Quarterman

Are we finally going to talk about his lack of athleticism or are we still in love with his interviews?

His lack of speed/coverage is a problem. Always out of position.

I also think his physicality is overrated. 3 years as a starter - name one big hit. Name one time he’s tee-d off on someone to the point where you thought “****, that’s a Miami LB.”

Seems like he’s a high character guy. That’s awesome (I mean that sincerely). But as a Miami LB, he’s not close to our standard.
**** athleticism all we need is effort plays....I think it was in the 4th quarter it was a 3rd down play where UNC qb threw a bad pass to the te where Shaq was in coverage the te made an great shoelace type catch and shaq who was in position to make the play on the ball. All he had to do was dive to deflect the pass and that drive was over. Effort was all our senior lb needed on this particular play and he choose to not do any ******* thing other than hoping the pass was incomplete...**** this soft *** team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yet we still have had more than enough talent to win the Coastal just about every year since we've been in the ACC. The problems in the program run deep and start at the top.
The Lie
and the disease...

Too slow and doesn’t have the athleticism for today’s game. Somewhere in the Big 10 he would thrive where there are less spread teams and the players are not as fast. He will perform better at the next level where the team would take advantage of his strengths and mask his weakness with substitutions or allow him to blitz on passing downs and not coming ver

I can’t see Shaq as an NFL player. Stranger things have happened, and I could be wrong, but I’d be shocked if he gets a chance to play at that level.

Advertisement
It’s funny how I posted this in my LBs three before the Florida game and everyone disagreed. I truly believe Zac will be better in the middle than Shaq. If he nots blitzing he don’t make plays

Advertisement
Love Shaq but
giphy-22.gif

Advertisement
I remember the guy from Caneville, who’s always at Miami practice and have great insight to Miami Hurricanes, saying that Patrick Joyner is way better MLB than Quarterman. He has more athleticism, can cover, and faster. Too bad he got injured to really see

Advertisement
What skill set does he posess that makes him a standout LB? I'm not dismissing your point of view, but I'd like to hear an argument.
What skill set does he posses???i would say his instincts. He makes more plays in space then our fans give him credit for. But yes playing a Airraid offense doesn’t fit what he is best at..but You calling dude average lol..His body of work here has been nothing average .. NOBODY ELSE BELIEVES THAT IN CFB Aside from our base this Sunday..nobody..Our fan base did the same **** if DP(2014 vs FSU) had game that he didn’t standout in..the exact same thing..same with Spence here..ppl was talking about Jaquan early on last year too. Now some of our “elite CIS talent evaluators” think mccloud would be better off starting in the middle ..your entitled to your opinion. There’s probably gonna be a thread about Bandy being overrated popping up soon too..it’s overreaction Sunday

Our scheme doesn’t help either. We do not care about gap integrity in this scheme.

Shaq and pink could be very good players if they got proper coaching and ran a normal scheme.

What top 25 team has their LBS just flying up through random gaps?

Our defensive philosophy is very unsound.

Advertisement
Back