Quick question

OK, let's pull on this thread. So what you're saying is he believes in OSU's ability to develop him but not Miami's. He believes in Hartline but not Beard.

That's still on Miami because Miami hired Beard... this is the man they chose to represent the U and bring to the knife fight against Hartline. So are you saying Beard isn't good enough of a recruiter and talent developer to compete with what OSU has?

JS is a first-round lock, so their streak of putting WR's in the first round is likely to continue with him. What can we do to ensure that the next JS doesn't also choose OSU for exactly the same reasons?
Winning more games helps. We sucked two years ago, we finished with a bad record this year but had a lot of improvement. This year if we win 10 games or so I believe in Mario’s ability to keep the Jeremiah smiths, dalvin cooks, Bain’s of the world home if we’re winning games

Advertisement
Imma be honest brotha, nothing said in these interviews should be used to support an argument. Most of time these kids are either looking for clout or trying to raise the bag. If you think these 15-18 year olds are speaking from the heart someone mislead you.
Breh, Coaches knees not buckling for no reason.. Mario was relentless, thats all I can ask for #1 player in country, concede NOTHING.. I know that ************ fought to the end, more than I can say for most coaches and their mindset in coral gables last couple decades

You guys can say copium and all of that ****. But 25 and 26 is the back to back best WR classes in South Florida history. We recruited WR very well this year and fairly well last year. 25-26 are going to build on that big time. JJ a beast no doubt but I'm thrilled with what we have come up with this class.
Bro aint no Copium. We got 3 stud WRs. Simple as that. Common sense aint too common but we also know SFE and others had their claws in these skill players funneling them away. Relationships they built for 2,3 years, even more. It takes time. We got pretty much all the big name down here except JJ.

Last edited:
Breh, Coaches knees not buckling for no reason.. Mario was relentless, thats all I can ask for #1 player in country, concede NOTHING.. I know that ************ fought to the end, more than I can say for most coaches and their mindset in coral gables last couple decades

I'm not taking a position on how strong the offer was or how close we were. I will confidently say croots be lying.

Advertisement
OK, let's pull on this thread. So what you're saying is he believes in OSU's ability to develop him but not Miami's. He believes in Hartline but not Beard.

That's still on Miami because Miami hired Beard... this is the man they chose to represent the U and bring to the knife fight against Hartline. So are you saying Beard isn't good enough of a recruiter and talent developer to compete with what OSU has?

JS is a first-round lock, so their streak of putting WR's in the first round is likely to continue with him. What can we do to ensure that the next JS doesn't also choose OSU for exactly the same reasons?

Perform better in games.
Also you can't ignore all the other wins we got at WR.

Bro aint no Copium. We got 3 stud WRs. Simple as that. Common sense aint tok common but we also know SFE and others had their claws in these skill players funneling in them away. Relationships they built for 2,3 years, even more. It takes time. We got pretty much all the big name down here except JJ.

There are too many kids to get all the big names. UL and UNC signed good RBs from down here. FSU signed two kids from down here that are good. Neb signed Barney.... just too many good kids. We signed most of them.

Winning more games helps. We sucked two years ago, we finished with a bad record this year but had a lot of improvement. This year if we win 10 games or so I believe in Mario’s ability to keep the Jeremiah smiths, dalvin cooks, Bain’s of the world home if we’re winning games

I think we're on a good trajectory. I think people are misconstruing what I'm saying because I can compartmentalize two different things - on the one hand, this is a good class and I'm happy with it. It gets us closer to being that 10 win team you speak of which will then put us in a better position to compete for those top classes. On the other hand, JS was a monumental miss and I'm not sugar coating that. Biggest miss in decades. And it's not something you recover from next year because a talent like that doesn't come around every year.

It is what it is, the good and the bad alike. Hopefully we continue to build and stack talent in the portal.

I don't take anything personally it's a ******* message board lol. What I do have an issue with is people not knowing what happened and making absolute statements because of an unfortunate outcome. We have went 5-7 and 7-5 and had a broken program and now we are crying with a top 5 class because we didn't land the #1 player in the country who has been committed to a top 4 program for over a year?

This in and of itself shows the progress of the program imo. It's great to be a ....

@1murhurricane Mario and all the program backers have flipped the roster and we are now a legit playoff caliber team sans a QB, regardless of what Jeremiah Smith decided. Anyone not seeing the progress and talking about Smith recruitment being an epic fail is just an idiot.

