Question for the fire Manny crowd

I haven’t read all of this but here goes…
The answer is they don’t have one.
I am not a super Manny believer, but they don’t want a coach, they want National Championships and there are only a few guys that can do that.
- Saban
- Swinney
- Meyer
- Day (maybe)
- Riley (maybe)

going down the route of saying Fickle, Campbell etc. guys that have succeeded at smaller programs are the same guys, whereby they build smaller programs become a hot name then flame out after 5 years. The college football coaching graveyard is littered with these types.
Will they get Miami to 10 wins? Maybe once, but there is probably 8-4, 7-5’s along way. Just like Manny. There will be hope. Just like Manny. There will be frustration Just like Manny.
The reality is 98% of college coaches would do the same at Miami as what Manny is doing. They will get there in different ways, but the outcome will be the same.
Unless you get the very best. Which just doesn’t happen to anyone but those willing to spend.
Long winded, but the reality is, the next guy will probably be roughly same.

Advertisement
I am not a super Manny believer, but they don’t want a coach, they want National Championships and there are only a few guys that can do that.
- Saban
- Swinney
- Meyer
- Day (maybe)
- Riley (maybe)

going down the route of saying Fickle, Campbell etc. guys that have succeeded at smaller programs are the same guys, whereby they build smaller programs become a hot name then flame out after 5 years. The college football coaching graveyard is littered with these types.
Will they get Miami to 10 wins? Maybe once, but there is probably 8-4, 7-5’s along way. Just like Manny. There will be hope. Just like Manny. There will be frustration Just like Manny.
The reality is 98% of college coaches would do the same at Miami as what Manny is doing. They will get there in different ways, but the outcome will be the same.
Unless you get the very best. Which just doesn’t happen to anyone but those willing to spend.
That 98% of coaches line is such bull****. We have more talent than every team in the ACC save Clemson and I can think of at least 3-4 ACC head coaches alone that would do better at Miami than the monumental fraud that is Manny Diaz. You know, coaches that can actually prepare their teams to play competitively.

- Saban
- Swinney
- Meyer
- Day (maybe)
- Riley (maybe)

Exactly..I thought last Saturday would put some of this **** rest..all u had to do is see the Bama warm up line, look at their roster and what kind of recruits those guys were..and oh yea, the number of red polos on that Bama sideline..

Campbell isn't coming here, but I'd be down for him to get a phone call.

Fickell was an INTERIM guy, who came into a program in complete disarray. To use that ONE SEASON as some kind of predictor of anything is a joke. Everyone knew he was the substitute teacher, Meyer was going to be brought in to rebuild the program.

Program is a smoking hole afterwards=Kiffin

Kiffin is exactly what he is, mediocrity defined. Then again, our fanbase, who only loves those that win the press conference, would be suckers for a guy like Kiffin. Kiffin failed at USC, with significantly more resources at his disposal. Yes, SC was dealing with the NCAA at the time, but it wasn't like their talent was wiped out. They kept recruiting like gangbusters while the NCAA investigated. The problem was that Kiffin's teams always looked poorly prepared and undisciplined. They underachieved.

this. I don’t get the kiffin fluffing. He’s an OC - he’s not a HC. He’s fizzled out every stop.

it’s all a moot point. We’re not hiring anyone of note until we get a legitimate AD. The only way we can turn this around is if we hire a legit AD who accepts the job on the condition he runs **** and has agreement from the president before he starts to support the program.

Advertisement
We don't have to already have the replacement on hand to experience the joy of watching Manny circling the bowl and finally disappearing.

There is such a HUGE number of coaches that are better, and could actually improve this program.

For example, ANY existing coach in the ACC would be an improvement , including most of the coordinators.

Simply knowing that his replacement will actually have HC experience, be more bite than bark will be more than enough for me.

Let the marketers market..... and let real HC be HC's

Last edited:
Watched some Coastal Carolina vs Kansas...

CC is not a very athletic team, the O-Line is on the smaller side, but they have good feet and can move really well. Scheme overall involves a lot of movement, a lot of RPO, play action and quick throws. Fundamentally very sound at the LoS, thats what gets the job done against most teams. They like to penetrate the middle, dont overpursuit and have good technique.

CC looked like a well coached football team, a lot of well executed plays, assignments were checked... again, not very athletic but smart and tough.

I just want a coach that puts the focus on good, fundamentally sound football. Pair that with athleticism and you have a top 15 team easily.

