Question regarding Eddie Goldman.

Of course not. I also do not believe that we only had Shapiro either.

LOL @ psj. I'm proud that my second favorite school steps up to the plate.
I'm not saying we only had Shapiro. I do think we get outbid regularly. Partly because UM doesn't have the alumni resources that some big state schools do, and partly because it's under an NCAA microscope because it's a small private school and it's past, and partly because south Florida is fertile grounds for other schools to troll bills in. It is what it is.

Advertisement
If you call yourself a "Fan" and have the means and you DONT dole out what's needed, YOU should be the one banned.

Well....that's in the top 10 craziest things I've read on this board.

Then you don't know Boosters. IF I told you the guys who were getting paid back in the 80's/90's at schools that aren't even big names you'd think I was lying. It's actually funny

Advertisement

I'm not saying we only had Shapiro. I do think we get outbid regularly. Partly because UM doesn't have the alumni resources that some big state schools do, and partly because it's under an NCAA microscope because it's a small private school and it's past, and partly because south Florida is fertile grounds for other schools to troll bills in. It is what it is.

Saying that we get outbid is all the acknowledgment that I needed.

kids get paid all the time... its just that the SEC is out bidding everybody right now and it's not even close...

Anyone comparing Shapiro to the shi* that goes on in SE$ land is a brain dead idiot. Shapiro is like that Danny Devito character in My Cousin Vinny when it comes to boosters. That Yahoo report had about 5985752598 alleged violations - Didnt somebody add up the total value of the alleged gifts to players to be something like $50,000 over 10 ***king years?? ***king chump change. Newton got FOUR times that at least and he's just one ***king player.

Benihana dinners, strip club covers, vodka bottles, that's nothing. SE$ boosters are laughing their asses off at that small time crap. SE$ boosters hand out houses, cars, and 5-6 figure cash payments. SE$ boosters run like a network of alums with full cooperation by their coaches and admin, our boosters are a bunch of ponzi scheming wannabe thug gangsters like Shapiro and Luther that are barely tolerated by our own. It's so sad you cant help but laugh.

Advertisement
Yeah, I agree. Anyone who thinks that Shapiro's dumb *** buying drinks at the club and meals for players is even in the same stratosphere as money handshakes, dufflebags full of cash, and pay-for-play schemes that are rumored to go on at schools like Auburn or Clemson is just brain dead. Every big time athlete receives benefits. They get to go to clubs underage because everyone turns a blind eye. They get free drinks. They have all the girls bend over for them. This is just basic stuff that happens because they're put on a pedestal. That's hugely different from getting a backpack full of cash and a pat on a back for keeping quiet.

Anyone comparing Shapiro to the shi* that goes on in SE$ land is a brain dead idiot. Shapiro is like that Danny Devito character in My Cousin Vinny when it comes to boosters. That Yahoo report had about 5985752598 alleged violations - Didnt somebody add up the total value of the alleged gifts to players to be something like $50,000 over 10 ***king years?? ***king chump change. Newton got FOUR times that at least and he's just one ***king player.

Benihana dinners, strip club covers, vodka bottles, that's nothing. SE$ boosters are laughing their asses off at that small time crap. SE$ boosters hand out houses, cars, and 5-6 figure cash payments. SE$ boosters run like a network of alums with full cooperation by their coaches and admin, our boosters are a bunch of ponzi scheming wannabe thug gangsters like Shapiro and Luther that are barely tolerated by our own. It's so sad you cant help but laugh.

The interesting thing is that while you continue to call people ignorant and idiots, it seems like you are the one that's having a problem comprehending what's being said. And on another note,why do you continue to call people names in your posts? I mean, is it really necessary? How about just disagree with the post instead of continually saying isht like you must be an idiot or you must be ignorant. ****.

I stopped at Danny Devito in My Cousin Vinny

Alright, what are the real chances to pull Goldman?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, I agree. Anyone who thinks that Shapiro's dumb *** buying drinks at the club and meals for players is even in the same stratosphere as money handshakes, dufflebags full of cash, and pay-for-play schemes that are rumored to go on at schools like Auburn or Clemson is just brain dead. Every big time athlete receives benefits. They get to go to clubs underage because everyone turns a blind eye. They get free drinks. They have all the girls bend over for them. This is just basic stuff that happens because they're put on a pedestal. That's hugely different from getting a backpack full of cash and a pat on a back for keeping quiet.

This.

Shapiro was like a more insecure, less effective Tony Montana.

SEC boosters are like Wall Street hedge fund managers.

The interesting thing is that while you continue to call people ignorant and idiots, it seems like you are the one that's having a problem comprehending what's being said. And on another note,why do you continue to call people names in your posts? I mean, is it really necessary? How about just disagree with the post instead of continually saying isht like you must be an idiot or you must be ignorant. ****.

Thanks 75.

hawaii let this serve as your first and last warning. Address the post, and quit attacking posters.

Sorry for the harsh language and stupid analogies. But my point still stands and no one can refute it - anyone comparing Miami to the SE$ has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Advertisement
Sorry for the harsh language and stupid analogies. But my point still stands and no one can refute it - anyone comparing Miami to the SE$ has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Why do you continue to put the $ where the C should be in SEC? It should look like $EC instead of SE$! Not a big deal it just looks stupid especially when you are calling people ignorant!

We've been busted because PLAYERS received small benefits and got caught.

The SEC and others, use a time-proven method that cuts the players out of the loop, and goes directly to the family. Who IN TURN, can send their kid something.

Technically, that's not against the rules. A player is NOT responsible for any actions by other family members.

Our problem is DUMBASS boosters.

You're stuck on the moral principle of impurity. I'm focused on the economic principle of futility.

You're stuck on the moral principle of impurity. I'm focused on the economic principle of futility.

Start your own thread idiot.

Advertisement
Back