Quick Turnaround Week vs BCU

This is the kind of game we would sleepwalk through after a big win and look it...I'm interested in seeing if we're beyond that now.
Perfect scenario is route them in the first half then give the young QB's a quarter each of PT.

Advertisement
We need to run our O and get the starters off the field ASAP. This is not the time to get cute and just ground and pound to work on the run game. Run the whole O, run up the score before halftime, get the starters out, keep running the O until the clock hits 00:00.

If we keep it close by being ultra conservative, that's when players get injured because they are still on the field when they shouldn't be. I hate that crap. Get up by 40 and let the backups keep it going. Winning this game 42-13 won't look good. Get up big, get the starters out, then let the backups run the O like their lives depend on it.

I know they want to redshirt both backup quarterbacks this year so I'm curious as to how they're going to handle it. Ideally, there's going to be a few more opportunities for the young guys to get some action. This week for sure. Likely next week at Temple and then we have games against ACC trash teams GT, Boston College and Virginia. I'd have to assume Brown and Williams both play against Bethune and that would give Williams two more games while still having a shirt.

Advertisement
This is the kind of game we would sleepwalk through after a big win and look it...I'm interested in seeing if we're beyond that now.
Perfect scenario is route them in the first half then give the young QB's a quarter each of PT.
We will be playing some backups that are hopefully foaming at the mouth for some playing time. Hopefully we see it play out like that rather than sleepwalking. Your point is spot on I’m optimistic though

Advertisement
Let the freshmen and sophomores eat up 80% of the snaps. 1st team O and D shouldn't see more than 12 snaps each, IMO.

Exactly. Treat it for what it is, a preseason game. Let your rookies and second team show what they've got. I'd like to see TVD run the first two series, get 14, then cede the spot to Williams and Brown. And if all our starters aren't observing from the sidelines in the second half, we're not the team I thought we were.

50-10 (generally closer game because we have our third team and scout teams out there in the second half).

Advertisement
Yeah, I think the staff needs to limit snaps for some of the more valuable pieces. For example, a guy like X shouldn't play more than 10-15 snaps. I love him, but the dude plays so physical he'll probably lay out for a block up 50-0 so the RB can get an additional yard. Need to protect some guys from themselves, particularly where there's depth. With injuries to Deen and Mesidor, they probably also need to be careful with how many reps they give the 1s in this game.

I want to see among others:

Car Chase Police GIF

Advertisement
Its not like the U or our coaches to run up scores. I see us dominating the clock and a decent win 31 to 13. We are not out to embarrass BCU but to play a lot of backups and live with any mistakes they make.
huh? We literally beat this team by 57 points last season and scored 70 points.

Need to see the youth and transfers get in.

If we're thinking of putting Ricard at safety, let him get some burn now.

Let Damari get burn at CB. Same with Stafford.

Let Jaden Harris play nickel.

Let the young pup LBs go off. Let's see if Malik Bryant can be the QB of the defense at MLB.

I wanna see a healthy mix of Bain, Wayne, Campbell, Moten, even Cyruss.

Kinsler, Samson, McCoy need to get a lot of run here.

Tyler Harrell, RayRay, Shemar, more Horton, all need to be given chances to make plays.

Most of these guys haven't played a lot through 2 games. Need to get them as many live reps as possible before going into ACC play.

I wanna seee what Cyrus Moss can do as the DE that covers the RB out of the backfield, or if he's lined up over the TE, can he cover him.

Advertisement
Back