QB Stats from Scrimmage #2

Advertisement
(from UM) Malek Young had an INT, a PBU, 5 tackles; Murphy 4 tackles, an INT, 4 PBUs.

Anybody know anything about this Tyler Murphy(db) guy? Besides being a walk-on? Can he play?

Be interesting game day.

Previously, we had a Greentree superstar, but on gameday, we never knew who was going to show up.

Defense knows the plays, they know tendencies.

These stats don't mean much to me, other than to give us an idea of how we may do on gameday if our running backs are out of the game and we're facing a really good defense - that knows our plays.

I do think our defense is just that good, but it's certainly concerning when we threw "low percentage passes" when we counldnt muster more than 1 ypc on the ground. Not sure if the coaches had the QBs going downfield to see if the oline could give the QB time and to see how well they throw the deep ball, but otherwise I can't make sense of what went on in the scrimmage.

I guess we also need to take into acct the situational stuff they did. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Advertisement
Some of you need to relax..scripted glorified practice with a Defense that's much better than the Offense to begin with...! Please stop with sky is falling we have no QB bull****z.

Could be the best front 7 in the country
Chill, O has no chance if DBs are playing well.

(from UM) Malek Young had an INT, a PBU, 5 tackles; Murphy 4 tackles, an INT, 4 PBUs.

Anybody know anything about this Tyler Murphy(db) guy? Besides being a walk-on? Can he play?

Had more 1st and 2nd team reps than Henley and Mayes. Mayes got bombed by DeeJay Dallas for a 65yd TD.

Advertisement
Some of you need to relax..scripted glorified practice with a Defense that's much better than the Offense to begin with...! Please stop with sky is falling we have no QB bull****z.

IMG_3946.GIF

according to Richt:

Shirreffs was 16-36 139 yds

Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.
Weldon 5-9 for 39 and a pick
Vinny Jr. 6-9 98 yards and the long TD to Deejay.

I thought that Evans accuracy was supposed to make up for his lack of arm strength!

Well.. at least our defense is playing well. I rather go through the struggle of having no offense then having a defense that make every QB you play look like Peyton Manning. but.. I'm so lost man... no footage.. no spring game.. closed scrimmages.. I'm about this |__| close to saying give Vinny a chance to win the job.. We just need a solid QB idc who that is.. and we'll win 10 games easy.

Advertisement
Not much running today, mostly worked on the passing game. Testeverde's first pass of the day was the TD to Dallas, he and Weldon seemed to be getting the third team snaps.

Sheriffs started with the first team O. First team OL was from left to right-McDermott, Darling, Gauthier, Donaldson, St. Louis. Rosier started with second team O. They rotated after the first half.

Yards were hard to come by. Defense got multiple sacks, INTs, batted passes, fumbles and even blocked a FG.

Had more 1st and 2nd team reps than Henley and Mayes. Mayes got bombed by DeeJay Dallas for a 65yd TD.

Any word on Jackson? Do we at least have 2cbs on campus in Young and Jackson who can play, or is Young the only reliable guy and we pray the three guys joining the team this summer step into first team reps right away? I'm not worried at all about Delaney. He's played against big time Power 5 WRs. But Dean and Bandy will need time to adjust.

Any word on Jackson? Do we at least have 2cbs on campus in Young and Jackson who can play, or is Young the only reliable guy and we pray the three guys joining the team this summer step into first team reps right away? I'm not worried at all about Delaney. He's played against big time Power 5 WRs. But Dean and Bandy will need time to adjust.

Jackson-Kerr is currently starting opposite of young. Tyler Murphy received more first and second team reps than any of the other backups.

When Quan goes nickel, Knowles replaces him at safety.

Finley revived a few first team reps towards the end of practice, but not more than knowles. Carter is mostly with the 3rd team, but did decent when given reps with the 2nd.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not much running today, mostly worked on the passing game. Testeverde's first pass of the day was the TD to Dallas, he and Weldon seemed to be getting the third team snaps.

Sheriffs started with the first team O. First team OL was from left to right-McDermott, Darling, Gauthier, Donaldson, St. Louis. Rosier started with second team O. They rotated after the first half.

Yards were hard to come by. Defense got multiple sacks, INTs, batted passes, fumbles and even blocked a FG.

Coach Brown said in the last media Q&A that there wasn't much depth at OL after the starting five. Is at least the Brown kid from LSU doing well? Anyone else stand out good or bad on the 1s and 2s at OL?

I'd like to know if they even attempted a running game today. If it's like last scrimmage then none of the passing statswould look good if the defense knows it's always going to be a pass.

According to Richt they did but it was worse than the QB stats (go to 3:02 mark):

[video=youtube_share;kcAYkF0Q5JU]https://youtu.be/kcAYkF0Q5JU?t=3m2s[/video]

Homer: 10 carries for 5 yards
Callahan: 1 carry for 1 yard
Atkins: 7 carries for 12 yards
Walton: 2 carries for 2 yards

Let's just hope that the defense is THAT good. Listening to Richt, he does not seem very optimistic about the offense.

Last edited:
offenses are always bad in the Spring... we should know this already.

The fact that the defense is already beasting before the fall is the real tell tell sign of how good this team is going to be next season.

according to Richt:

Shirreffs was 16-36 139 yds
Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.
Weldon 5-9 for 39 and a pick
Vinny Jr. 6-9 98 yards and the long TD to Deejay.

Yeah I'd rather go with Malik Rosier between him and Shirreffs

Let Rosier and Perry compete for the job going into the season.

Based on the 1 td? I thought Richt said that was in the 1 minute drill which does put a different take on it. Then again he had the pick. Based on just stats Testaverde got the biggest bang for his limited attempts. Why not handed it over to him?

Advertisement
Back