Question to those rooting for us to lose?

Loafers

Sophomore
Purgatory
Why are you guys still angry with the coaches? Shouldnt you be happy? They are doing what you want, losing. You are rooting for the other team, yet I see these same people in every thread ****ed off about how Miami played etc. Miami is not your team this year.

Also, i would be interested to hear how you react to a TD pass from Kaaya, a Duke TD run or any other big play by Miami. Do you throw ****? Get all ****ed off? Start screaming for the other team to get their **** together, that they are blowing it? Just curious how this goes down.

Advertisement
I continue to root for the U and its players. I just have concluded that until there is a coaching change, I will not buy tickets or make donations like I have done in the past. I also wrote to several people inside the university to explain my view. Not going to buy banners or wear bags or do anything to embarrase the school. But, I will not fund failure.................

I'm not stupid enough to expect this staff to change so GO DUKE

I continue to root for the U and its players. I just have concluded that until there is a coaching change, I will not buy tickets or make donations like I have done in the past. I also wrote to several people inside the university to explain my view. Not going to buy banners or wear bags or do anything to embarrase the school. But, I will not fund failure.................

I understand and agree with you. I am speaking to those that claim to be Arky st, nebraska and Duke fans so far, hoping for us to lose.

Advertisement
Oh I understand. So if Miami is scoring and winning this weekend, you will be ****ed? That is what I am asking

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

I am happy when we score and I want us to win but what is it all good for when we get disappointed anyway. I think it subsides the pain of us losing.

It is hard to root against your team to win, however sometimes that is what is best for your team. My typical cycle goes like this:

Extreme Frustration from watching us play

****ed at the coaching staff and wanting them to get fired

Get to tailgate, have a few beers, build up hope, have a few more beers, think this is the game that the coaches change things up, :based-duke2:

Excited for kickoff, offense scores a TD, fired up, :fistbump:

Defense comes on the field, 3rd and long, first down, another 3rd and long, another first down, 8 plays the other team scores a TD, reality starts to kick in, :stephenahand:

Opponent scores again, mild depression,

We score, glimmer of hope,

They score again and again and again and again... repeat cycle :dejection: :hair-fire:

Advertisement
It is funny reading this post...This morning i give a guy holding up a sign at the traffic two dollars.... I say to my self why did you give him that to get drunk with a further fund his failure. ..I answer myself you gave it in good faith....i then i ask myself...what do you think he is going to do with the money....i answer get drunk...but thats on him

It is hard to root against your team to win, however sometimes that is what is best for your team. My typical cycle goes like this:

Get to tailgate, have a few beers, build up hope, have a few more beers, think this is the game that the coaches change things up, :based-duke2:

Defense comes on the field, 3rd and long, first down, another 3rd and long, another first down, 8 plays the other team scores a TD, reality starts to kick in, :stephenahand:

They score again and again and again and again... repeat cycle :dejection: :hair-fire:

1396371023_1360272666.jpg

No matter how much I dislike Golden & the defensive scheme. The Cane in me will not let me root for them to lose.

With that being said, get em Canes.

No matter how much I dislike Golden & the defensive scheme. The Cane in me will not let me root for them to lose.

With that being said, get em Canes.

I find it funny that to be a Canes fan today, that you must qualify your fandom by first stating how much you hate the coaches. Nobody wants the Scarlet G painted on their chest.

Advertisement

This is spot on for me as well.

Is OP serious or does he really not understand the concept?

It's not about being mad at them genius...if they happen to go on a little run here and beat some of these mediocre teams and end up with 7-8 wins it probably wouldn't be enough to spur change. Not taking any chances...they need to be gone as soon as possible.

Let's go Duke.

Advertisement
I always root for us to win, (though lately, I don't hold out much hope, let alone expect to) but when it becomes apparent, over and over, that the coaches have **** the bed, I root for a lopsided defeat.

When we score my excitement quickly goes away because I know D'Nofrio's baby is going on the field in a couple of minutes.

At this point I am only happy if the team plays perfectly. I've refused to even celebrate the "big plays" on defense this year because they have all been offensive mistakes, i.e. overthrows that lead to an interception or big drops on third downs by the opposing offense.

I dont root for the canes to lose, I just want the coaches gone. And there is only one way thats going to happen. If Golden somehow finds a way to win 7-8 games this year then there is no doubt in my mind that he will be back next year along with every coordinator and position coach.

Last edited:
its not really rooting against the canes...it's knowing that it's better for them in the long run. its like a "lets get this over with" kind of feeling. still happy to see the offensive talent excel cause it means a new coach can come in and have awesome talent to work with. like yanking a tooth out...painful at first but just making way for some way better teeth to come a long lol. so yea, its not like i will be happy when they score, happy seeing us fail, wanting kaaya to get sacked, etc. i think that's where we're misunderstood...we're all canes fans here

Advertisement
Back