that is in Georgia or Alabama without even putting up a fight is why Bama and UGA have top 5 classes every year. To not even make them work to keep their in-state kids as hard as we have to work to keep ours gives them an advantage that is laughable.

Make Saban and Smart start having to actually REALLY work hard on the recruiting front and not coast. Thats what I am mostly excited for about Mario and this staff. Your not going to out-work him in recruiting. Hes not intimidated by any team or any person. And kids will love that too. His fire and passion will be contagious. We wont get everyone. But just pluck a few elite kids from certain regions here and there and the dominoes will fall in the long term.

Advertisement
Neither Bama or Auburn is letting these 2 big dudes leave their state.

The NIL changes everything! Plus, Mario is relentless! And, when it comes to our DL coaches, we have:

1) The young up and Comer with a bright future
2) The old vet, who has NFL experience
3) A HOFer (say no more)
4) A veteran coach who appears to connect well with parents

For the first time in a long time, I believe in this staff!!!

Any recruit, parent, coach, is going to have a hard time a group of position coaches that are better.

I have absolutely no inside info, I just believe our staff, especially at DL, are going to dominate.

dave chappelle dance GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back