QB With Best Arm In UM History.....

Advertisement
I thought he was recruited as an LB by Penn St.

Jim Kelly and it isn't even close. And yes I know Morris could throw it to the moon. Kelly had a cannon and a half. Kelly had a top 5 arm of all time. (And to think, Paterno wanted to move him to tight end.)

Lot's of dudes can wing it when they set their feet and have time to drive the ball with their whole body. Snickers would throw it 60 yards off his back foot while rolling out to his left.

Going back since the NFL started tracking Velocity...Stephen Morris throws the ball at 59 mph. Only Logan Thomas, Mahomes threw the ball at 60 mph. Could have clarified the stat better. (For reference Deshaun Watson has a velocity ranking of 49 mph)
And when prey tell did the nfl start tracking velocity. I honestly dont know the answer to this question. Just sounds amusing that every single qb you mentioned is a young buck. Im sorry but it would be naive to say NONE of these older dudes throughout history are in this.

Advertisement
And when prey tell did the nfl start tracking velocity. I honestly dont know the answer to this question. Just sounds amusing that every single qb you mentioned is a young buck. Im sorry but it would be naive to say NONE of these older dudes throughout history are in this.

I have a hard time believing anyone ever threw a football harder or longer than John Elway in his prime...

Well, obviously, it can’t be that old. Anyone old enough to have watched football in the 80’s knows John Elway unquestionably had the strongest arm. Dan Reeves did once say that Mike Vick had the second strongest arm he’d seen, but I’d personally give the #2 nod to Jeff George, followed by Dan Marino and Randall Cunningham.

Advertisement
Well, obviously, it can’t be that old. Anyone old enough to have watched football in the 80’s knows John Elway unquestionably had the strongest arm. Dan Reeves did once say that Mike Vick had the second strongest arm he’d seen, but I’d personally give the #2 nod to Jeff George, followed by Dan Marino and Randall Cunningham.
All people i would definitely agree with. Randall cunningham had a freakin laser on his arm. For once i bothered to look something up. 2008 is when they first took velocity

Advertisement
What about Jake Heaps?

I mean, he was a 5-star recruit out of high school, wasn't he???

Jim Kelly and it isn't even close. And yes I know Morris could throw it to the moon. Kelly had a cannon and a half. Kelly had a top 5 arm of all time. (And to think, Paterno wanted to move him to tight end.)

Paterno wanted to move everyone to tight end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back