Qb update days before a starter is decided

Bruh, When the HC accepts a transfer QB who was the #2 QB recruit in the country (that would be considered elite in some circles), it's because he thinks he is getting a starter. If he thought he had a QB on the roster and just wants depth, then he would bring in a good prospect who would be ok with sitting on the bench if is beaten out for the starting gig. Martell transferred because he didn't want to sit another year at OSU.

He's what OSU was saying when he was recruited:

"He's definitely the most prestigious quarterback recruit they've had," said Jeremy Birmingham, a staple of the Buckeyes recruiting beat who reports at Landof10.com. "In terms of hype, you probably have to go all the way back to Terrelle Pryor [in 2008], but he was more of a project."

Just to re-iterate: that was an OSU beatwriter stating that the Martell was the most prestigious QB recruit they have EVER HAD. Manny thought he was getting a starter. If he gets beat out, then that's the way it goes, but there is a big difference between "earning it" and not losing it. If you had to rate the QBs just before game 1 and they were all rated exactly the same, then no matter who you pick, you will be "handing the job" to a guy who didn't earn it. No one separated themselves and someone has to win the tiebreaker. You may not be aware of this, but Manny Diaz, the current HC, was Miami's DC last year. N'Kosi Perry showed his *** (literally) and was suspended twice. Diaz was there for all that. I don't think being on the roster last year endeared him to Diaz. Saying "it's an open and fair competition" is just coachspeak. If you don't think that Manny penciled in Martell as the starter when he accepted the transfer, you are living in fantasyland.
If Martell is all of that why did he cut and run once Justin Field showed up especially after talking all that trash on Twitter? He should have stayed and fought, but he just want the percieved easy route. I can't respect him.

Advertisement
My biggest worry with Kosi aside from the TO's is he tends to lock onto his first read, which kind of defeats the purpose of Enos's offense that has guys running everywhere on the field to an open spot. If he ends up being the pick he probably improved on that.

Same. And I’m still waiting for him to consistently lead his WR. Enos turned Allen around pretty fast at Arky. I’m hoping he can do the same with our Glue Slurpee **** Star - or who ever he chooses.

Toughest part is you do have to kind of throw everything we saw out the window last year. That offense wasn’t bad, it was embarrassing. Everyone knew what we were doing. There’s no leadership from the coaches. Our QB Coach was a ****.

No absolving Kosi, but I do have a hard time faulting him for the on the field issues last year. How about putting him in the game in the driving rain near our goal line after Malik started? I mean...the whole thing was a clown show

If Martell is all of that why did he cut and run once Justin Field showed up especially after talking all that trash on Twitter? He should have stayed and fought, but he just want the percieved easy route. I can't respect him.
They told him to leave even Martell said thats why he left

Advertisement
There’s a lot that goes into winning the job, and there’s definitely more than what you mentioned. If it were tate the playbook will be used to his strengths. There’s also things that go into this that we don’t even know about.

Btw , Tua wasn’t running Enos offense.

I never said Tua was running Enos offense, but Tua is a pocket passer. All the Quarterbacks at Arkansas were pocket passers too. A staple of Enos offense is playaction and throwing the deep comeback. I don't know how any coordinator is going to build a successful offense if his quarterback is limited.

This might be true in practice and in scrimmages but my concern with Perry is that he looked completely lost at times last year and seemed to get worse the more he played. Granted the kid did not have a real QB coach like he does now.
I understand your concern and I'm pretty sure the rest of the fan base shares that same concern when it pertains to Perry. Lets hope that better coaching will lead to improved play. In most cases it does. Personally, I believe the offense WILL be much improved from last year just off the facts that Rosier won't be behind center, we have a new OC and qb coach in place.

They told him to leave even Martell said thats why he left
if OSU dont think he is good enough, why are people so high on on him here? I spoke with my friend from OSU; he said he can run, but can't throw. After inaccuracy issues of last year, if Martell is not accurate then it is a hard pass for me.
Talk all that stuff and could not back it up. SMH.

Alright, so everyone is making assumptions about the QB position from a bunch of journalists that have no inside source to what is truly going on behind the seems. Manny shut that insider source down when he took over as coach and sent a bunch of people packing. The article reads like Barry read a bunch of the twitter posts and 247 articles. Remember all these people were clueless when it came to who the Offensive Coordinator was going to be. Everybody is making assumptions of 20 mins of viewing time at practice where the qbs are throwing against air.

Advertisement
if OSU dont think he is good enough, why are people so high on on him here? I spoke with my friend from OSU; he said he can run, but can't throw. After inaccuracy issues of last year, if Martell is not accurate then it is a hard pass for me.
Was your friend on the OSU coaching staff? If not what makes him an expert? Tate’s only live action last year was against Rutgers and he was 25 for 28, with a bunch of long runs.

Martell should be the change of pace QB...
I have the feeling he was more of Urbans guy and not Day's guy but i could be wrong and they just thought he wasnt good enough.

Was your friend on the OSU coaching staff? If not what makes him an expert? Tate’s only live action last year was against Rutgers and he was 25 for 28, with a bunch of long runs.
Season ticket holder and sits on the board of trustee. He gets to watch the practices.

See below, about 1:58 in. Sounds like Kosi has been showing some play making ability with his feet also. Doubt its a surprise to anyone though.

Advertisement
Fake News
He only threw about 10 passes that rutgers game after they were up 35-0,
He did have a nice *** run that game but Rutgers was 1-11 last year finished dead last in the conference and finished dead last in the NCAA in Offense(130 out of 130 teams) with a qb that was a former Hurricane. That team was arguably the worst teamin P5 football last year Not a team you wanna brag that he looked good against.

Advertisement
okay il take your word for it. the more and more reports that come out, the more and more it seems that all 3 are just meh. hopefully, the chosen guy is accurate (so far they're all meh) and can give us some semblance of an explosive offense.

Yeah, we will see. Let’s just beat the Turds and worry about the rest later

Still think Tate. Enos rather have the guy who thinks like a coach and can elude the rush because oline is still a question mark. He will just need to adjust his pass plays to Tate's skills. More roll out, quick slants, and safe throws, etc. Take shots downfield every now and then if they start to take away throws underneath.

Yes, Tate has all that, but he can’t still be throwing wounded ducks.

Advertisement
Back