QB Wimbush & DB Fitzpatrick unofficially Visited UM recently

Advertisement
I like Wimbush...he just seems like a player that may fit into that Urban Liar system...
All and all the kid looks like a player...

coach no "d" friends with their HC...Wimbush 3rd UOV to Da Gables....spent a lot of time with Da Don & Coley....& he gots people's in WPB

Advertisement
2015 QB Wimbush & DB Fitzpatrick unofficially Visited UM recently, can someone provide synopsis of article. The intro says both are very serious about UM

http://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1615850

Landing both would be huge picks up early.

Go Canes

From Canesport:

Jersey City (NJ) St. Peter's Prep QB Brandon Wimbush took an unofficial visit to Miami last Wednesday with teammate Minkah Fitzpatrick.

"It was just for the one day, went very well," Wimbush said. "I got to see stuff, sit in on a couple of meetings including academically. I had another two meetings with coach (Al) Golden and coach (James) Coley that really caught my eye. It was very productive."

He adds that "Coach Coley being the guy he is, he's very energetic. Just the excitement he brought was great. And coach Golden, he was telling me great things. He's an outstanding person to chat with."

Wimbush took the visit because he was staying with family in West Palm Beach for the week.

He lists UM among his 20 scholarship offers.

Asked how serious he is about the Canes, Wimbush said, "very serious. That's one of my top. I don't have a top 5 or top 10 but Miami is up there high."

He says Ohio State and Penn State are among others he's strongly considering putting in that top group when he announces it.

"I'm going to come out with a top 10 soon," Wimbush said.

He plans to announce a final decision in early June.

"I was going to do it at the end of February, but I figured more options are coming in, give myself more time to make a better decision," he said.

Wimbush says he and Fitzpatrick hope to attend the same college.

"He enjoyed the visit, too - the weather helped out a lot, too," Wimbush said. "We definitely converse on going to the same college together. If it fits both our styles, then maybe if it ends up that way that's great."

Last edited:
I say we take the package deal of Wimbush and Fitz and leave T.Mcfadden and Gibson alone with their somewhat interest. i hope mcfadden gets more serious about us though. fitz and mcfadden would be deadly

Advertisement
I say we take the package deal of Wimbush and Fitz and leave T.Mcfadden and Gibson alone with their somewhat interest. i hope mcfadden gets more serious about us though. fitz and mcfadden would be deadly

That is ballz....and makes me wonder which package deal you would like to take

T. McFad and Gibson or Wimbush and Fitz....

Florida vs Jersey....Hmmmmmm

"He enjoyed the visit, too - the weather helped out a lot, too," Wimbush said. "We definitely converse on going to the same college together. If it fits both our styles, then maybe if it ends up that way that's great."

Nice he see a prospect speak at his grade level...

I am with you brother not to hate on Jersey but push comes to shove take south FL all day and twice on Sundays. One word competition

Advertisement
Having all the Jersey guys on the team cant hurt at all with these two. Esp Minkah. I think Wimbush is peeking in the rearview to see what the deal is with TGibson. He obviously wants assurances behind the scenes that if he does commit that we are done going after high profile QBs. Maybe bring in a 2* or something but thats it. Dont blame him.

It will be fun to see Minkah come for an official visit and hang out with AQM and Kiy. I think they will hit it off real well and give him something to really think about.

would love to land Gibson, but if getting Wimbush means we'll also get Fitzpatrick, I'd be more than fine with that

Wimbush is deciding in June.. Gibson on NLI day. We are not waiting that long to grab a QB. Put 2 & 2 together folks.

Advertisement
Gibson would have big impact on local recruiting. But I think he said he wanted to wait until NSD or something like that. I have zero interest in waiting until NSD for our primary QB recruit. QBs usually get on board early. Sitting around waiting to see how much cash shows up by NSD is not good for us. I have no problem taking some NJ kids to supplement SO Fl. There seems a little less drama up there. If Gibson want to commit, take him, but I would not miss Wimbush waiting for him. Nobody is getting both of them.

Here's the way I look at it...

Gibson > Wimbush
Fitzpatrick > T. McFadden

If all things were equal and we had a great chance at landing either potential package deal, then I'd obviously lean towards the duo from our own backyard. Even though Minkah is the DB who I want us to land the most among those with whom we have a legitimate shot, Gibson is the most important recruit of the bunch because of the position he plays, the influence his commitment could have on other elite talents in our area, and because he's the best player we're targeting in this cycle.

That being said, Gibson wants to wait until at least after his senior season is over before announcing his decision. Wimbush says he'll shut it down in the summer. I haven't read anything about when Fitzpatrick or McFadden plan to announce their decision.

If a player as talented as Wimbush wants to commit in the summer, which would also help our chances of landing Fitzpatrick, then how could you not jump all over that knowing you're already fighting an uphill battle for both Gibson and McFadden? I haven't followed recruiting long enough to know if there's a precedent for this, and I'm of the opinion that you fight tooth and nail for a player like Gibson until the very end no matter what happens. But the one thing we can't afford would be to lose out on all of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back