QB Stats from Scrimmage #2

Advertisement
And here we go.

The overreactions are hilarious.

If Shirreffs goes 16-19 180 we'd hear "the D must suck or we're in trouble ".

The D is always way ahead in spring , especially when the entire front 7 is back from a really good D. Now I'll let you guys get back to overreacting.

Shirreffs going 16-36 is awful. What you take from that is another thing. He had a bad day. Maybe thats all it is.

I don't put much in what a qb went in a spring scrimmage , especially when they're new guys, playing against a great front 7,and are going live.

I've seen some of the greatest offenses ever get their asses kicked in the spring. The D is always dominate , especially when it's the one returning all the studs.

The D should win the majority of the reps right now. I'd be more concerned if it was the other way around, if the O was killing a projected top ten D.

And here we go.

The D is always way ahead in spring , especially when the entire front 7 is back from a really good D. Now I'll let you guys get back to overreacting.

Shirreffs going 16-36 is awful. What you take from that is another thing. He had a bad day. Maybe thats all it is.

And if he went 16-20 you would say he picked a part the defense. It's spring the defense will always be ahead. They are playing against an elite defense

It's not an overreaction to realistically asses our QB's after 2-3 years of being in our program. Here's what we know:

(1) Rosier and Shirreffs had absolutely ****** offer lists save us. Our most formidable competition for their services was Columbia and Middle Tennessee State.

(2) Does that mean they're bound to suck? No. But according to Richt, none of the backups could really solidify the #2 spot last year (I guess maybe all the backups are really good!). It's not like we have an underrecrutied guy coming in here and wowing our coaches... rather those two have been just ahead of Testaverde and Allison from what we know.

Maybe they're gamers... maybe they'll vastly improve come Fall camp... maybe our defense is just that good, etc., etc... but no one can look at those facts and not be concerned. Probability predicts that those 2 just won't be that good and, from what we know, I don't think they've given us any hope or optimism.

It's not an overreaction to realistically asses our QB's after 2-3 years of being in our program. Here's what we know:

(1) Rosier and Shirreffs had absolutely ****ty offer lists save us. Our most formidable competition for their services was Columbia and Middle Tennessee State.

(2) Does that mean they're bound to suck? No. But according to Richt, none of the backups could really solidify the #2 spot last year (I guess maybe all the backups are really good!). It's not like we have an underrecrutied guy coming in here and wowing our coaches... rather those two have been just ahead of Testaverde and Allison from what we know.

Maybe they're gamers... maybe they'll vastly improve come Fall camp... maybe our defense is just that good, etc., etc... but no one can look at those facts and not be concerned. Probability predicts that those 2 just won't be that good and, from what we know, I don't think they've given us any hope or optimism.

Did you hear the part where Richt said they had them throwing a lot of low percentage passes? You have to factor that in somewhere, right? It seems to me the numbers are about what you'd expect going against a really good D, and taking a lot of low % passes.

Advertisement
We didn't run the ball because of RB depth. So today was a QB tryout and they all failed.

Writing is on the wall - Richt will likely throw N'Kosi into the fire come **** or high water, and let the kid go through his growing pains this year. It's our only viable option.

(1) Rosier and Shirreffs had absolutely ****ty offer lists save us. Our most formidable competition for their services was Columbia and Middle Tennessee State.

Did you hear the part where Richt said they had them throwing a lot of low percentage passes? You have to factor that in somewhere, right? It seems to me the numbers are about what you'd expect going against a really good D, and taking a lot of low % passes.

They overlooked that part.

And here we go.

And if he went 16-20 you would say he picked a part the defense. It's spring the defense will always be ahead. They are playing against an elite defense

Yeah I would. But he didn't. He had a bad day. Why that's so difficult for people to say and accept without adding qualifiers is a little weird. If he was 22-36 with a TD he would've had a better day. That is still a win for the defense but it means he was ok vs a potential elite defense. Shirreffs wasn't good today. Thats all. Rosier wasn't good either. He just had a better day and if not for a great play by Young might have had two TDs and no picks.

I saw that but the numbers speak for themselves. It's not like they were just running 9's all day.

Advertisement

I saw that but the numbers speak for themselves. It's not like they were just running 9's all day.

Except for the fact that Richt said that is directly the cause of the numbers being low.

And here we go.

*********. We all know what our D is. If he had put up those kind of numbers we would have legit reason to be very excited.

You always head right for the reductio ad absurdum. It's because you aren't that bright.

Except for the fact that Richt said that is directly the cause of the numbers being low.

Corches say lots of things to defend their position.

Advertisement
And here we go.

*********. We all know what our D is. If he had put up those kind of numbers we would have legit reason to be very excited.

You always head right for the reductio ad absurdum. It's because you aren't that bright.

Dawg really? Smh I thought you was passed all of that

Didn't overlook anything. In fact, I didn't even mention the spring game. I just simply stated that they had ****** offers and haven't done anything to in really impress our coaches for 2+ years. Today was just a continuation of that pattern.

Advertisement

Didn't overlook anything. In fact, I didn't even mention the spring game. I just simply stated that they had ****ty offers and haven't done anything to in really impress our coaches for 2+ years. Today was just a continuation of that pattern.

No, they haven't done anything to impress YOU. I've heard a lot of praise for Shirreffs over the last year. You hear what you want to hear.

Intriguing that the D did that well with possibly 3 first and second team guys at the corner position are coming. Could careless about the offense, want to make sure they play the best D they will see this week week in and week out we will be fine. All of our best teams got smashed by the D all the time

So what you're saying is we don't have a qb?

Maybe, also the fact that your oline is nowhere near great and the defense is probably top 10 this year.

Richt said he likes 4 of the first team OL. Trevor Darling is the guy he's waiting on. Walton only got a couple of carries. Homer got 10. So mostly they ran the football with the second team.

But one yard per carry average is not what we're looking for, no matter who's playing on the O-line..

Advertisement
Back