QB Starter

The one huge positive and thing I'm most excited about is that no matter which QB wins the starting job they will be much more mobile than Kaaya

Advertisement

Those were some excellent throws! I don't understand the hate. I think there will be some ups and downs but in all I think he will be a better college qb than kaaya. GO CANES!

Odds are Rosier won't be better than Kaaya(One of the most **** on good QBs in recent memory). That said, he can be a serviceable QB that is a better overall fit for what Richt wants to run. Rosier is also more mature at this point, and when you are dealing with a rebuilding offense, you want maturity at that QB spot. You want someone who is an adult that can deal with the highs and lows. That said, he is going to have to earn the right to lead the offense, it won't be handed to him.

Member this bois, Richt's two favorite QBs at Georgia were David Green and Aaron Murray. Wonder if any of ds Miami bois remind him of dem.

Those were some excellent throws! I don't understand the hate. I think there will be some ups and downs but in all I think he will be a better college qb than kaaya. GO CANES!

Odds are Rosier won't be better than Kaaya(One of the most **** on good QBs in recent memory). That said, he can be a serviceable QB that is a better overall fit for what Richt wants to run. Rosier is also more mature at this point, and when you are dealing with a rebuilding offense, you want maturity at that QB spot. You want someone who is an adult that can deal with the highs and lows. That said, he is going to have to earn the right to lead the offense, it won't be handed to him.

You dont know if rosier can lead. Just because you are older that doesnt make you a great leader. Rosier hasnt been through the highs and lows on the field so nobody knows if he can handle it.

Advertisement
It'll shake out.

We have some good quarterbacks, a problem I am enthusiastic about.

I don't mean to sound so sinister but I'm not sold that we have good talent in that position, at least not anyone that isn't a Freshman. I hope you're right though. Golden's ****** vision and recruiting has put us in this position.

It'll shake out.

We have some good quarterbacks, a problem I am enthusiastic about.

I don't mean to sound so sinister but I'm not sold that we have good talent in that position, at least not anyone that isn't a Freshman. I hope you're right though. Golden's ****ty vision and recruiting has put us in this position.

Our QB doesn't have to win every play - just run his progressions and get the ball to our playmakers.

We won our first National Championship with a Redshirt Freshman.

How soon we forget.

That Duke start was also 2 years ago. Rosier has definetly matured and gotten stronger. I would be comfortable with him as a starter. His interviews show a ton of maturity and he can move a bit as well. Him starting gives the young guys longer to grasp the playbook and mature as well. If he is capable then I bet Richt rolls with him.

Advertisement
Every argument mentioning stars I immediately scroll past.

The second you step on green tree stars don't matter.

Allison and Sheriiffs IMO will split snaps the first few games but this will be Perry's team by the end of the season. Malik just isn't going to cut it IMO .

You win championships with OL's and DL's that can move the opposing OL's and DL's and create space for the playmakers. How do you think Alabama made the championship game with Jalen Hurts as their QB. The QB must manage the flow of the game and not make mistakes and play smart (no turnovers). If Jalen Hurts played for Duke, Duke would not have played in the national championship game. You win championships in the trenches. But it definitely helps if Tom Brady is your QB.

Allison and Sheriiffs IMO will split snaps the first few games but this will be Perry's team by the end of the season. Malik just isn't going to cut it IMO .

I hope this isn't true. If those 2 are splitting snaps for FSU, we're in trouble. We need 1 QB to seperate himself and lead the O.

Advertisement
The sht hasn't hit the fan yet. But when Baby Big Ben gets here, we're going to see the qb's who get lost in the shuffle start transferring.

My prediction, barring injuries, Rosier starts that season, Allison finishes the season with Perry red shirting since he got in late.

I think what worries me and probably a few others here is that in two years, Jack Allison hasn't been able to separate himself from the rest of the pack. Talent and pedigree wise, Allison should have been the backup last year but ended up fighting for 3rd and 4th team scraps. Not because Malik or Evan balled out but because he struggled so badly. I'd be a lot more comfortable had he been able to outplay the other guys and gotten a few garbage time game snaps last year. Not so much that the garbage time experience means much, it would just signify that he was taking the steps to grab the starting job in 2017. Now it's year 3 and we're still hoping that he can separate himself from the other guys.

Advertisement
I think what worries me and probably a few others here is that in two years, Jack Allison hasn't been able to separate himself from the rest of the pack. Talent and pedigree wise, Allison should have been the backup last year but ended up fighting for 3rd and 4th team scraps. Not because Malik or Evan balled out but because he struggled so badly. I'd be a lot more comfortable had he been able to outplay the other guys and gotten a few garbage time game snaps last year. Not so much that the garbage time experience means much, it would just signify that he was taking the steps to grab the starting job in 2017. Now it's year 3 and we're still hoping that he can separate himself from the other guys.

I think Allison has only been on the roster 1 year.

He was an EE, so it may seem like he was on the roster for 2 years. But this past season was his 1st on the team.

Malik Rosier
Jack Allison
Evan Shirreffs
Cade Weldon
N'kosi Perry

.... all I know is somebody's transferring after the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back