Question to those rooting for us to lose?

Advertisement
Enjoy the negs

Wouldnt even know where to find this information.

Sure you don't, that's how I got a re-neg.
Did you read the message I wrote. I said I just found it. I went looking around. It wasnt that hard to find. but unlike you, I am not going to do it 150 times cause I dont care. Do you want a cookie, since your reputation is high?

Sure you did.

believe what you want, sir.

This is a really ****** thread. I suggest people don't take the obvious bait and move on. We all know there's only one way this story (re: Al Golden) will end.

Advertisement
This is a really ****** thread. I suggest people don't take the obvious bait and move on. We all know there's only one way this story (re: Al Golden) will end.

National Championship Trophy?

Laughter/anger/crying ensues.

Last edited:

National Championship Trophy?

Laughter/anger/crying ensues.

:(

Needless to say, but I wish I could truly believe AG was the coach to deliver that. Just not in the cards, IMO. His career ceiling is well-defined at this point, and he shows no ability (so far) to push through it, much to our collective chagrin.

I understand the OP.....

Same miserable f*cks that want us to lose are the same miserable f*cks that complain when we do

they complain when we lose because it is exactly the point they are trying to make: our coaching staff is horrendous and will never win a championship. so when we lose, and it is almost certainly the fault of the staff, they point it out.

we all want the same thing: the canes winning championships. so if by some miracle Al was actually really good and turned things around, we would all be happy. but the crowd that wants duke to win, myself included, doesn't think that is realistic at all. so why would we want golden to win 8 or 9 games this year, not change the staff at all, and mediocrity to continue and continue?

you guys act like we LIKE wanting our team to lose. to answer the question from earlier, if the ball is in the air to walford with the game on the line, i hope he drops it unfortunately. because i believe that golden is the problem and that until he is gone we have no chance of being the team that we all want to be...which in my eyes is a dynasty that makes even alabama fans envy, because i truly think we have that potential. and it will never be realized with golden...we have seen his ceiling.

so i dont think its that out of the ordinary for the people who want duke to win to also complain about our coaching when we lose...actually i think it makes more sense than the opposite happening. because watching our team consistently underperform and get beat by drastically inferior opponents is totally frustrating. add the fact that it is pretty much consensus on the boards that the administration will not fire golden unless he has a disaster of a season, and why wouldnt the anti golden crowd want us to lose?

what makes less sense to me is people who hate golden and want him fired, but then want our team to have an 8-5 season which brings about zero change and prolongs these dark ages. i dont really understand what is so hard to understand about the "wanting us to lose" crowd

Advertisement
Everyone here loves the canes, I'm not gonna begrudge anyone that roots one way or the other. At the end of the day we are all passionate fans that want one thing for the canes to be great. People see two different ways for that to happen. Nothing wrong with that.

I understand the OP.....

Same miserable f*cks that want us to lose are the same miserable f*cks that complain when we do

they complain when we lose because it is exactly the point they are trying to make: our coaching staff is horrendous and will never win a championship. so when we lose, and it is almost certainly the fault of the staff, they point it out.

we all want the same thing: the canes winning championships. so if by some miracle Al was actually really good and turned things around, we would all be happy. but the crowd that wants duke to win, myself included, doesn't think that is realistic at all. so why would we want golden to win 8 or 9 games this year, not change the staff at all, and mediocrity to continue and continue?

you guys act like we LIKE wanting our team to lose. to answer the question from earlier, if the ball is in the air to walford with the game on the line, i hope he drops it unfortunately. because i believe that golden is the problem and that until he is gone we have no chance of being the team that we all want to be...which in my eyes is a dynasty that makes even alabama fans envy, because i truly think we have that potential. and it will never be realized with golden...we have seen his ceiling.

so i dont think its that out of the ordinary for the people who want duke to win to also complain about our coaching when we lose...actually i think it makes more sense than the opposite happening. because watching our team consistently underperform and get beat by drastically inferior opponents is totally frustrating. add the fact that it is pretty much consensus on the boards that the administration will not fire golden unless he has a disaster of a season, and why wouldnt the anti golden crowd want us to lose?

what makes less sense to me is people who hate golden and want him fired, but then want our team to have an 8-5 season which brings about zero change and prolongs these dark ages. i dont really understand what is so hard to understand about the "wanting us to lose" crowd

The only one willing to admit that he hopes our player drops the ball. I commend you. you can put me down for wanting the coaches fired but I dont want to go 8-5. I like how you slanted your argument to fit ur narrative. Why didnt u say they go 11-2 and win a bowl game and bring about no change?

