Question regarding Eddie Goldman.

There seems to be some ignorant posters, including the OP, on this thread so let me break it down for them:

Ricardo Louis
Amari Cooper
Deon Bush
Avery Johnson
Tracy Howard

All offered or got paid.

Ty Darlington
Brian Poole
Keith Brown
James Burgess
Sean Price
PJ Williams

All kids we wanted from Florida going elsewhere but legitimately, not because they got offered $$$

Actually, the original question was about Eddie Goldman. So if Goldman comes to Miami, he just did so because he really wanted to come to UM?

Yes. If he was smart, he would have already gotten at least a few thousand as "advance" payment from the SE$ schools, before he decided to come here.

Advertisement
There seems to be some ignorant posters, including the OP, on this thread so let me break it down for them:

Ricardo Louis
Amari Cooper
Deon Bush
Avery Johnson
Tracy Howard

All offered or got paid.

Ty Darlington
Brian Poole
Keith Brown
James Burgess
Sean Price
PJ Williams

All kids we wanted from Florida going elsewhere but legitimately, not because they got offered $$$

Actually, the original question was about Eddie Goldman. So if Goldman comes to Miami, he just did so because he really wanted to come to UM?

Yes. If he was smart, he would have already gotten at least a few thousand as "advance" payment from the SE$ schools, before he decided to come here.

Ok. Just wanted to know.

Kids get paid. Some kids rather stay home

Guarantee you Oregon offered Duke crazy money at The Opening training camp up there. Duke in their offense would win Heismans

Sure kids get paid,but your post said all that I needed to know. If they leave, it's likely they got paid. If they stay, they turned down the money. Got it.
I get your point, and yet, you're overstating it by half. Sometimes, kids really do stay home and turn down money.

I agree. Likewise, sometimes kids leave and don't get paid.

No doubt. But which kids? Surely you don't dispute that some kids leave AND get paid?

That is exactly what he seems to be saying. lol. He probably still thinks Cam Newton had no idea about the $$$ his family was getting paid. Or that Ricardo Louis committed to that very same school because of a "position" disagreement. LMAO.

I ignored your first post because it was stupid, but I will respond to this dumbass post. I'm on record as saying I believe that players get paid. I just find it funny that that's never the case when they come to UM. They always turn down the money to come to UM. SO my question is, IF GOldman comes, waht are people going to say? He sure as **** ain't local, and quite a few people are already on record that his services are for sale. SO again,if he comes, what will you say?
In fairness to UM, even shapiro's dumbass didn't claim to be handing recruits suitcases full of money. So it seems we're just **** outta luck when it coes to useful boosters.

Advertisement
Shapiro said himself he couldn't compete for our recruits with the SEC. This from a hundred millionaire.

His dad definitely seems like the type that's looking for a handout.

I guess my thing is, people were saying the Bush family was looking to get paid. In fact, if you believed message board posters, it was a done deal the minute they visited Auburn without the kid. Fast forward a bit later, and the kid commits to us. Where's the money talk now?

Word in Alabama is that since the 'Tide filled up their class, their biggest booster paid Bush's family NOT to go to Auburn.

I'm not saying it's true.... man this recruiting sh*t's a riot.

I guess my thing is, people were saying the Bush family was looking to get paid. In fact, if you believed message board posters, it was a done deal the minute they visited Auburn without the kid. Fast forward a bit later, and the kid commits to us. Where's the money talk now?

Word from paranoid *** Auburn fans is that since the 'Tide filled up their class, their biggest booster paid Bush's family NOT to go to Auburn.

FIFY

Guarantee you Oregon offered Duke crazy money at The Opening training camp up there. Duke in their offense would win Heismans

Sure kids get paid,but your post said all that I needed to know. If they leave, it's likely they got paid. If they stay, they turned down the money. Got it.
I get your point, and yet, you're overstating it by half. Sometimes, kids really do stay home and turn down money.

No doubt. But which kids? Surely you don't dispute that some kids leave AND get paid?

That is exactly what he seems to be saying. lol. He probably still thinks Cam Newton had no idea about the $$$ his family was getting paid. Or that Ricardo Louis committed to that very same school because of a "position" disagreement. LMAO.

I ignored your first post because it was stupid, but I will respond to this dumbass post. I'm on record as saying I believe that players get paid. I just find it funny that that's never the case when they come to UM. They always turn down the money to come to UM. SO my question is, IF GOldman comes, waht are people going to say? He sure as **** ain't local, and quite a few people are already on record that his services are for sale. SO again,if he comes, what will you say?
In fairness to UM, even shapiro's dumbass didn't claim to be handing recruits suitcases full of money. So it seems we're just **** outta luck when it coes to useful boosters.

Or our useful boosters didn't want to be associated with the fake *** wannabe that liked hanging at clubs with 19 year olds while taking pictures with a lollipop in his mouth.

Advertisement

Or our useful boosters didn't want to be associated with the fake *** wannabe that liked hanging at clubs with 19 year olds while taking pictures with a lollipop in his mouth.
you cannot seriously be trying to suggest that UM's booster community is economically or behaviorally comparabe to that of some of the big time state programs? You're too smart for this game.

Y'all boys got Auburn involved in this mess. You know 1775 gonna go after that *** now.

you cannot seriously be trying to suggest that UM's booster community is economically or behaviorally comparabe to that of some of the big time state programs? You're too smart for this game.

Of course not. I also do not believe that we only had Shapiro either.

LOL @ psj. I'm proud that my second favorite school steps up to the plate.

Last edited:
All and I mean all schools do it. Whether it is direct payouts or kids working for Boosters companies and getting kickbacks then. Or their parents getting jobs or what have you. Unless there is direct evidence or a squealer like shapiro the NCAA doesn't get involved. Those of you that think the U doesn't do it or that shapiro is a 1 time deal are clueless.

Advertisement
All and I mean all schools do it. Whether it is direct payouts or kids working for Boosters companies and getting kickbacks then. Or their parents getting jobs or what have you. Unless there is direct evidence or a squealer like shapiro the NCAA doesn't get involved. Those of you that think the U doesn't do it or that shapiro is a 1 time deal are clueless.

I dont think anyone is that naive, but I would really doubt that we are doing it this signing period.

Unless they go to Auburn, then they got paid.

Word from paranoid *** Auburn fans is that since the 'Tide filled up their class, their biggest booster paid Bush's family NOT to go to Auburn.

FIFY

Taking reverse recruiting to a new level.

Advertisement
I know some on here have stated that he's going to be paid for his services. What are you going to say if he commits to UM? Just curious.

I don't know if he's getting paid and I don't care, but 10 years from now if I'm able, I'll happily be the type of booster programs SHOULD count on. We've had a little loser booster who wants to hang out with the players in clubs and get attention in general. Other schools just have secure men who dole out what's needed so they get to enjoy drinking scotch during victories. And, nod their heads at their rivals.

If you call yourself a "Fan" and have the means and you DONT dole out what's needed, YOU should be the one banned.

Advertisement
Back