QB With Best Arm In UM History.....

I was a fan of Covington. I was in the end zone at Doak when he got thrown into the goal post. Between that beating and UCLA he earned his Cane card.

I may be crazy/mistaken, but didn't Costa have rep for having a big arm?

Go Canes!

This says something not too great but Covington is as good or better than any QB we've had since Dorsey. The only debate would be him vs Berlin.

Advertisement
And when he DID throw a perfect pass, it was dropped. I swear, the WRs back then were simply horrid. ****, even Olsen had the dropsies. Was it the FSU game in 2005 where he was sacked 11 times, and had like 10 passes dropped, and we still almost won? Dude had a good arm, but between him being afraid of being sacked, a bad O line making his nightmares come true, and the crappy WR play, it's a miracle his completion percentage was as high as it was.
Yup....Though Lance Leggett caught a Long TD frim him....Sad thing is....Kyle was a Good kid....Always nice and respectful.

This says something not too great but Covington is as good or better than any QB we've had since Dorsey. The only debate would be him vs Berlin.
I don't recall Covington being as downright bad as Berlin was in stretches.

I don't recall Covington being as downright bad as Berlin was in stretches.
Thats because Clappy's Brain dead *** wouldn't leave him in the SG....If the 2nd half of the UM UF game in 03 didn't Show Clappy all he needed to know....don't know what to say.

Thats because Clappy's Brain dead *** wouldn't leave him in the SG....If the 2nd half of the UM UF game in 03 didn't Show Clappy all he needed to know....don't know what to say.
Coker certainly tried pounding that square peg into a round hole far too long. Man, that was frustrating.

Advertisement
Go watch Testeverdes Arm against at OU in 85..& 86.....Better yet.....Watch the TD Throw he hit Irvin with....after scrambling like 40yds with Boz and others on his *** in 86......THAT PLAY Won him the Heisman

Again....alot of Old Timers (Guys on Grassy back in the Day) who saw Mira Sr play in the 60s Swear the Guy could sling it through a Wall...

Advertisement
Barry Switzer (Till this very day) Said on numerous occasions, that Testeverde was the Best College QB he ever saw....and he had some Bad Boys himself (Holloway & Thompson)

I just watched the highlights of that game on YouTube recently. Brock did a wonderful job of climbing the pocket. Always had his eyes down field. It was fun to watch. Kevin Beard had himself a day, as well.

Advertisement
Costa???....Maannnnn Stop...TERRIBLE arm....if he had ANY arm...we wouldn't have lost to Neb in 95.....He missed two EASY TDs in that game....Jonathon Harris is STILL wide open streaking down the field....What did Costa do??...Underthrow him by 15yds...same as the 2nd...Neb CBs were NO match for the Speed of UMs recievers....ANY....and I'm talking Jacory...Wright...Brock...Morris etc...Hits JH in stride.....The only good thing about Costa's arm, was when he jumped in the stands at Temple...and threw a right cross at a dude who was harassing family members...(he was from Philly)

Taj Johnson, not Harris

Knew that...but transferred to UCLA...can't blame him...Terry Donahues Off for QBs...vs Switzers Wishbone with VERY little WR play.....TE Keith Jackson was Troys leading reciever...
Yeah, but when your TE can average almost 25 yards a catch, you throw it to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back