I will never root for another team playing my Canes. Just can't do it. I'll be in my seats on Saturday night and I wish we could have 50 million straight sellouts like Nebraska has and those mofos ain't been relevant since the 90's. **** I'd be happy with 50k every game.

This right here makes me SMH. People so worried about what everyone else is doing. Why are people so hung up on attendance? Win, and they will come.

The product on the field impacts the attendance, not the other way around. A big crowd getting loud might assist in the atmosphere, but no painted up dip****s screaming their heads off were ever the factor in winning or losing a game (or twelve).
Man I'm worried about me and this U. Games are 100x better when the stands are packed instead of it being a graveyard.
And I disagree about the crowd not being a factor in winning or losing a game. It was a factor in why we won 58 straight @ the OB & it's what you play for in all sports to enhance your chances of winning a title. That's just crazy saying the crowd is not a factor in Ws and Ls.

Advertisement
I understand the OP.....

The only one willing to admit that he hopes our player drops the ball. I commend you. you can put me down for wanting the coaches fired but I dont want to go 8-5. I like how you slanted your argument to fit ur narrative. Why didnt u say they go 11-2 and win a bowl game and bring about no change?

Yea i guess i said that wrong..I didnt really mean that you want us to go 8-5. But do you think it's realistic we go 11-2? What I really meant was that you cheer for us to win week in and week out, understanding that that would most likely result in 8-5 or so...because if you think our coaching staff is garbage that is probably the most realistic scenario, even playing in one of the softest divisions in cfb.

clearly the ideal situation is golden actually being an amazing coach, he turns it around, we win a bunch of games this year, and soon we're winning titles with the staff we have. i just think that has a less chance of being reality than the chances of a new staff coming in and turning us around. and since you said you want our coaches fired, how about this scenario: we win the rest of our games except fsu, but our wins are like the UNC and Wake games last year, where we won but it was ugly and clearly there were coaching issues all over the place. our schedule is easy enough for that to be somewhat realistic. would you want that? i mean, what good does that do us? helps recruiting a bit, but when miami finally gets the talent necessary to win a championship, is golden the guy you want at the helm?

so i guess what i root for as a fan on saturday is our talent standing out, moments of brilliance, and it being clear to everyone watching that coaching and not talent is the issue. i also want kaaya to continue to look awesome. so if our coaching job does open up, bigtime coaches will see that they can win NOW, as well as all the other positives our coaching job brings, which have been discussed at length here.....

Last edited:
I understand the OP.....

Yea i guess i said that wrong..I didnt really mean that you want us to go 8-5. But do you think it's realistic we go 11-2? What I really meant was that you cheer for us to win week in and week out, understanding that that would most likely result in 8-5 or so...because if you think our coaching staff is garbage that is probably the most realistic scenario, even playing in one of the softest divisions in cfb.

clearly the ideal situation is golden actually being an amazing coach, he turns it around, we win a bunch of games this year, and soon we're winning titles with the staff we have. i just think that has a less chance of being reality than the chances of a new staff coming in and turning us around. and since you said you want our coaches fired, how about this scenario: we win the rest of our games except fsu, but our wins are like the UNC and Wake games last year, where we won but it was ugly and clearly there were coaching issues all over the place. our schedule is easy enough for that to be somewhat realistic. would you want that? i mean, what good does that do us? helps recruiting a bit, but when miami finally gets the talent necessary to win a championship, is golden the guy you want at the helm?

so i guess what i root for as a fan on saturday is our talent standing out, moments of brilliance, and it being clear to everyone watching that coaching and not talent is the issue. i also want kaaya to continue to look awesome. so if our coaching job does open up, bigtime coaches will see that they can win NOW, as well as all the other positives our coaching job brings, which have been discussed at length here.....

Well stated. It's obviously a double edged sword. Being honest and candid. If we won all of our games except fsu in the manner that you state I would want a shake up to the staff. I wouldn't care if that included golden but I doubt it would considering our record. You want to see us get slammed in the media and shunned by coaches. Fire a coach who goes 10-3 regardless of how it occurred. I don't expect anything to change with the results of the team. Therefore I expect people to get fired.

