Question regarding Eddie Goldman.

We've been busted because PLAYERS received small benefits and got caught.

The SEC and others, use a time-proven method that cuts the players out of the loop, and goes directly to the family. Who IN TURN, can send their kid something.

Technically, that's not against the rules. A player is NOT responsible for any actions by other family members.

Our problem is DUMBASS boosters.

This is a good point, but won't work for us. Big state schools have alumni networks whose reach supports this set up within a set area / state. UM can't match that.

Advertisement
Of course not. I also do not believe that we only had Shapiro either.

LOL @ psj. I'm proud that my second favorite school steps up to the plate.
I'm not saying we only had Shapiro. I do think we get outbid regularly. Partly because UM doesn't have the alumni resources that some big state schools do, and partly because it's under an NCAA microscope because it's a small private school and it's past, and partly because south Florida is fertile grounds for other schools to troll bills in. It is what it is.

Saying that we get outbid is all the acknowledgment that I needed.

You're stuck on the moral principle of impurity. I'm focused on the economic principle of futility.

Start your own thread idiot.

Where's 82 to warn you for name calling?

Anyone comparing Shapiro to the shi* that goes on in SE$ land is a brain dead idiot. Shapiro is like that Danny Devito character in My Cousin Vinny when it comes to boosters. That Yahoo report had about 5985752598 alleged violations - Didnt somebody add up the total value of the alleged gifts to players to be something like $50,000 over 10 ***king years?? ***king chump change. Newton got FOUR times that at least and he's just one ***king player.

Benihana dinners, strip club covers, vodka bottles, that's nothing. SE$ boosters are laughing their asses off at that small time crap. SE$ boosters hand out houses, cars, and 5-6 figure cash payments. SE$ boosters run like a network of alums with full cooperation by their coaches and admin, our boosters are a bunch of ponzi scheming wannabe thug gangsters like Shapiro and Luther that are barely tolerated by our own. It's so sad you cant help but laugh.

There is a lot of truth here.

The SEC runs things like a well oiled machine that the old Southwest Conference couldn't. Those boys show boat their riches and brag in public about it like they were Ted Dibiase. The SEC runs their **** like Nick Bockwinkel, all professional, quiet, and to the point. They perfected their craft.

I'm not saying we only had Shapiro. I do think we get outbid regularly. Partly because UM doesn't have the alumni resources that some big state schools do, and partly because it's under an NCAA microscope because it's a small private school and it's past, and partly because south Florida is fertile grounds for other schools to troll bills in. It is what it is.

You're stuck on the moral principle of impurity. I'm focused on the economic principle of futility.

He's on my payroll. Call me Mini-Nev.

Okay, now that we all understand each other about payers getting paid, is there a reason for this thread? Are people actually feeling a little more confident about getting Goldman?

Advertisement

Reprooted.

Okay, now that we all understand each other about payers getting paid, is there a reason for this thread? Are people actually feeling a little more confident about getting Goldman?

If they are its only because of yesterday. There isnt really anything thats changed for us other than the confidence of the fan base.

You missed a payment.

Follow the rules.

Reprooted.

Thanks for the heads up...

Advertisement

You missed a payment.

Follow the rules.

I actually said that just to make a joke about hawaiicane's posts. I understand what you're saying, though.

This.

Ahem. Substance people. Are there any hard reasons why people keep thinking we're closing with Goldman?

Advertisement
Back