QB Stats from Scrimmage #2

In three scrimmages, Kaaya was 57 for 89 for 763 yards, with 10 touchdowns and one interception. Receivers muffed more than a dozen passes, dropping his completion rate (64 percent).

“I think I’ve mastered it pretty well,” Kaaya said of Richt’s offense. “I’m sure down the road when it comes to week to week to week, it’ll be more complex game plans and stuff, but so far in the base offense, I think I did a good job of learning it and I think some other guys did, too.”

Let us not commit the sin of putting too much stock in Spring.

But I thought the offense always struggle in the spring and we shouldn't expect good QB play?

Kaaya was the king of looking good when things were perfect. No pass rush is pretty much a perfect situation for him. We know how quickly that turned when things went live. Also have to remember that going into last spring he had 25 starts under him. He had seen alot so he would thrive in optimal conditions.

Only one guy is this competition has thrown a pass in a game. They were expected to be behind.

I agree with everything you're saying but all I hear is that the defense always win in the spring which is obviously not true. Everyone is just making excuses for the poor QB play.

Advertisement
You guys are alarmed at a RSFR's performance against arguably one of the best defenses in the country?

I'm alarmed that our 1 and 2 went a combined 26-62 1TD 1 INT for an amazing 47% completion rate in a situation where they weren't ever going to be touched.

Anyone who thinks everything is ok with that is missing something.

In three scrimmages, Kaaya was 57 for 89 for 763 yards, with 10 touchdowns and one interception. Receivers muffed more than a dozen passes, dropping his completion rate (64 percent).

“I think I’ve mastered it pretty well,” Kaaya said of Richt’s offense. “I’m sure down the road when it comes to week to week to week, it’ll be more complex game plans and stuff, but so far in the base offense, I think I did a good job of learning it and I think some other guys did, too.”

But I thought the offense always struggle in the spring and we shouldn't expect good QB play?

Kaaya was the king of looking good when things were perfect. No pass rush is pretty much a perfect situation for him. We know how quickly that turned when things went live. Also have to remember that going into last spring he had 25 starts under him. He had seen alot so he would thrive in optimal conditions.

Only one guy is this competition has thrown a pass in a game. They were expected to be behind.

I agree with everything you're saying but all I hear is that the defense always win in the spring which is obviously not true. Everyone is just making excuses for the poor QB play.

This. It's not like anyone is expecting these kids to Tom Brady things but 47% from your 1 and 2 is dismal.

I been saying this for a minute. Shirreff is going to start.. look unimpressive vs Ark State and Bethune-Cookman then Rosier is going to start based on the fact he can at least provide additional run game and start in the 2nd half of the Ark State game and look more impressive as a playmaker then Evan.

If Shirreff beats out Rosier then sucks it up in the opening two games no way Ricth goes to Rosier. It will be Perry or Allison, with Perry getring the first nod since Allison couldnt beat our Sheriff and Rosier

according to Richt:

Shirreffs was 16-36 139 yds
Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.
Weldon 5-9 for 39 and a pick
Vinny Jr. 6-9 98 yards and the long TD to Deejay.

Just another example why I'm maintaining my expectations for the QB position and quite frankly the season. Realistically speaking, I just don't believe we have anyone at QB who can beat the FSU's of the world. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Advertisement
You guys are alarmed at a RSFR's performance against arguably one of the best defenses in the country?

I'm alarmed that our 1 and 2 went a combined 26-62 1TD 1 INT for an amazing 47% completion rate in a situation where they weren't ever going to be touched.

Anyone who thinks everything is ok with that is missing something.

Thank You finally someone speaking the truth!!!!

according to Richt:

Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.

Just another example why I'm maintaining my expectations for the QB position and quite frankly the season. Realistically speaking, I just don't believe we have anyone at QB who can beat the FSU's of the world. Hopefully I'm wrong.
You're right but everyone wanted Brad gone.

Now we need him. With this supporting cast he could win it.. should have last year . These QBs are below average we need Artur and Perry asap

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You ladies are going into a menstruation induced panic mode after 2 scrimmages and 2 weeks of practice with several new key faces on offense.

Wait to go into your girly hysterics when we actually play a game that counts.

In the meantime we're talking practice.

Advertisement
Am I the only one that caught Richt saying they took a lot of low percentage deep shots and that is why the completion % was low?

according to Richt:

You're right but everyone wanted Brad gone.

Now we need him. With this supporting cast he could win it.. should have last year . These QBs are below average we need Artur and Perry asap

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Only a handful of morons wanted him gone. If Kaaya returns, Miami would be in position to win the ACC and possibly make the playoffs with an improved OL.

This. It's not like anyone is expecting these kids to Tom Brady things but 47% from your 1 and 2 is dismal.

Pretty clear there is no #1 . You're not the true QB1 in a competition if you go 16-36 when you have the starters with you for a half. Rosier and Shirreffs rotated with the 1s after the half. Shirreffs got his shot to prove himself and stunk for whatever reason. We'll see how the final week goes.

OH MY GAWD ITS DISMAL!! we're doomed get the **** outta here

Advertisement
My oh my at the over reaction.. chill

1fd3eb2d600dfff5506ff549f5fd58fc7949f4f56eea21a8ddd689b2a13eb1a5.jpg

Advertisement
And here we go.

The overreactions are hilarious.

If Shirreffs goes 16-19 180 we'd hear "the D must suck or we're in trouble ".

The D is always way ahead in spring , especially when the entire front 7 is back from a really good D. Now I'll let you guys get back to overreacting.

And here we go.

The overreactions are hilarious.

If Shirreffs goes 16-19 180 we'd hear "the D must suck or we're in trouble ".

The D is always way ahead in spring , especially when the entire front 7 is back from a really good D. Now I'll let you guys get back to overreacting.

Shirreffs going 16-36 is awful. What you take from that is another thing. He had a bad day. Maybe thats all it is.

Advertisement
Back