Question for the fire Manny crowd

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
Leaving aside the fact that barring a monumental collapse it's not going to happen, and not saying it's the right or wrong thing, who would you want to replace him? Serious question.

Lashlee? Is he ready? Is he even head coach material?

Someone like Robinson because you like his energy in video clips?

Simpson because he's a gray beard who's paid his dues?

Another up and comer at a smaller school, like Al Golden?

Saban ain't walking through that door. Meyer ain't walking through that door. Venables ain't walking through that door.

So who?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Leaving aside the fact that barring a monumental collapse it's not going to happen, and not saying it's the right or wrong thing, who would you want to replace him? Serious question.

Lashlee? Is he ready? Is he even head coach material?

Someone like Robinson because you like his energy in video clips?

Simpson because he's a gray beard who's paid his dues?

Another up and comer at a smaller school, like Al Golden?

Saban ain't walking through that door. Meyer ain't walking through that door. Venables ain't walking through that door.

So who?
You do a wide ranging search interview every single coach in college and the NFL. Set out your criteria and pick the best choice. We have coaches with national titles coaching a teams like Kansas. Good coaches will come here, its Miami admin job to find a proper coach. Im not keeping a hoeing *** chick because i cant get Beyoncé. Stop this dumb *** question.

Given the names the OP listed I am assuming they work for our AD as they are the same types of hires this lame duck school has made the last 20 years that have led to where we are.

Lashlee? No.

Simpson? No.

Robinson? No.

Venables? No.

How about someone that has HC experience and won't be learning on the job. Someone that has actually won 10 games in 1 season and actually has a bowl win. Someone that hasn't had their team lose to inferior competition, but puts up a fight whenever they are outmanned.

Fickell fits that bill for the most part. His stint at * should give someone some hesitation, but he should be a candidate.

Anyone who has zero HC experience should not be considered. Anyone like Golden who actually had a shoddy record at their lower level school shouldn't be considered.

Advertisement
You do a wide ranging search interview every single coach in college and the NFL. Set out your criteria and pick the best choice. We have coaches with national titles coaching a teams like Kansas. Good coaches will come here, its Miami admin job to find a proper coach. Im not keeping a hoeing *** chick because i cant get Beyoncé. Stop this dumb *** question.
How is it a dumb question to ask a large segment of the fan base who wants a new coach just who they would have in mind to be that person?

Given the names the OP listed I am assuming they work for our AD as they are the same types of hires this lame duck school has made the last 20 years that have led to where we are.

Lashlee? No.

Simpson? No.

Robinson? No.

Venables? No.

How about someone that has HC experience and won't be learning on the job. Someone that has actually won 10 games in 1 season and actually has a bowl win. Someone that hasn't had their team lose to inferior competition, but puts up a fight whenever they are outmanned.

Fickell fits that bill for the most part. His stint at * should give someone some hesitation, but he should be a candidate.

Anyone who has zero HC experience should not be considered. Anyone like Golden who actually had a shoddy record at their lower level school shouldn't be considered.
Yes I work for the AD you got me

Matt Campbell. What he has done over the last few years at one of the most abysmal P5 programs in the country has been insane. He owned Tom Herman the entire time he was at Texas, beat Oklahoma twice (once in Norman), and embarrassed Mario and his team of 4/5*s in last year's bowl game. His players always show up in big games, no matter who they play. He is doing this with mostly 2/3* players. Absolutely would kill it here imo. Only concern is, I've heard he is a bit of a tight ***.

Advertisement
Back