QB With Best Arm In UM History.....

Advertisement
LA basin - not LA county.

Jkaz, Covington was from Dana Hills, which is more Orange County. But yeah, as a guy who lives in Southern California I was excited when UM signed him. His team went like 2-9 his senior year, IIR

Again....alot of Old Timers (Guys on Grassy back in the Day) who saw Mira Sr play in the 60s Swear the Guy could sling it through a Wall...
I'm one of those who saw Mira play most of his games. The wall thing was of course a metaphor but there is one fact that was documented and that is that he throughthe ball so hard on one ocasion that he broke bones in his receivers hand. He was just an exciting athelete to watch. The strongest arm question will always remain in the opinion room as it's impossible to quantify but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Mira.

Yep. I believe Roman Marciante said he had the 3rd greatest arm strength ever rated by the NFL of something to that effect. @Roman Marciante or @DMoney, care to sauce that comment from the last podcast and put this thread to bed?

Going back since the NFL started tracking Velocity...Stephen Morris throws the ball at 59 mph. Only Logan Thomas, Mahomes threw the ball at 60 mph. Could have clarified the stat better. (For reference Deshaun Watson has a velocity ranking of 49 mph)

Advertisement
Going back since the NFL started tracking Velocity...Stephen Morris throws the ball at 59 mph. Only Logan Thomas, Mahomes threw the ball at 60 mph. Could have clarified the stat better. (For reference Deshaun Watson has a velocity ranking of 49 mph)
Morris did seem to lose a little velocity his final year here after coming off his ankle injury. I would have liked to have seen his velocity measured prior to that, or maybe hear what it is now that he's been around the league for a few years.

I would also like to have seen what he would have been capable of had CMR been here during his time.

And FWIW, I'd also like to nominate Morris for "Coolest Miami Tatoo" award.

Strongest arm, might be Stephen Morris. Did it always go where you wanted it to? No, but he could throw a football into tomorrow off his back foot.
But since the question asked for best arm, I'd say the HOFer in Jim Kelly. He rode his arm to a HOF career, none of the others did or will.

I thought Stephen Morris as well. That throw against NCST comes to mind where he was scrambling set and threw a missile deep to Dorsett.

Advertisement
Guys what Miami QB made that throw up in Arkansas many many years ago 99 yards not including 5 yards behind line of scrimmage to skinny legs Thomas.

That throw landed I guess would you say 50-55 yard line maybe further?

GOCANES

Jim Kelly and it isn't even close. And yes I know Morris could throw it to the moon. Kelly had a cannon and a half. Kelly had a top 5 arm of all time. (And to think, Paterno wanted to move him to tight end.)

How much you wanna bet Stephen "Uncle Rico" Morris can throw the ball over them there mountains?

Advertisement
Morris and there’s no debate. I go back to the 80’s and I’ve only seen a handful of guys at any level or school have an arm like that dude. The ball exploded out of his hand. The throw against NCSU was 70 yards in the air, freaking ridiculous.

The problem with him was where the ball would end up, we didn’t know and half the time he didn’t.

2 most impressive throws I've seen from Morris were those 2 dimes to Hurns for TDs vs FSU in 2013. The dime He threw to Coley vs USF that same year was a nice one also.

Advertisement
2 most impressive throws I've seen from Morris were those 2 dimes to Hurns for TDs vs FSU in 2013. The dime He threw to Coley vs USF that same year was a nice one also.
Dude, the 62 yarder (70+ in the air) to Dorset, on the run, with 38 seconds to go, to stab NCST right through the heart with an exclamation point to close out a 566 yard day with a W rather than an L was one of those big boy plays we didn't see again until Rosier hit Langham in Doak.

Advertisement
Back