Question to those rooting for us to lose?

If we win it helps justify keeping our team adverage for the next 4 years under AG so with that not lets go Devils

Last edited:
Advertisement
Win vs Dyke...Cool. Win vs GT....OK. Beat Cinci....Hrmm. Roll in to VT and Win...We're talkin. Beat UNC....5 in a row, FSU on deck @ 7-2 and chance at redemption is at hand.

Lose to Duke, get run on by GT and Cinci lights up this D...The UM cadaver will be on full display @ VT, walking corpses posing as coaches on the sideline. @ 2-7 or 3-6, FSU will urinate on the remains.

Last edited:
Is OP serious or does he really not understand the concept?

It's not about being mad at them genius...if they happen to go on a little run here and beat some of these mediocre teams and end up with 7-8 wins it probably wouldn't be enough to spur change. Not taking any chances...they need to be gone as soon as possible.

Let's go Duke.

LMAO, look at you guys all back pedaling and skirting the question. You guys say go Duke (with all sorts of caveats), so with that said, why would you be happy if Miami scored points or made a stop. Makes no sense. You should be rooting the same way you would if u were pulling for Miami. So that would mean, being ****ed when the opponent scored or made a play and since u are riding with the Duke, Miami is the opponent.

I will never root for another team playing my Canes. Just can't do it. I'll be in my seats on Saturday night and I wish we could have 50 million straight sellouts like Nebraska has and those mofos ain't been relevant since the 90's. **** I'd be happy with 50k every game.

Advertisement
I will never root for another team playing my Canes. Just can't do it. I'll be in my seats on Saturday night and I wish we could have 50 million straight sellouts like Nebraska has and those mofos ain't been relevant since the 90's. **** I'd be happy with 50k every game.

This right here makes me SMH. People so worried about what everyone else is doing. Why are people so hung up on attendance? Win, and they will come.

The product on the field impacts the attendance, not the other way around. A big crowd getting loud might assist in the atmosphere, but no painted up dip****s screaming their heads off were ever the factor in winning or losing a game (or twelve).

Gas gangrene never gets better. Never heals.

Gotta amputate.

The sooner you do it, the less you got to cut off, the better for you.

It's not about being mad at them genius...if they happen to go on a little run here and beat some of these mediocre teams and end up with 7-8 wins it probably wouldn't be enough to spur change. Not taking any chances...they need to be gone as soon as possible.

Let's go Duke.

LMAO, look at you guys all back pedaling and skirting the question. You guys say go Duke (with all sorts of caveats), so with that said, why would you be happy if Miami scored points or made a stop. Makes no sense. You should be rooting the same way you would if u were pulling for Miami. So that would mean, being ****ed when the opponent scored or made a play and since u are riding with the Duke, Miami is the opponent.

Would you be ok with being adverage for the next 4 years under AG? A real Miami supporter would like change ASAP and if that takes us cheering for Duke which got moved to a night game so the entire world can witness first hand how bad our coaches are

Advertisement
OP just doesnt get it

I get it just fine. You guys want Golden gone and the best way to accomplish this is for the team to lose,therefore you think that by "wishing" them to lose is going to make it happen. Wow, that was so hard to decipher. What you dont understand is I see 1000000000000 threads the day after the game from these same people hoping we lose, complaining about the coaches. You were rooting for them to fail. Why be mad then? You should be the opposite.

If you truly want the team to fail, I am curious how that works on gamedays. You watch the game and Miami makes a play? How do you react? I seriously dont understand that part. The more good they do, the more chance of them winning, which leads to the possibility of them keeping the coaches. Which is counter to what you guys want. This is not a anti or pro golden question. I have stated my opinion many times on the subject. Just curious how these "fans" react to the game

Let's go Duke.

Would you be ok with being adverage for the next 4 years under AG? A real Miami supporter would like change ASAP and if that takes us cheering for Duke which got moved to a night game so the entire world can witness first hand how bad our coaches are

Who said I wanted to keep Golden?

I agree with OP's sentiment and I've wondered the same thing. I'm seeing a lot of cop-out answers. I understand the concept of wanting the team to fail to expedite a coaching change, but I don't know how any Canes fan can watch a game and actively root against them.

OP just doesnt get it

Let me ask it a different way. Its 38-34 Duke with 5 seconds to go. Miami has the ball on 10 yard line with a chance to win. Kaaya throws a fade to the corner for Walford and right before you see what happens, you lose all power. So, are you hoping that Walford caught it for the win or that Duke knocked it away? When your power comes back on and you see Miami running around celebrating, are you ****ed? If the opposite and Duke is celebrating, are you doling out high fives and fist pumps cause you're excited?

Advertisement
It is hard to root against your team to win, however sometimes that is what is best for your team. My typical cycle goes like this:

Extreme Frustration from watching us play

****ed at the coaching staff and wanting them to get fired

Get to tailgate, have a few beers, build up hope, have a few more beers, think this is the game that the coaches change things up, :based-duke2:

Excited for kickoff, offense scores a TD, fired up, :fistbump:

Defense comes on the field, 3rd and long, first down, another 3rd and long, another first down, 8 plays the other team scores a TD, reality starts to kick in, :stephenahand:

Opponent scores again, mild depression,

We score, glimmer of hope,

They score again and again and again and again... repeat cycle :dejection: :hair-fire:

Wow, talk about hitting it right on the head.

The means justify the end result. I look forward to UM football every year, but now I just want the season to end as quickly as possible. This is coming from a life long season ticket holder. I know this team is not on the same level as FSU or Alabama but struggling with mediocre ACC teams tells me this is coaching and an Administration issue. I will not renew next year if Doritos is retained and if losing to Duke excellerates the process of changing the staff then so be it.

everybody rooting for us to lose should just stop watching the canes. dont pay attention to them this year. cause your just torturing yourself. its not fun for you anymore, you're so jaded you cant enjoy anything going on why would you want to torture yourself like that? go get into the NFL or some other sport you enjoy for however long it takes.

Advertisement

Let's go Duke.

You did. By not calling him *** and by bringing up that rooting against your own team may be bad.

Our coaches suck! Players deserve better! To show them this I will root against them and not donate any money to the program! Free the players!

Let's go Duke.

You did. By not calling him *** and by bringing up that rooting against your own team may be bad.

Our coaches suck! Players deserve better! To show them this I will root against them and not donate any money to the program! Free the players!

SO, I want to see you type that when Kaaya, Duke Coley, Howard etc make a play, that you are upset. I am willing to bet anything that when watching games at home u have your Miami gear on, and your cheering like always. I get it. You want to be with the "in" crowd on a message board

SO, I want to see you type that when Kaaya, Duke Coley, Howard etc make a play, that you are upset. I am willing to bet anything that when watching games at home u have your Miami gear on, and your cheering like always. I get it. You want to be with the "in" crowd on a message board

No. I don't give a **** about the in crowd and I will be rooting for the Canes at all times. The highlighted is a mockery of the position that in one thread I can yell and scream about the players deserving better, then in another say I'm not going to games or donating so I can prove a point about the coaches as if it doesn't also directly hurt the players.

You are missing the key point that it is very easy to be negative and point out problems with this team and coaches. So after the game, win or lose, those who wish to be negative, either because they are legitimately mad, because they like the schtick of the board or because they like to beat up CIS for other reasons, will come here and mouth off.

Example: It is Duke. If we lose, bring on the onslaught. If we win, we beat Duke, we should beat Duke, Duke is a basketball school, not a real win.

You are setting yourself up for buffoonery with a thread like this.

Advertisement
Back