That said, we get a QB1 and get to 10 wins, maybe even grab a WR1 from the portal to get to the playoffs and ACCCG, and the next Jeremiah Smith is not going to Taint. Mario, Dawson and Beard need to deliver a better product on the field, then it all comes together and we never look back.

Advertisement
There are too many kids to get all the big names. UL and UNC signed good RBs from down here. FSU signed two kids from down here that are good. Neb signed Barney.... just too many good kids. We signed most of them.
Yeah thats why i said big names. Florida was kinda down this year too. No OL, few CBs etc. We did well. Nationally.

I think we're on a good trajectory. I think people are misconstruing what I'm saying because I can compartmentalize two different things - on the one hand, this is a good class and I'm happy with it. It gets us closer to being that 10 win team you speak of which will then put us in a better position to compete for those top classes. On the other hand, JS was a monumental miss and I'm not sugar coating that. Biggest miss in decades. And it's not something you recover from next year because a talent like that doesn't come around every year.

It is what it is, the good and the bad alike. Hopefully we continue to build and stack talent in the portal.
He committed to Ohio in the spring my guy. Taking Scott imo gonna be a bigger get than losing Smith and a bigger negative impact for them.

Our trajectory is Texas, been called it even when man said im delusional. They are even ahead of how Texas built theirs in the trenches but maybe a little behind in the CB area.

Advertisement

I agree that he was a huge miss and that we have a great class to be happy about.

I just said you’re wrong about us being broke—we’re not. We are really strong in NIL. It’s hard to say “biggest miss in decades”, but I put this miss in the same tier as dalvin cook, Amari cooper, etc.

Really wish we’d landed him but not going to **** in the punch all day because can’t change it now and can only look forward

I also didn’t think we had a chance until today. He seemed completely locked in on OSU for a long time and it’s tough to beat a perennial top 4 program when our program has averaged 7 wins a year for a decade or more

I agree with the second part. It's IMO the biggest recruiting miss in the last 20 years or so, but I think the class is good enough, paired with last year's class, to improve Miami on the field in the coming years. I don't see us staying a 7 win team for long. This is shaping up to be a good to great class overall. It's not an elite class, or a championship caliber class that will take us back to the top of the mountain, but it should improve our talent and raise our floor and I do see us slowly building to become a consistent 9/10 win program with an outside shot at the playoffs in time.

As for the first part about NIL, well the reason OSU has been 22-3 is because they recruit top 5 classes. Landing Smith just means that trend will continue for them and they have the kind of roster that will lock them in to a playoff slot (12 teams) for the foreseeable future.

And as far as what we're paying, there is no evidence either way. You may have access to these NIL deals but, respectfully, I don't know you and those deals are not public knowledge, so the only facts to go by are that JS signed with OSU. So those of us who don't have access to NIL deals and who don't blindly trust internet strangers are forced to conclude that JS got a better offer from OSU to leave his friends and family in South Florida and attend there.

None of us know right now if he is the biggest recruiting miss in 20 years. Only time will tell and we've "missed" talent over the years, going back to the 70s and further.
It happens.
We just need to bring very good talent at all positions every year and stop losing games to sht teams.

Advertisement
@1murhurricane Mario and all the program backers have flipped the roster and we are now a legit playoff caliber team sans a QB, regardless of what Jeremiah Smith decided. Anyone not seeing the progress and talking about Smith recruitment being an epic fail is just an idiot.

That said, we get a QB1 and get to 10 wins, maybe even grab a WR1 from the portal to get to the playoffs and ACCCG, and the next Jeremiah Smith is not going to Taint. Mario, Dawson and Beard need to deliver a better product on the field, then it all comes together and we never look back.
Do you think we would be a playoff contender if the playoffs weren’t expanded? I don’t necessarily think we would be with the current roster. However, now that the playoffs have been expanded sure we are in contention but so are a lot of others. But I guess once you get in then anything can happen.

Ehh no recruit is a "1st round lock," otherwise Frank Ladson isn't suiting up for UMass next year.

None of us know right now if he is the biggest recruiting miss in 20 years. Only time will tell and we've "missed" talent over the years, going back to the 70s and further.
It happens.
We just need to bring very good talent at all positions every year and stop losing games to sht teams.
Seems so simple, doesn't it.

Advertisement
Back