Quarantine Series: The Player YOU Missed On

Advertisement
Remember that video that was surfacing where he had the Bain mask on & everything, lifting weights and we were going crazy?? Dang the memories. Lol
I had hopes for him. The next ****** OL to go to the next level like Mitchell Schwartz, Gabe Carimi and Ali Marpet, who I recall you were high on.

yeah.... nope.

Advertisement
Kaaya is Miami’s all-time leading passer.

His NFL potential may have been more limited than we thought, but he was excellent for Miami. It’s a shame he didn’t come back for his senior year.

@DMoney how does that happen? How do you not have feelers out there saying you won’t get drafted?

I disagree with saying his senior season was just serviceable. He was the leading receiver on Miamis 1st 10 win season in forever. Kid was Mr. Reliable on returns- no worries about fumbles and he was fearless going across the middle. He took HUGE shots but kept plugging along. He validated the expectations his senior season. He wouldn't have been drafted if his senior season was merely serviceable.
We have multiple people here listing Ryan Moore as a bust and he led the team in receiving two seasons.

Advertisement
That's a fact.

To be as ranked as high as he was & only have one halfway decent season his Sophomore year, he was a huge bust.

Every year, I kept telling myself that it was going to be Howard's breakout year. I know others probably saw some of his flaws (including you), but you generally don't get to Top 25 national recruit and #1 DB without some real skill. At the very least, he should have been good, but he was average at best.

Ole school- Martin Patton and Magic Benton

New school - Marcus Forston

Im sure every school has lists like this but this thread is depressing. Lol. We shouldn’t have this many busts over the last 15 years. Unreal.

Martin Patton has speeeeeed! What happened to him

We have multiple people here listing Ryan Moore as a bust and he led the team in receiving two seasons.

If you grade a player's college career on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being Sean Taylor and 1 being Bar Milo, and I cant agree with saying a 3 star player was a "miss" if he had an average career (5 on the scale). Braxton Berrios was a composite 3 star (3* on 247, low 4* on Rivals). On the other hand, a 5 star with a 5 career, yes. 5 star players are supposed to be program changing/cant miss elite prospects. Moore was a 5 star WR, so I can buy that the argument his career could be considered a miss by some.

Just off the top of my head.

Darrian Hall: Naples dunning back. His JR film was nasty! I think he quit by sophomore year.

Jamal Reid: this name should ring a bell for most. Kid was a stud DB. Every scrimmage and practice he lit up the offense. I don’t think he ever played a game. Might of been here 2 years.

Aldarius “glue hands”: Most guys thought he would be our next thing to AJ80. After freshman year she never got better and was always hurt.

Stacey Coley: see above.

Kirby: LB from Stone Mountain GA. He was supposedly one of the best OLBs in the county. He started games here but was never anything spectacular under Donofrio’s bull **** system.

Probably a dozen more guys

Advertisement
Depressing how many guys we have had not develop for whatever reason. I know every program has theirs, but our ratio of busts over the last 10-15 years is incredible.

All of that said, whatever year we signed both Moore and Aikeem Jolla... I thought we were going to have two absolute freaks on the outside.

I’ll also toss Jason Geathers on that list. I thought he was going to be an X factor.

That 2018 class is starting to not look good

We had 15 players who were either 4 or 5 stars according to the 247 composite.

Lingard- Transferred and didn’t contribute at all

Brevin- All American caliber player- potential first round pick it he stays healthy

Nesta- Has yet time do much other than block people on twitter

Pope- apparently a little over hyped,
should(?) prosper in this offense, haven’t seen much the first two years

Jarren- Wabtes to transfer after True Freshman year, was convinced to stay, started, looked promising then fell apart for whatever reason

Blades Jr.- Our #1 corner- think he looks like he could break out this year

Scaife- will be his third year starting- definitely up to the 4* ranking

Hightower- didn’t do ****, transfer

Harris- starting RB, looks the part

Gurvan Hall- Starter this year?-TBD

Frierson- Same as Hall

Mallory- Looked good when Brevin was out, could shine with an opportunity. Definitely in this offense

Cleveland Reed- Richt thought he would be really good, couldn’t touch the field, tried to transfer, is back now

Ezzard- did he even have a catch here? Transfer to GT

Ivey- definitely had his ups and downs last year... will start alongside blades in a thin CB room, need him to shine this year

Accurate? Class doesn’t have stars but I wouldn’t say it looks awful, this year will determine how we will think of them as a whole IMO

We had 15 players who were either 4 or 5 stars according to the 247 composite.

Lingard- Transferred and didn’t contribute at all

Brevin- All American caliber player- potential first round pick it he stays healthy

Nesta- Has yet time do much other than block people on twitter

Pope- apparently a little over hyped,
should(?) prosper in this offense, haven’t seen much the first two years

Jarren- Wabtes to transfer after True Freshman year, was convinced to stay, started, looked promising then fell apart for whatever reason

Blades Jr.- Our #1 corner- think he looks like he could break out this year

Scaife- will be his third year starting- definitely up to the 4* ranking

Hightower- didn’t do ****, transfer

Harris- starting RB, looks the part

Gurvan Hall- Starter this year?-TBD

Frierson- Same as Hall

Mallory- Looked good when Brevin was out, could shine with an opportunity. Definitely in this offense

Cleveland Reed- Richt thought he would be really good, couldn’t touch the field, tried to transfer, is back now

Ezzard- did he even have a catch here? Transfer to GT

Ivey- definitely had his ups and downs last year... will start alongside blades in a thin CB room, need him to shine this year

Accurate? Class doesn’t have stars but I wouldn’t say it looks awful, this year will determine how we will think of them as a whole IMO

Actually I take it back, this class is 13-13 in two years as a top 10 class in the country. It’s not all on them but that’s ******* brutal

Advertisement
Josh Witt (I bought the kool aid from another board at the time)

Ricardo Williams out of Homestead. Thought he was a better athlete than he really was.

Lance Legget - kid probably didn’t love football.

Josh Witt doesn’t count. Had a career ending injury before he stepped on campus.

Jammi German - was so pumped when we got him, and like Jeff Thomas, German had a signature play in the HS All Star game which had me even more pumped. He had a decent career but I thought he was going to be the next stud WR.

Advertisement
Back