I understand the OP.....

Well stated. It's obviously a double edged sword. Being honest and candid. If we won all of our games except fsu in the manner that you state I would want a shake up to the staff. I wouldn't care if that included golden but I doubt it would considering our record. You want to see us get slammed in the media and shunned by coaches. Fire a coach who goes 10-3 regardless of how it occurred. I don't expect anything to change with the results of the team. Therefore I expect people to get fired.

Yea, i agree with you, he wouldn't get fired. Best case scenario there would be a new DC. And has Al proven he knows how to hire good coaches? No...Jedd was pretty good, the jury is still out on Coley (last game was solid but let's see if he can sustain it), Donofrio blows, I dont think Kehoe or Franklin were good hires, our secondary is underperforming so Paul Williams isn't really proving anything. I think it takes a certain talent/knowledge to know how to pick good coaches, and I'm not sold Golden can do that. So even if he picked a good one this time around, there's usually some turnover, especially if they do really well and get hired away. So can he consistently make the right decisions with his staff? I personally dont think so, and that's why I kind of moved from the "Al could succeed if he got a new DC" camp. We dont want to just make one run at the championship. We all want Miami to win multiple championships, hopefully in a row haha. So again it just comes down to if golden will magically transform into an elite coach, and I just dont think he will. So I want us to lose and I want a new head coach, as tough as that transition will be.

Advertisement

Yea, i agree with you, he wouldn't get fired. Best case scenario there would be a new DC. And has Al proven he knows how to hire good coaches? No...Jedd was pretty good, the jury is still out on Coley (last game was solid but let's see if he can sustain it), Donofrio blows, I dont think Kehoe or Franklin were good hires, our secondary is underperforming so Paul Williams isn't really proving anything. I think it takes a certain talent/knowledge to know how to pick good coaches, and I'm not sold Golden can do that. So even if he picked a good one this time around, there's usually some turnover, especially if they do really well and get hired away. So can he consistently make the right decisions with his staff? I personally dont think so, and that's why I kind of moved from the "Al could succeed if he got a new DC" camp. We dont want to just make one run at the championship. We all want Miami to win multiple championships, hopefully in a row haha. So again it just comes down to if golden will magically transform into an elite coach, and I just dont think he will. So I want us to lose and I want a new head coach, as tough as that transition will be.

Yeah, I wasnt really debating why someone roots for them to lose. As you stated you hope Walford drops the ball. That was what I want to know. I couldn't imagine watching the canes play and getting mad cause they made a play that had them winning just like I couldn't hope Walford dropped the ball. I understand the premise. Not for me and it is mutually exclusive from supporting al or any of te coaches.

Man I'm worried about me and this U. Games are 100x better when the stands are packed instead of it being a graveyard.
And I disagree about the crowd not being a factor in winning or losing a game. It was a factor in why we won 58 straight @ the OB & it's what you play for in all sports to enhance your chances of winning a title. That's just crazy saying the crowd is not a factor in Ws and Ls.

Exactly my sentiments as well, I must have been at at least 40 of the 58 in the OB and there has been nothing like it since. Sunlife, Joe Robbie or whatever you want to call it has been a complete disaster.

Yeah, I wasnt really debating why someone roots for them to lose. As you stated you hope Walford drops the ball. That was what I want to know. I couldn't imagine watching the canes play and getting mad cause they made a play that had them winning just like I couldn't hope Walford dropped the ball. I understand the premise. Not for me and it is mutually exclusive from supporting al or any of te coaches.

Yea I get what you're saying to and somewhat agree. It'd be bitersweet...I'd be excited for walford, but disappointed that we'd be closer to having Golden stay. Let's just say I would much rather prefer it being a coaching disaster leading to the loss rather than one of our players having to blatantly fail or not make a play. I want the players to look as great as possible and the coaches to look as bad as possible, forcing a coaching change.

One of the qualifications for being a Canes fan is to be ticked off no matter what is going on. We could win the national championship but there will be those who are raging made about the points we gave up in the title game. Surely we're not the only school to want the defense coordinator fired after a national championship year, but we are very prepared and able to do so when that day comes. There is no such thing as rainbows and harmony in Candyland, I mean Canesland.

Advertisement
Back