Quick Turnaround Week vs BCU

We play in 4 days and it is a great time for a borderline walk through game. It sounds like we are beat up on the d-line and I’m sure there is some emotional let down after a huge win. Here are things I’m watching for this week

1. Health, health, health and more health. Stay clean and off the injury report. These games are notorious for stupid injuries. Let’s not do that. Get our starters off their feet
2. Offensive efficiency: clean up the procedural **** and score TDs the first 4 drives. Keep momentum in the pass game and keep the ball going forward.
3. Keep tackling. This is the best tackling team I’ve seen since idk when. Keep putting guys in the ground and getting off the field
4. Specials: For the love of God, field the punts and block the rushers. No more special teams gaffes
5. Let the kids play: we should be in a position to play some backups by mid 3rd honestly. I want to see Pancake and McCoy on OL, Ray Ray and Washington at WR and get Emory a quarter to throw it a bit. Defensively I want to see Wayne, Washington, and Malik Bryant play. We need to develop front 7 depth

What say you?

59-10
Yes sir. Agreed. This is the best tackling team in several years. Let’s hope it stays that way and we remain and get healthy quick.

I want to see 3rd string and Emory start of the 3rd quarter with us being up 45 to 3.

Advertisement
Estimated attendance for this game. Know that many did not show up but last year over 56000 tickets sold for the game against them.

Advertisement
Dont show too much to Temple lol. I will be there leaving work and heading down. 2nd weekday game. I didnt realize its a thursday game till saturday while watch A&M. Going solo, prolly gonna leave before the end cuz i got work friday. Just want the players to get healthy for the ACC schedule.

Advertisement
All I wanna see:

- Chris Johnson Jr get reps
- Tyler Harrell, Shemar Kirk, Nate Joseph & Robby Washington get reps
- Damari Brown & Roger Stafford get reps
- Anthony Campbell get reps
- Samson Okunlola get reps
…and the 5th string, walk-on, stadium concessions hotdog guy.

Estimated attendance for this game. Know that many did not show up but last year over 56000 tickets sold for the game against them.
the game against them last year was so hot they were pulling people out of the seats and carrying them to the concourse bc they were passing out from the heat

idk if i've ever been so hot in my life haha

Advertisement
anybody know why we can't bet on the game? not on fanduel or draftkings.. not sure if there's a reason (I know some universities don't allow their games to be bet on, is bcu one of those?)

anywho

Miami 56
Bethune 10 (garbage time points because our backups will play whole second half, maybe even more
I would assume it’s because they don’t know what to make the spread for this game

Not to be disrespectful to football and the opponent, but…

Miami 55
BCC 6

Miami starts emptying the bench with a 31-3 halftime lead. Several key players sit out due to nicks and bruises and the short week. The new clock rule does limit possessions as the Canes indeed run the ball more but hit a few explosive plays along the way as well.

JMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
anybody know why we can't bet on the game? not on fanduel or draftkings.. not sure if there's a reason (I know some universities don't allow their games to be bet on, is bcu one of those?)

anywho

Miami 56
Bethune 10 (garbage time points because our backups will play whole second half, maybe even more
How exactly does a university ”not allow their games to be bet on”? I’ve never heard of that. What authority would a school have to prevent betting lines in Vegas and wherever else sports bets are legal?

Regardless, sports books often shy away from games like this because of 50 point plus spread is touchy. What if it rains on Thursday night and Mario just focus on running the ball? what is the coach doesn’t feel like running up the score? I know it’s Bethune Cookman, but Miami would still have to try to cover that large a point spread. The new clock rule limits possessions, too.

I don’t bet on games, so those of you that do feel free to correct me or clue me in.

Last edited:
Stay healthy and let’s offload the bench and let the freshmen and sophomores get all the reps
This is the goal, i do think we will see more of the 1's then i would prefer but thats just how mario is. hopefully we see the youngins the whole 2nd half.

Not to be disrespectful to football and the opponent, but…

Miami 55
BCC 6

Miami starts emptying the bench with a 31-3 halftime lead. Several key players sit out due to nicks and bruises and the short week. The new clock rule does limit possessions as the Canes indeed run the ball more but hit a few explosive plays along the way as well.

JMO
Lol. Well played.

Advertisement
Back