Quarterman

Advertisement
Bad angles and slow sideline to sideline speed are some of Shaq's problems. He's also pretty meh in coverage.
Then, when I saw the NC true freshman QB drag Shaq 3 yards for a first down near the goal line I had to question his strength and desire.
I just don't see a difference maker, a guy who racks up 10+ solo tackles every game and delivers bone shattering hits while beating RB's to the edge. That is a Miami LBer.

Denzel Perriman was the last guy who had some of that ability for us.

Advertisement
Only seen it mentioned 500x on here. Glad you felt this needed it's own thread bashing a fine young man just to clarify. Message received. He's not elite. Glad we got that squared away. Those of us who know football & watched him for 4 seasons couldn't have figured that out without this.

OP you the real MVPoRster

What upside? McCloud is not a good fb player and he doesn’t need to redshirt it’s time for him to move on.
You don’t think he would be better in the middle where he doesn’t need to cover as much and he can have less responsibilities and use his natural talents

Shaq is a good football player... I don’t think this scheme plays to his strengths but hes solid and plays smart doesn’t make a lot of mistakes but it doesn’t translate to a lot of impact plays... he will be missed next season.

Advertisement
You don’t think he would be better in the middle where he doesn’t need to cover as much and he can have less responsibilities and use his natural talents

The MLB in this 4-2-5 isn’t traditional it’s a lot of responsibility that McCloud doesn’t have the talent level upstairs to keep up with. Also if we aren’t impressed with Shaqs lack of impact in games it’s going to be much worse seeing McCloud trying to play the same position.

Patrick Joyner is who I believe got that NEXT up potential.. he is a gamer, that makes plays and hits like a truck. I rather see him at the MLB position next season.

Shaq is a good football player... I don’t think this scheme plays to his strengths but hes solid and plays smart doesn’t make a lot of mistakes but it doesn’t translate to a lot of impact plays... he will be missed next season.
I agree to everything except being missed i think if Mcloud moved to Middle or Pat Joyner could be special

Are we finally going to talk about his lack of athleticism or are we still in love with his interviews?

His lack of speed/coverage is a problem. Always out of position.

I also think his physicality is overrated. 3 years as a starter - name one big hit. Name one time he’s tee-d off on someone to the point where you thought “****, that’s a Miami LB.”

Seems like he’s a high character guy. That’s awesome (I mean that sincerely). But as a Miami LB, he’s not close to our standard.

I think Shaq’s lack of anticipation and seeing plays completely have been his detriment.

When he was allowed to just play, he really did look like the 2nd coming. The trio were good when they were free to play. Every year they’ve all regressed, as they were required to take on more responsibility, and when Diaz went to that Striker concept, McCloud was toast.

Shaq doesn’t have the athleticism to misdiagnose a play and recover. When he zeros in and makes the right read, he’s good. Problem is, I see him literally thinking and when he does that, it’s already over for him.

The MLB in this 4-2-5 isn’t traditional it’s a lot of responsibility that McCloud doesn’t have the talent level upstairs to keep up with. Also if we aren’t impressed with Shaqs lack of impact in games it’s going to be much worse seeing McCloud trying to play the same position.

Patrick Joyner is who I believe got that NEXT up potential.. he is a gamer, that makes plays and hits like a truck. I rather see him at the MLB position next season.
I see what your saying! I would like to see Pat Joyner as well.

Advertisement
Absolutely....Not hating on Shaq...Quality kid...But Cot ****....You've been here long enough to where Bad Angles and Terrible Gap integrity shouldn't be this much of an issue...Jesus.....Patke has No business being retained along with his runnin partner Searles...And Stubblefield can call the Blue Angels and have them give him a lift to the nearest Air Force base.
Patek isnt his coach and in fact he teaches one of our best players on the team romeo finley's. Shaq is coached by manny and Baker

Miami use to be nothing but savages. Recruiting use to have me waiting for the next superstar to get some burn. A 200 lb Ray Lewis replacing Robert Bass for example. That type of depth is no longer at Miami. A few positions have solid depth but miamis depth in its great years were loaded at all positions except Oline. Coaching and development? just look at the NFL drafts in comparison to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or day 1 pics
Miami was never about recruiting savages (meaning 5*s). Ray Lewis was a late addition and at the time undersized. There are countless other that have switched positions. It didn't become waiting for the next superstar until Coker started recruiting off lists.

Advertisement
It is what it is. He’s all we got at the moment. No one else to challenge the position

The sad truth is that he and Pinckney just aren’t that good. Quartermans lack of ability to change direction and run sideline to sideline costs us BIGTIME against UNC and will continue to be exploited. I’d like to see brooks and huff get some burn if I’m honest. Yeah they lack expierence but athletically are far superior to 55,56.

Advertisement
Back