Question for the fire Manny crowd

You do a wide ranging search interview every single coach in college and the NFL. Set out your criteria and pick the best choice. We have coaches with national titles coaching a teams like Kansas. Good coaches will come here, its Miami admin job to find a proper coach. Im not keeping a hoeing *** chick because i cant get Beyoncé. Stop this dumb *** question.
They AINT coming. Nobody wants to deal with ncaa and their anti Miami pro cheater bias.

Advertisement
Hugh Freeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz
Recycling coaches every 3 years isn't going to work. We are going to have to get this one out the mud.

I'm confused as to why the "fire Manny" crowd is so confident that UM will make the right hire when the evidence shows that they will not make the right hire.
Your point is good; but Mannure is so bad that i will sacrifice a small setback to get a Lane Kifin or High Freeze (gutless SOBs) that can actually coach. Lane ain't leaving Ole Miss, Hugh is repairing his image but still got that gameday dogg in him. He developed Malik into a 1st rd prospect outta freakin Liberty, wow.

But that Mannure Diazaster ain't worth another game. I really won't be surprised if we lose to AppSt @ the crib. I wouldn't run my blood pressure up and i have no input in the fight when i know this guy isn't even a good coordinator or position coach. That gimmicky *** defense has lost what lil steam was remaining from his Texas/ MissSt days.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whoever can beat Saban on the trail in sfla is the guy I want. He has to stop Clemson OSU and bama from cherry picking. When that happens u will begin to see those teams slowly decline.

Bill Clark
Willie Fritz
Chris Petersen(See if he is truly retired, make him an offer he can't refuse, find a way to get Lemonis or someone like that to pony up. See if the big donors are truly serious. I'm quite sure the guy that would pay for Mario would pay for a significantly better coach, if said person exists.)

If you have to go for an assistant, go for a high end coordinator like Venables and see if he is willing to take that leap(If you pay him what Manny is getting, that's a significant raise) I'd even be cool with a guy like Kellen Moore, a young OC in the NFL that people are utterly enamored with.

Those names are all significantly more qualified than Manny for the job and in most cases would be fine with similar pay. The only reason Miami didn't make a decent hire is because Blake James is an incompetent AD that probably belongs as an intern in the ticket office. No quality AD hires Manny Diaz without making phone calls, especially after the previous guy retired, saving you millions in regards to a buyout.

Whoever can beat Saban on the trail in sfla is the guy I want. He has to stop Clemson OSU and bama from cherry picking. When that happens u will begin to see those teams slowly decline.
That guy doesn't exist. Unless Miami finds a way to start recruiting like Saban(Which is a surefire way to ensure that the program is destroyed, no way can you get away with what Bama does in a major city), then you need to find a coach that can identify talent, DEVELOP TALENT and get the most out of said talent. That's why guys like Clark, Fritz and Petersen are so incredibly attractive. Their teams play hard, they don't make stupid mistakes and preparation is second to none. You get those things, with a decent recruiting staff, you'll win games here at Miami.

Our fanbase keeps wanting big names for the sake of it, when in reality, all you need is a high level organizational leader. Someone that can set a high standard and has the courage and sense to back it up.

Matt Campbell. What he has done over the last few years at one of the most abysmal P5 programs in the country has been insane. He owned Tom Herman the entire time he was at Texas, beat Oklahoma twice (once in Norman), and embarrassed Mario and his team of 4/5*s in last year's bowl game. His players always show up in big games, no matter who they play. He is doing this with mostly 2/3* players. Absolutely would kill it here imo. Only concern is, I've heard he is a bit of a tight ***.
Campbell isn't coming here, but I'd be down for him to get a phone call.
Thank you that's an actual answer. I'm not sold on Fickell on the bigger stage. He looked like a deer in headlights at OSU. But he's certainly building a resume.
Fickell was an INTERIM guy, who came into a program in complete disarray. To use that ONE SEASON as some kind of predictor of anything is a joke. Everyone knew he was the substitute teacher, Meyer was going to be brought in to rebuild the program.
Quickest turnaround- Lane Kiffin
Might take a couple years but good long term- Luke Fickell
Program is a smoking hole afterwards=Kiffin

Kiffin is exactly what he is, mediocrity defined. Then again, our fanbase, who only loves those that win the press conference, would be suckers for a guy like Kiffin. Kiffin failed at USC, with significantly more resources at his disposal. Yes, SC was dealing with the NCAA at the time, but it wasn't like their talent was wiped out. They kept recruiting like gangbusters while the NCAA investigated. The problem was that Kiffin's teams always looked poorly prepared and undisciplined. They underachieved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Almost any hire is predicated is a willingness to spend $EC money.

Napier, as someone mentioned, is likely $EC-bound. Pick a team, but if he is in demand he’ll command $5M+. Wouldn’t shock me if he was the next LSU coach in 2022 or 2023 at that price range. He does have an $EC background, as WR coach at Bama 2013-2016.

I like Bill Clark, UAB. Has done an excellent job at UAB after the program was reinstated, never had a losing season. His only season at Jacksonville State, he went 11-4 and ranked 10th in the FCS. Two of the four losses were to the 2nd and 3rd ranked FCS teams, another by 1-point in OT. FWIW, 106-11 in high school.
I've been touting Bill Clark for years. The guy is a winner period and does more with less.

Advertisement
What makes anyone think and administration and BOT that has screwed up 5 consecutive hires will get the sixth right?

Manny has a ton of red flags and flaws but that what you get with a first time coach. As @Cribby has said, I’m hoping Manny gets it right because on paper he is the right man for the job. He gets it. He just might not be a good enough coach.

If we were going to give it to a coach at a lower level which I assume is what we’d have to do then I’d like to see what Chadwell at coastal could do. He’s the only guy I’ve seen listed that actual is unique, he’s innovative, a southern dude like dabbo and definitely a little sketchy. Dude was cheating at Charleston, that’s a good sign if we’re trying to be back.

1. NEVER HIRE A COACH FROM A FAILED REGIME.

2. I like the coach from Coastal Carolina a lot.
Dabo came from a “failed regime”..lane kiffin failed miserably at 2 stops..when I get some time ima start a “where are they now” thread about the hot new coaches our fanbase thought were the next genius coach

Advertisement
Back