Quick update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is real simple & people make it more than what it is. If you're not aware COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A HUGE BUSINESS! some places (sec who doesn't have to deal with legitimate concerns from the ncaa reprisals)are far more invested in it than others... everyone thinks this kid doesn't want to be here oh boo hoo... reality is this & feel free to judge but as a inner city kid who comes from next to nothing or meager at best surroundings what do you realistically expect these kids to say when Nick savant flus a chopper in to drop you off your new car keys,to drop you 200k in cash,to give your family the keys & paperwork to a new house... when Kirby smart hands you 350k... What then? You're all **** liars if you judge these children who are forced to make that call. For some it's a simple game to collect for visits & tweets etc till signing day knowing these people paid upfront. Only so much they can do without ****ing themselves than others just take the easy route...

So legit question on this... when Richt was at GA how much was he playing those same games? We talk about all of the other schools doing it (and I don't doubt that it happens at all), but when Richt was at GA, he did pretty well recruiting in a conf the NCAA 'doesn't care about enforcing' (I think it's more that those schools don't have turncoat boosters) and where Kirby Smart 'hands you 350K', I find it hard to believe he was not doing the same games. And if so, then he must have some pretty conflicted feelings right now.

No way RICHT cheated at Ga and no way he gonna cheat at Miami. For those that want a cheater for head coach you got the wrong man. He is competitive as can be but does it within the rules.

Lol at this

I don't believe Richt cheated, I do believe people close to the teams give out money though.

I would be very surprised if this were wide spread. There's simply too much at stake. UGA and UM will always get recruits, money or not. But bag men put the whole project in jeopardy, as we well know. Are there Shapiro's out there? Sure. Is it common practice by boosters at the big programs? No. Social media and big mouths make it a bad deal - as it should be.

Advertisement
Talk to cats who have played D-1 ball. In almost every instance, the payment does not come from the school or one of the coaches. Invariably, payments/hookups are made by boosters. This is how schools believe they insulate themselves from charges of impropriety. I do not believe Coach Richt or anyone on his staff have ever paid a player, and he won't do it at Miami. I do believe that boosters have likely 'taken care of' players at both UGA, and probably Miami. Once a booster is under suspicion, it's the school's responsibility to distance itself from that booster.

Talk to cats who have played D-1 ball. In almost every instance, the payment does not come from the school or one of the coaches. Invariably, payments/hookups are made by boosters. This is how schools believe they insulate themselves from charges of impropriety. I do not believe Coach Richt or anyone on his staff have ever paid a player, and he won't do it at Miami. I do believe that boosters have likely 'taken care of' players at both UGA, and probably Miami. Once a booster is under suspicion, it's the school's responsibility to distance itself from that booster.

Rick Pitino's former assistant says hello.

Rick Pitino's former assistant says hello.

Right. Different coach, different sport, and that was an egregious set of circumstances. In any event, look how it blew up on them.

Advertisement
This is real simple & people make it more than what it is. If you're not aware COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A HUGE BUSINESS! some places (sec who doesn't have to deal with legitimate concerns from the ncaa reprisals)are far more invested in it than others... everyone thinks this kid doesn't want to be here oh boo hoo... reality is this & feel free to judge but as a inner city kid who comes from next to nothing or meager at best surroundings what do you realistically expect these kids to say when Nick savant flus a chopper in to drop you off your new car keys,to drop you 200k in cash,to give your family the keys & paperwork to a new house... when Kirby smart hands you 350k... What then? You're all **** liars if you judge these children who are forced to make that call. For some it's a simple game to collect for visits & tweets etc till signing day knowing these people paid upfront. Only so much they can do without ****ing themselves than others just take the easy route...

So legit question on this... when Richt was at GA how much was he playing those same games? We talk about all of the other schools doing it (and I don't doubt that it happens at all), but when Richt was at GA, he did pretty well recruiting in a conf the NCAA 'doesn't care about enforcing' (I think it's more that those schools don't have turncoat boosters) and where Kirby Smart 'hands you 350K', I find it hard to believe he was not doing the same games. And if so, then he must have some pretty conflicted feelings right now.

No way RICHT cheated at Ga and no way he gonna cheat at Miami. For those that want a cheater for head coach you got the wrong man. He is competitive as can be but does it within the rules.

Lol at this

Prove it wrong

Sony

Lol at this

Prove it wrong

U ever see the movie "Blue Chips"? Sometimes the pressure to win overcomes even the best of men. Like Brooklyn said, this is BIG business.

Not Miami, not bags.

People just can't see what's right in front of them. It doesn't take a genius IQ to figure out why Miami is different.

I think it is the boosters as well. But getting $ like some are insinuating . . . we cant even go withdrawl 10k in cash or depositing 10k in cash (from bank) without being reported. Hard to hide 350k for many of these families.

Advertisement
I think it is the boosters as well. But getting $ like some are insinuating . . . we cant even go withdrawl 10k in cash or depositing 10k in cash (from bank) without being reported. Hard to hide 350k for many of these families.

Somehow I don't think they're depositing this money in banks.

They call it the bag game for a reason, it's an all-cash business. And the boosters making these payments aren't withdrawing from their checking accounts either, everything is funnelled through foundations

Lol at this

Prove it wrong

Sony

This. I heard it from a member of our staff years ago. I'm fairly certain most of these big time school coaches are pretty isolated from these shenanigans,

Last edited:

Lol at this

Prove it wrong

Sony

This. I heard it from a member of our staff years ago. I'm fairly certain most of these big time school coaches are pretty isolated from these shenanigans,

I agree its probably not the coaches but it happens everywhere. Saban just targets guy and boosters go ham for them.....then they interview the recruit and recruit says hes cool im tight with him. But the real thing is most of them hate saban

Last time we spoke publicly about these things, a guy started a thread to get info to oust Bama...

Advertisement

Lol at this

Prove it wrong

Sony

Sony always seemed like an upfront kid and we will never know what he got other than that hot body gymnaist he dates.

People that think Miami has a bag game or will have a bag game in any significant way in the near future is completely clueless about the nature of our fan base, alumni network, nature of our boosters and booster system, and school and area demographics and financial picture.

Don't make assumptions without actually understanding our school and its sports programs completely.

To make it as clear as possible: Miami has no bag game and to try to compete that way is a losing proposition, especially against SEC schools with their well funded stealth booster organizations.
We are on a public forum, so I'm obviously not saying much, but if you don't think anyone connected to Miami plays the bag game you have lost your mind. And by "connected to Miami" I don't mean the coaching staff themselves, they are clean.

Advertisement
I'm not naive enough to think there aren't any financial exchanges in the big money world of college football, but given the number of kids that have received payments and number of years this has been going on, there would be a leak, undercover surveillance, money trail, disgruntled underachiever, investigative report or something that would expose the process. I know there have been instances, like Ole Miss recently, but seems there would something to blow the lid off.

There have been articles and stories. There was one called Meet the Bagman fairly recently.

Lol at this

Prove it wrong

Sony

They're so good at covering the tracks that an obviously complicit and guilty Dyck Pitino managed to escape by claiming that a $20k per year low level assistant paid tens of thousands of dollars out of his own empty pockets to buy hookers.

Somehow I don't think they're depositing this money in banks.

They call it the bag game for a reason, it's an all-cash business. And the boosters making these payments aren't withdrawing from their checking accounts either, everything is funnelled through foundations

I hear ya, but 350k isnt exactly easy to fit in a mattress . . . Ive been told;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back