Quick question

Bump.

Jeremiah Smith was an unacceptable miss. There's no other way to spin it. This kid is the best wide receiver possibly ever to come out of South Florida, at least since Andre Johnson.

MASSIVE fail by the staff and by the NIL people.

Also goes to show why you shouldn't take a victory lap before the ink has dried.
It’s not a fail on the staff in how they recruited him. They recruit super hard.

You can’t keep throwing bags at the problem to overcome the lack of on-field success and that is where the proof is and I hope we start winning this year and moving forward and I believe we will win these. This was a close recruitment despite the lack of on-field success. When we stop recruiting with both hands tied behinds our backs due to us winning on the field, we will win these.

Advertisement
Bump.

Jeremiah Smith was an unacceptable miss. There's no other way to spin it. This kid is the best wide receiver possibly ever to come out of South Florida, at least since Andre Johnson.

Also goes to show why you shouldn't take a victory lap before the ink has dried.
Boombox Shut Up GIF

It’s not a fail on the staff in how they recruited him. They recruit super hard.

You can’t keep throwing bags at the problem to overcome the lack of on-field success and that is where the proof is and I hope we start winning this year and moving forward and I believe we will win these. This was a close recruitment despite the lack of on-field success. When we stop recruiting with both hands tied behinds our backs due to us winning on the field, we will win these.
Maybe it was close maybe not. We won't actually ever know. These are the players that accelerate the time frame for being "Back".

There won't be another Jeremiah Smith next year. He's a generational talent and the biggest recruiting miss in Miami history. It's a miss and a failure, and to me there's nothing gained by sugar coating it with false optimism about "next year" when we've been hearing that same lie for decades.

We're signing a decent class this year. It's not terrible. It's not elite and not a championship class, but it's good enough to help improve this team vs where we are today, so that's a win on one level.

That's where I see we are, minus all the bull****. and hype.

That idiot of a QB caused us three games this year. This team deserved to be at least 9-3 this year.

Advertisement
Bump.

It was a loss at the same time it won’t stop nothing..get us a QB & let’s ride

This class is so stacked. Anyone who is complaining about results of today are wild, man. In 2019 we would be talking about whether Romello Height will stick on NSD.. People just so incredibly emotional. Just be thankful to be a Miami Hurricane right now.

Advertisement
Are we broke?

I swear I remember seeing the same played out jokes for months we were poor and the recruitng class was proof. Even if some people kept saying wait until the class is finished.

Yes we were broke until that Cartel money came in at the end of the year. At least this was how it was told to me by my sources in someone's Mommy's basement.

What did you say that was the truth all along?

That Miami needed to pay the suck tax and that we're not recruiting well enough to win championships. I've maintained for a couple years that the bar should be a top 5 class every year

Maybe it was close maybe not. We won't actually ever know. These are the players that accelerate the time frame for being "Back".
There won't be another Jeremiah Smith next year. He's a generational talent and the biggest recruiting miss in Miami history. It's a miss and a failure, and to me there's nothing gained by sugar coating it with false optimism about "next year" when we've been hearing that same lie for decades.

We're signing a decent class this year. It's not terrible. It's not elite and not a championship class, but it's good enough to help improve this team vs where we are today, so that's a win on one level.

J Smith was as talented and important as you say he was as a recruit, and missing on him sucks, but we are NOT broke.

Our NIL game is strong and we’re bringing in a good class. Need more wins + NIL to get guys at J Smith’s level this day in age

Advertisement
We aren’t broke. But we got a lot of work to do too. Both things can be true. This emotional stuff happening in this thread is weird but that’s what we do here

When it comes to Smiff as my boy @Dwinstitles says it’s about relationships and yet again the relationships won out. We sucked last year. Had we not been 5-7 maybe we get in good with him earlier and we don’t let OSU lock him down in the first place

Dalvin Cook would have changed our projection for the foreseeable future. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Bump.

IMG_6315.jpeg

Advertisement
Back