Quick Turnaround Week vs BCU

How exactly does a university ”not allow their games to be bet on”? I’ve never heard of that. What authority would a school have to prevent betting lines in Vegas and wherever else sports bets are legal?

Regardless, sports books often shy away from games like this because of 50 point plus spread is touchy. What if it rains on Thursday night and Mario just focus on running the ball? what is the coach doesn’t feel like running up the score? I know it’s Bethune Cookman, but Miami would still have to try to cover that large a point spread. The new clock rule limits possessions, too.

I don’t bet on games, so those of you that do feel free to correct me or clue me in.
In a game like this the line usually drops very late. Might not get it until day of the game. I expect a -49.5 line. Think most sports books thinks Mario will want to win and get to the 10 day rest with no further injuries and bleed the clock with the run game. Similar to Miami Ohio.

Advertisement
We play in 4 days and it is a great time for a borderline walk through game. It sounds like we are beat up on the d-line and I’m sure there is some emotional let down after a huge win. Here are things I’m watching for this week

1. Health, health, health and more health. Stay clean and off the injury report. These games are notorious for stupid injuries. Let’s not do that. Get our starters off their feet
2. Offensive efficiency: clean up the procedural **** and score TDs the first 4 drives. Keep momentum in the pass game and keep the ball going forward.
3. Keep tackling. This is the best tackling team I’ve seen since idk when. Keep putting guys in the ground and getting off the field
4. Specials: For the love of God, field the punts and block the rushers. No more special teams gaffes
5. Let the kids play: we should be in a position to play some backups by mid 3rd honestly. I want to see Pancake and McCoy on OL, Ray Ray and Washington at WR and get Emory a quarter to throw it a bit. Defensively I want to see Wayne, Washington, and Malik Bryant play. We need to develop front 7 depth

What say you?

59-10
I would say I agree with you but...........

1. We need to give Emory much more than a quarter. I would say more than a half.

2. I want to see a heavy dose of Ajay Allen, Don Chaney and Chris Johnson. No need for Parrish outside of a few series and Fletcher is banged up. How about TreVonte Citizen if he is healthy enough. The fans would love it.

3. On the OL I want to see a ton of Samson Okunlola, Matt McCoy, Tommy Kinsler, Antonio Tripp, Logan Sagapolu, Ryan Rodriguez, Luis Cristobal, Frankie Tinilau, and Jonathan Denis. Also Anez Cooper and Francis Mauigoa because they are young and need the work. We could use this opportunity to get Zion Nelson some work.

4. At TE Maybe we see Arroyo for a few series but I want to see Skinner, Williams and Carver for sure. Cam McCormick should take the day off.

5. At WR we need to see Ray Ray and Robbie Washington, more Isaiah Horton, Brashard Smith, Tyler Harrell and Shemar Kirk. I'm quite intrigued by Kirk and would like to get a good look at him.

6. On DL I need to see Anthony Campbell who I have not noticed yet this season. I also want to see Josh Horton. Also Cyrus Moss, Ahmad Moten, J. Wayne, Thomas Gore, Reuben Bain is just a freshman so he needs the work.

7. At LB I need to see Chase Smith, Raul Aguirre, Malik Bryant, Marcellius Pulliam and Bobby Washington Jr.

8. At CB give heavy doses of Damari Brown, Robert Stafford, Demetrius Freeney and Jadais Richard.

9. At Safety I need to get a good look at Markeith Williams, Jaden Harris, Jadais Richard, Brian Balom and Kaleb Spencer.

I know I could have said play all the young kids but what fun would that be? So I thought I would humor you all with specifics.

Advertisement
I would say I agree with you but...........

1. We need to give Emory much more than a quarter. I would say more than a half.

2. I want to see a heavy dose of Ajay Allen, Don Chaney and Chris Johnson. No need for Parrish outside of a few series and Fletcher is banged up. How about TreVonte Citizen if he is healthy enough. The fans would love it.

3. On the OL I want to see a ton of Samson Okunlola, Matt McCoy, Tommy Kinsler, Antonio Tripp, Logan Sagapolu, Ryan Rodriguez, Luis Cristobal, Frankie Tinilau, and Jonathan Denis. Also Anez Cooper and Francis Mauigoa because they are young and need the work. We could use this opportunity to get Zion Nelson some work.

4. At TE Maybe we see Arroyo for a few series but I want to see Skinner, Williams and Carver for sure. Cam McCormick should take the day off.

5. At WR we need to see Ray Ray and Robbie Washington, more Isaiah Horton, Brashard Smith, Tyler Harrell and Shemar Kirk. I'm quite intrigued by Kirk and would like to get a good look at him.

6. On DL I need to see Anthony Campbell who I have not noticed yet this season. I also want to see Josh Horton. Also Cyrus Moss, Ahmad Moten, J. Wayne, Thomas Gore, Reuben Bain is just a freshman so he needs the work.

7. At LB I need to see Chase Smith, Raul Aguirre, Malik Bryant, Marcellius Pulliam and Bobby Washington Jr.

8. At CB give heavy doses of Damari Brown, Robert Stafford, Demetrius Freeney and Jadais Richard.

9. At Safety I need to get a good look at Markeith Williams, Jaden Harris, Jadais Richard, Brian Balom and Kaleb Spencer.

I know I could have said play all the young kids but what fun would that be? So I thought I would humor you all with specifics.

While I essentially agree with everything you wrote above, the starters earned the right to play. They have a say. And I am pretty sure they all want to play save maybe guys like TVD, Cohen and Lee whose draft status won't move by padding stats vs Bethune. Guys like LT and Harvey and JW want to put some bone crushing sacks or open field tackles on their film.

I'd like to see TVD pulled after the third or fourth TD. I have bad memories of the Savannah State fiasco, when Golden kept our front line QB (can't remember his name) in into the fourth quarter after we were up 60-0 and the QB (who some had spoken about in terms of the Heisman) got injured.

Get Emory in there as quickly as possible.

1694624321449.png

Who is our 4th string QB? Why waste Emory or Jacurri when we need them healthy if anything happens to TVD. Emory already burned one game so it should be Jaccuri time unless we go deeper which would be fine. I don't want Emory down to only 2 games, let him do mop up duty when we whip fsu.

Advertisement
So was the DC. The offensive line. The linebackers, the running backs, the wide receivers. I mean Gattis was garbage but there was more than just him sucking it up last year.

Tried to tell you haaa

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back