QB Stats from Scrimmage #2

Advertisement
I'd like to know if they even attempted a running game today. If it's like last scrimmage then none of the passing statswould look good if the defense knows it's always going to be a pass.

According to Richt they did but it was worse than the QB stats (go to 3:02 mark):

[video=youtube_share;kcAYkF0Q5JU]https://youtu.be/kcAYkF0Q5JU?t=3m2s[/video]

Homer: 10 carries for 5 yards
Callahan: 1 carry for 1 yard
Atkins: 7 carries for 12 yards
Walton: 2 carries for 2 yards

Let's just hope that the defense is THAT good. Listening to Richt, he does not seem very optimistic about the offense.

Total of 20 carries for exactly 20 yards. Man, I hope that this is due to the D being that good as opposed having an inept O-Line.

Not getting crazy about Sherriffs. 36 attempts means we weren't running the ball at all which gives the D an enormous advantage.

That was my first thought as well. He's going against a top notch D that had its ears pinned back. Yeah, the stats look bad, but if anyone honestly thinks Perry would come in and do better today is kidding themselves. Perry has never faced a D NEAR this good. It's not as easy as just being talented and taking control. This D is going to be absolutely dominating.

I'd be more concerned if he was 26-36 with 400 yards passing, quite honestly. This is the best D any of our QBs will face all year, so don't expect any of them to light up that first string D. Or second string D for that matter. Perry won't light them up when he arrives, but I have no doubt in his ability.

according to Richt:

Shirreffs was 16-36 139 yds
Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.
Weldon 5-9 for 39 and a pick
Vinny Jr. 6-9 98 yards and the long TD to Deejay.

LOL

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Wait til yall see my boy Augie "The Million Dollar Arm" DiBiase, by far the best QB on the team...

He's gonna kill it bro!

Not much running today, mostly worked on the passing game. Testeverde's first pass of the day was the TD to Dallas, he and Weldon seemed to be getting the third team snaps.

Sheriffs started with the first team O. First team OL was from left to right-McDermott, Darling, Gauthier, Donaldson, St. Louis. Rosier started with second team O. They rotated after the first half.

Yards were hard to come by. Defense got multiple sacks, INTs, batted passes, fumbles and even blocked a FG.

Coach Brown said in the last media Q&A that there wasn't much depth at OL after the starting five. Is at least the Brown kid from LSU doing well? Anyone else stand out good or bad on the 1s and 2s at OL?

Believe Brown was running with the 2's, couldn't tell you how he did but the defense pretty much had its way.

If Shireffs went 30-36 wouldnt the narrative be to be worried about the defensive backfield?

I'd like to know if they even attempted a running game today. If it's like last scrimmage then none of the passing statswould look good if the defense knows it's always going to be a pass.

According to Richt they did but it was worse than the QB stats (go to 3:02 mark):

[video=youtube_share;kcAYkF0Q5JU]https://youtu.be/kcAYkF0Q5JU?t=3m2s[/video]

Homer: 10 carries for 5 yards
Callahan: 1 carry for 1 yard
Atkins: 7 carries for 12 yards
Walton: 2 carries for 2 yards

Let's just hope that the defense is THAT good. Listening to Richt, he does not seem very optimistic about the offense.

In before the clown brigade pencils in Crispian Atkins as the starting RB over Walton

Advertisement
In three scrimmages, Kaaya was 57 for 89 for 763 yards, with 10 touchdowns and one interception. Receivers muffed more than a dozen passes, dropping his completion rate (64 percent).

“I think I’ve mastered it pretty well,” Kaaya said of Richt’s offense. “I’m sure down the road when it comes to week to week to week, it’ll be more complex game plans and stuff, but so far in the base offense, I think I did a good job of learning it and I think some other guys did, too.”

Let us not commit the sin of putting too much stock in Spring.

The secondary is dangerously thin and the OL(surprise surprise) seems to be getting dominated by the DL. Those QB stats are rough.

Advertisement
In three scrimmages, Kaaya was 57 for 89 for 763 yards, with 10 touchdowns and one interception. Receivers muffed more than a dozen passes, dropping his completion rate (64 percent).

“I think I’ve mastered it pretty well,” Kaaya said of Richt’s offense. “I’m sure down the road when it comes to week to week to week, it’ll be more complex game plans and stuff, but so far in the base offense, I think I did a good job of learning it and I think some other guys did, too.”

Sweet baby Jesus, does that ever put spring ball numbers into perspective.

You guys are alarmed at a RSFR's performance against arguably one of the best defenses in the country?

Advertisement

But I thought the offense always struggle in the spring and we shouldn't expect good QB play?

But I thought the offense always struggle in the spring and we shouldn't expect good QB play?

Kaaya was the king of looking good when things were perfect. No pass rush is pretty much a perfect situation for him. We know how quickly that turned when things went live. Also have to remember that going into last spring he had 25 starts under him. He had seen alot so he would thrive in optimal conditions.

Only one guy is this competition has thrown a pass in a game. They were expected to be behind.

Patience, time is coming and it sounds like no one has really distinguished themselves.

Advertisement
Back