- Saban
- Swinney
- Meyer
- Day (maybe)
- Riley (maybe)

Sounds like you just wanna keep Mannure Diazaster around. Sounds like a super believer to me

Advertisement
I’m knot quite ready to call for Manny to bee fired after the Alabama debacle - but I’m gittin warmed up.
its not just the Bama game; what about FIU, LaTech, UNC, Clem, GaTech...this loser mentality is tearing down the program. I wouldn't advise my son to commit to a Mannure Diaz team. Teams are undisciplined, underdeveloped, and unmotivated.

Hugh Freeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz
Your point is good; but Mannure is so bad that i will sacrifice a small setback to get a Lane Kifin or High Freeze (gutless SOBs) that can actually coach. Lane ain't leaving Ole Miss, Hugh is repairing his image but still got that gameday dogg in him. He developed Malik into a 1st rd prospect outta freakin Liberty, wow.

But that Mannure Diazaster ain't worth another game. I really won't be surprised if we lose to AppSt @ the crib. I wouldn't run my blood pressure up and i have no input in the fight when i know this guy isn't even a good coordinator or position coach. That gimmicky *** defense has lost what lil steam was remaining from his Texas/ MissSt days.

Lane Kiffen is 16-13 over his last three seasons at the P5 level and has been fired twice. He is currently 6-5 at his new gig.

Lane Kiffen is 16-13 over his last three seasons at the P5 level and is currently 6-5 at his new gig.
Yes records matter but point is focused on the bite in the dog, the prep, the fact that he can actually coach. And develop players.

I've been touting Bill Clark for years. The guy is a winner period and does more with less.
My only reservation about Clark is will be able to bring in a top staff? Meaning, does he bring a G5 staff, or does he have the connections to hire staff with top P5 assistants?

Advertisement
Yes records matter but point is focused on the bite in the dog, the prep, the fact that he can actually coach. And develop players.

There is zero indication he has or can do any of those things.

Him being a self promoting loud mouth is the only reason anyone could possibly want him because at the highest level of coaching he’s an undeniable failure.

If Manny shows a pulse and we manage to go 8-4 this season, Blake will give him an extension on the theory that recruiting will suffer if we don't.

Then, when he fails further, the argument will be we can't afford to fire him, because buy-out/extension.

Lane Kiffen is 16-13 over his last three seasons at the P5 level and has been fired twice. He is currently 6-5 at his new gig.
Why 3 seasons? Why use 2 of the 3 at FAU but leave out an 11 win season? I get cherry picking but don’t be dishonest about it. Would 27-16 really ruin your argument? I don’t think so. He doesn’t have a great record as a HC.

Point blank, would you take him here if possible? Yes.

Advertisement
There is zero indication he has or can do any of those things.

Him being a self promoting loud mouth is the only reason anyone could possibly want him because at the highest level of coaching he’s an undeniable failure.
He's gutless and can actually coach and recruit...wins will come with Miami's talent

Why 3 seasons? Why use 2 of the 3 at FAU but leave out an 11 win season? I get cherry picking but don’t be dishonest about it. Would 27-16 really ruin your argument? I don’t think so. He doesn’t have a great record as a HC.

Point blank, would you take him here if possible? Yes.

The reason I use three seasons is because all that matters is how he performed at this level not FAU.

Not in a million years would I want that clown here.

We just have to pay him more than what Iowa State is paying him.
lol wut? you think everyone with the money and a coaching vacancy hasn't tried that already? campbell has been a hot commodity for 4 seasons running and signed an extension in february to keep him there through 2028. it's been well-reported that he and his family love ames. he's spent his entire life between ohio and iowa, with a year at pitt (and he transferred out to get back to ohio). he's a great coach but south florida isn't a fit for everyone, especially a guy that's spent his entire 40 years in the midwest. the buyout with 5-6 years left on his end at isu is probably insane, plus the money we'd have to pay to convince him to leave a no-pressure job for a notoriously impatient fan base in what might as well be another country is beyond a pipe dream.

"jUsT PaY hIm MorE!!11" -our clueless fans

He's gutless and can actually coach and recruit...wins will come with Miami's talent

You keep saying that even though there is zero indication it’s true. You repeating it over and over doesn’t make it a fact.

He got fired in Oakland, bailed on Tennessee, fired at USC, was basically out at Alabama it is a .500 coach at his current job.

Advertisement
Back