Quarantine Series: The Player YOU Missed On

I thought Mallory had higher ceiling than Jordan because of size/athletic traits and would be ahead of where he is right now.

Agreed that I thought he’d be ahead of where he is now. This is a big year for him, he should thrive in this offense much like everybody else, can’t have the key drops he’s had. He was really good when Brevin was out

Advertisement
Agreed that I thought he’d be ahead of where he is now. This is a big year for him, he should thrive in this offense much like everybody else, can’t have the key drops he’s had. He was really good when Brevin was out
Yep. Toughness is always a question and a projection. It matters a lot at TE.

He’s only got 2 years under his belt..another kid who would’ve benefited from a RS

Magic Benton. He didn’t get admitted to FSU, did a year at prep school then flipped to Miami. He had one really solid year in like 95-96 and then disappeared

Advertisement
Off the top of my head...

Beau Sandland
Michael Wyche
Jon Garvin
Jelani Hamilton
Aldarius Johnson
Lo Lingard

And I'm sure there has been and will be many more lol

Advertisement
Also, I remember watching Derrick Henry's HS tape and thinking he looks like a RB version of Cam Newton.. "no wayy he lasts" I thought.. Hes just about unstoppable right now!

Advertisement
Great thread.

1. Mark Caesar
2. Jammi German
3. Orien Harris
4. Lance Leggett
5. Asante Cleveland

That's a fact.

To be as ranked as high as he was & only have one halfway decent season his Sophomore year, he was a huge bust.

I'm not saying I forsaw this, but I didn't think Tracy Howard was anywhere near Patrick Peterson, who was also a 5 star.

In my head, I was like, "OK, Tracy Howard has to be the smartest player on the field then.."

Didn't shake out that way. But I'll still buy his #IWT branded clothes. He's building a fashion line fr fr.

I remember people defending Howard a lot. “Oh they never let him play man to man” they did. And he got beat a lot. Had a short go in the league as a safety so that’s still better than most.

Advertisement
That's a fact.

To be as ranked as high as he was & only have one halfway decent season his Sophomore year, he was a huge bust.
He was clearly over-rated, is the thing. He was nowhere near as athletic as a top cb needs to be. He had good technique and decent athletocism and so looked good on the camp circuit, but it was a mis-leading perspective.

He was clearly over-rated, is the thing. He was nowhere near as athletic as a top cb needs to be. He had good technique and decent athletocism and so looked good on the camp circuit, but it was a mis-leading perspective.
**** defensive system didn’t help either.

Advertisement
Back