Quarterman

Our scheme doesn’t help either. We do not care about gap integrity in this scheme.

Shaq and pink could be very good players if they got proper coaching and ran a normal scheme.

What top 25 team has their LBS just flying up through random gaps?

Our defensive philosophy is very unsound.
Bro
I don’t know about that
This is not the same defense as last season

Advertisement
Our scheme doesn’t help either. We do not care about gap integrity in this scheme.

Shaq and pink could be very good players if they got proper coaching and ran a normal scheme.

What top 25 team has their LBS just flying up through random gaps?

Our defensive philosophy is very unsound.
..Ain’t this the type of D y’all wanted..aggressiveness, gap shooting, feast or famine Dade county type **** y’all was all clamoring for??..remember when we tried to play assignment gap integrity football and we hated it?

Bro
I don’t know about that
This is not the same defense as last season
It is..minus mike Jackson..joe Jackson..Jaquan Johnson..sheldrick redwine..Gerald Willis..that’s what’s missing.

Those 2 cats in the backend covered up a lot of plays last year..I tried to tell y’all this a year ago when ppl was clamoring about Jaquan not being amounf the great Miami safeties..I think the talent is there. But the experience is lacking. The communication has to get better

I think now is the time to resurrect my poll on who the canes fans would turn on first. Seems like it’s all of the above. Unfortunately, the mods locked it or we could bump and discuss. I guess mods are afraid of the truth, too.

Advertisement
He’s not good and not an NFL player. I said it last year. Great kid but I think people are scared to admit it. He gets lost in the wash.
I’m not ready say this
I Need to see Shaq in another system first

Lu talked about how he expected more out of Shaq and pink. My counter was that they are what they are - their ceiling has been reached. Great students of the game and good instincts but sometimes their instincts fail them (shoot wrong gaps, etc). And, you can’t fix slow footed in coverage.

I’m not ready say this
I Need to see Shaq in another system first
In a 3-4? He’d be better there but I’ve even noticed 3-4 teams are starting linebackers that weigh 230 lbs instead of the traditional thumper like Shaq. I just think he’s solid and not an all-ACC guy. I’d draft him 6th round.

Advertisement
Also not to mention Shaq had an embarrassing game against UVA last year. Poor angle after poor angle. He was atrocious.

Where do you guys think he gets drafted?

He was ranked in ESPNs top 50 players nationally regardless of class.

That would put him about 2nd round correct?

Advertisement
We need linebackers you wouldn’t dare try to get the edge on again. Brooks is supremely athletic. Tested better than Flowe. Can’t wait to see him

Im glad his old man left the site cause I’m not sure he’d want to hear a lot of what’s being said,albeit mostly true,about his kid.

Could get real uncomfortable.Thats why I hate having anyone’s family on the site.Things are said right or wrong and the family is left to defend them.

Advertisement
I got bashed for saying he wasn't ACC POY caliber just a few short weeks ago. I think I will stick by what I said. Great guy, great team player, but not POY type at all. He's more of a third team ACC player that gets that nod because he's nice.

Advertisement
Back