Quick Turnaround Week vs BCU

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
We play in 4 days and it is a great time for a borderline walk through game. It sounds like we are beat up on the d-line and I’m sure there is some emotional let down after a huge win. Here are things I’m watching for this week

1. Health, health, health and more health. Stay clean and off the injury report. These games are notorious for stupid injuries. Let’s not do that. Get our starters off their feet
2. Offensive efficiency: clean up the procedural **** and score TDs the first 4 drives. Keep momentum in the pass game and keep the ball going forward.
3. Keep tackling. This is the best tackling team I’ve seen since idk when. Keep putting guys in the ground and getting off the field
4. Specials: For the love of God, field the punts and block the rushers. No more special teams gaffes
5. Let the kids play: we should be in a position to play some backups by mid 3rd honestly. I want to see Pancake and McCoy on OL, Ray Ray and Washington at WR and get Emory a quarter to throw it a bit. Defensively I want to see Wayne, Washington, and Malik Bryant play. We need to develop front 7 depth

What say you?

59-10

Advertisement
We play in 4 days and it is a great time for a borderline walk through game. It sounds like we are beat up on the d-line and I’m sure there is some emotional let down after a huge win. Here are things I’m watching for this week

1. Health, health, health and more health. Stay clean and off the injury report. These games are notorious for stupid injuries. Let’s not do that. Get our starters off their feet
2. Offensive efficiency: clean up the procedural **** and score TDs the first 4 drives. Keep momentum in the pass game and keep the ball going forward.
3. Keep tackling. This is the best tackling team I’ve seen since idk when. Keep putting guys in the ground and getting off the field
4. Specials: For the love of God, field the punts and block the rushers. No more special teams gaffes
5. Let the kids play: we should be in a position to play some backups by mid 3rd honestly. I want to see Pancake and McCoy on OL, Ray Ray and Washington at WR and get Emory a quarter to throw it a bit. Defensively I want to see Wayne, Washington, and Malik Bryant play. We need to develop front 7 depth

What say you?

59-10

let the hungry youngin's eat.

Advertisement
I think Mario will run a lot this game. I think it will be a rather boring script honestly

think you will still see balance. Keep working on both run and pass especially with your young guys to get reps

20230911_104912.gif

I want to see the young LBs and pass rushers get to work. Give me lots of Popo, Bobby, Horton, Malik, Wayne, etc. Secondary too.

Excited to see Kinsler and Samson in some extended periods. Saw a little bit of the latter against Miami Ohio, but should get ample playing time on Thursday.

Lastly, let's see what Jacurri has been working on, even if Emory will get the bulk of the snaps late 2Q/2H.

Advertisement
I agree with your comments overall. I'd add no stupid unsportsmanlike penalties that could cost a player another game.

I'm torn about what to do at QB and at what point. Hopefully we get up by a lot, but maybe give JB the backup reps this time. Apparently OC says he plans on using both of the backups without burning either shirt. If Emory is indeed ahead of JB and already has played in 1 game, do you save Emory more for those God forbid moments where he would be the man? 🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm babbling so sorry about that.

I want to see the young LBs and pass rushers get to work. Give me lots of Popo, Bobby, Horton, Malik, Wayne, etc. Secondary too.

Excited to see Kinsler and Samson in some extended periods. Saw a little bit of the latter against Miami Ohio, but should get ample playing time on Thursday.

Lastly, let's see what Jacurri has been working on, even if Emory will get the bulk of the snaps late 2Q/2H.
I want to see improved pass coverage from our linebackers. I think we can still improve there even though it’s gotten a lot better since last year

Advertisement
I am almost tempted to say don’t even play TVD and some other starters? I admit, perhaps thats too far, maybe even ridiculous but just throwing it out there to my esteemed colleagues in Canedom. Develop the depth, give them all the reps. This is a quick turnaround after a physical game like that. Just want to get healthy. Should still be able to handle business with Emory, or even JB, Ladson, Tyler, maybe let Cheney do his thing. Etc

I am almost tempted to say don’t even play TVD and some other starters? I admit, perhaps thats too far, maybe even ridiculous but just throwing it out there to my esteemed colleagues in Canedom. Develop the depth, give them all the reps. This is a quick turnaround after a physical game like that. Just want to get healthy. Should still be able to handle business with Emory, or even JB, Ladson, Tyler, maybe let Cheney do his thing. Etc
I think we play them. There is not substitute for game reps. I just think we play it conservative and put this team in the ground and pound. We might have 3 RBs go for a bill and the starters are out by mid 3rd

I think we play them. There is not substitute for game reps. I just think we play it conservative and put this team in the ground and pound. We might have 3 RBs go for a bill and the starters are out by mid 3rd
This is a great game to re-establish the dominance up front on OL. Admittedly, we did not run the ball that well against A&M. It might be the most talented DL we face all year long, but they did control the LOS in terms of the run game for most of that contest. Pass blocking, however, was clearly in our favor.

It's a perfect spot off a short week to bully them up front, then bully Temple in similar fashion the following week. We will absolutely need to run the ball against GT. They're not awful on defense, and their most talented area is their secondary. I know Brohm got them 2H of that Louisville vs. GT opener, but they were flying around in the back end all 1H. We can and should be able to run all over them, which will naturally open up the passing game.

Advertisement

Agree. I want to see the young LBs, I want Skinner and Carver to make some appearances, the young OL, get some of the younger WR (Robby and Ray Ray) a chance to show some shake and bake, only thing I disagree with is Jacurri. For whatever reason I think games like this help more than hurt. Confidence does not seem to be his issue, he has played real starter minutes, a series or two against a team Gattis put up 70 on is likely no better than the scout team. Keep his RS intact in case injuries happen and he is needed later in games. Let Emory run the show.

anybody know why we can't bet on the game? not on fanduel or draftkings.. not sure if there's a reason (I know some universities don't allow their games to be bet on, is bcu one of those?)

anywho

Miami 56
Bethune 10 (garbage time points because our backups will play whole second half, maybe even more

Advertisement
Back