QB Wimbush & DB Fitzpatrick unofficially Visited UM recently

Advertisement
Totally agree with most of the posters in this thread. QB is the one position you don't want to get left at the altar on signing day. They also tend to be big recruiters during the rest of the year after they commit.

Wimbush is deciding in June.. Gibson on NLI day. We are not waiting that long to grab a QB. Put 2 & 2 together folks.

Gibson will not wait that long

I figured someone would get in his ear about his whole "wait till NSD" to sign somewhere thing..I am with you Glory I believe he sees the process of QB recruits and understands that a class can be made just off of your potential QB of the future. I doubt he announces before Wimbush which could offer some suspense but I also doubt he waits until NSD to actually commit to his school.

Advertisement
I say we take the package deal of Wimbush and Fitz and leave T.Mcfadden and Gibson alone with their somewhat interest. i hope mcfadden gets more serious about us though. fitz and mcfadden would be deadly

That is ballz....and makes me wonder which package deal you would like to take

T. McFad and Gibson or Wimbush and Fitz....

Florida vs Jersey....Hmmmmmm

I used to think Florida Talent was the only great talent before i started watching film more since i joined this board. them boys in Jersey can play. Fitz too me is a complete stud he has an all around game. Mcfadden he is a great man to man though but both i will take. wimbush looks more college ready than gibson. we will see if gibson got better in his throwing this year.

I would take the Jersey boys, better CB and a legit QB. If the Florida Boys were to commit, we would be worrying about them flipping until national signing day.

Advertisement
Be smart people, I'm higher on Wimbush but I hope he signs with Osu. If Gibson signs with OSU it would put us in danger of urban building a pipeline in south florida. Also, I've been told by multiple sources Penn State and OSU are neck and neck, as of right now if its not OSU then its Penn State. This would leave us 0 for 2. Also, his mother is an alumni of Penn State.

Be smart people, I'm higher on Wimbush but I hope he signs with Osu. If Gibson signs with OSU it would put us in danger of urban building a pipeline in south florida. Also, I've been told by multiple sources Penn State and OSU are neck and neck, as of right now if its not OSU then its Penn State. This would leave us 0 for 2. Also, his mother is an alumni of Penn State.

I agree on Wimbush being slightly better than Gibson but Gibson brings some additional S. Fla momentum. However I have this feeling that if not OSU, then Gibson is UGA bound to the $EC, ultimately leaving UM 0 for 3 because I think UM Plan B 2015 QB Taino will pick Tenn (if they offer) or WV (if they offer and his dad is an alumnus).

There could be alot of substance with the PSU talk they have him as their #1 guy according to PSU website Black Shoe Diaries.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2014/2/17/5382180/penn-state-recruiting-2015-george-campbell-ryan-bates-jerome-baker-andre-robinson-brandon-wimbush

Brandon Wimbush is one of the top Dual-Threat QB's in the country (#6 overall). While Wimbush had interest in Penn State before the new staff came in, but he also had interest in Vanderbilt. That puts the Lions is a nice situation, combining one of his favorite schools with one of his favorite coaches. Coach Gattis recently visited Brandon, and he will be meeting with the entire staff this weekend for Junior Day. Ohio State was previously considered the favorite to pick up Wimbush's commitment, but the Penn State coaching change seems to made things a little more difficult for Urban. Over on 247, Brandon's Crystal Ball has been trending towards the Nittany Lions recently.

Last edited:
I say we take the package deal of Wimbush and Fitz and leave T.Mcfadden and Gibson alone with their somewhat interest. i hope mcfadden gets more serious about us though. fitz and mcfadden would be deadly

That is ballz....and makes me wonder which package deal you would like to take

T. McFad and Gibson or Wimbush and Fitz....

Florida vs Jersey....Hmmmmmm

I used to think Florida Talent was the only great talent before i started watching film more since i joined this board. them boys in Jersey can play. Fitz too me is a complete stud he has an all around game. Mcfadden he is a great man to man though but both i will take. wimbush looks more college ready than gibson. we will see if gibson got better in his throwing this year.

Yep

FSU just won the championship with only 11 out of 22 starters from Florida. Of course the foundation of our team needs to be from Sofl and the whole state, but our needs should be supplemented from out of state. A ton of our all-time greats are from other states.

Advertisement
Gibson will not wait till NLI day because it looks bad on him as a player/leader, it puts other schools in a tough position and some will let some of the reigns in his recruitment go for other qbs that may be a better fit, mentors will tell him he cant way that long as a qb and tbh I dont think Gibson is dumb enough to do that. Basically I think he does it in the summer

Advertisement
Wimbush I feel could come in and become a beast after a couple years developing in college. Gibson is best we prospect in state. We need both. Period.

Wimbush is deciding in June.. Gibson on NLI day. We are not waiting that long to grab a QB. Put 2 & 2 together folks.

Gibson will not wait that long

Do you have an idea when he'll decide?

Shortly after his season is over

If this timeline is correct.... If Wimbush wants to commit in June you take his commitment. I like Gibson but you need to make sure you have at least one elite QB in this class

Advertisement
Back