QB Starter

I don't care who wins. Just be smart with the football and don't wear cement shoes. I don't think that's asking too much.

Advertisement
I don't see anyway the QB decision is decided on by the first game. There's gonna be some platooning for sure. I'm guessing they'll narrow it down to two guys and see who takes it. Rosier will for sure be one of them.

I don't see anyway the QB decision is decided on by the first game. There's gonna be some platooning for sure. I'm guessing they'll narrow it down to two guys and see who takes it. Rosier will for sure be one of them.

Could be. I'm hoping one guy elevates his play and takes the job, though.

That would be ideal. Just not seeing how they could make a definite call since Rosier is the only one to ever take a meaningful snap in a real game. At some point you'd think they'd wanna see Sheriffs and Allison actually play.

That would be ideal. Just not seeing how they could make a definite call since Rosier is the only one to ever take a meaningful snap in a real game. At some point you'd think they'd wanna see Sheriffs and Allison actually play.

True. They need to see them in a game for sure, and they should get that opportunity early in the season in garbage time. I can see Rosier winning the starting job, but it won't be like Kaaya winning the starting job. If the O doesn't run smoothly with him, he will get yanked. That goes for anyone that wins the job. It'll be a loose title of starting QB.

Advertisement
All signs right now point to Rosier and Shireffs. A previous poster mentioned the schedule as a determining factor which I agree with. They'll ride Walton and our defense for as many games as possible while whoever the QB is manages not to F up. I like Rosier and I think he can be serviceable; is he a Miami QB? Probably not in the traditional sense. I think everyone here gave great points and it all makes sense. I'll be rooting for whoever dons the orange and green, and that's for **** certain!

All signs? Ain't too many signs after three practices and Coach not saying much about nothing. Be patient young Grasshopper; the answer will reveal itself in time.

I love all the definites and signs being discussed after a couple practices. Nobody knows a **** thing. Literally no clue, so stop acting like you have a clue who's starting.

Advertisement
We've got a contingent of our fanbase who want to crown Rosier based on the fact that he didn't totally suck in one start against Duke 2 years ago. His offer list coming out of High School was:

Ark St
Middle Tenn St
Furman
Northern IL
Western KY
Southern Miss

He's a good athlete but I do not think he is the QB some of you fancy him to be.

Can't speak for anyone else I could care less about his one start IF he legitimately wins the job then I'm fine with him being the starter.

yea, and you can't underestimate Richt's system and coaching.

This is useless until Perry gets on the field. Then we can discuss.

Perry is a good prospect. The sort of recruit Miami should be snagging at the position every year but he isn't considered a program-changing type talent immediately coming out of high school. He might be better than what evaluators have ranked him and we'll see.

So while I get why people are excited by him and why Richt isn't going to make a decision until he's on the field the thought that this competition is on hold till he steps on Greentree is presumptuous in my eyes. The QBs on campus right now have every chance to separate themselves from the pack and make Perry's arrival and introduction into the competition to what would amount to just checking off a box. Its up to one of them to make him just another guy signaling in calls. His later start is a disadvantage. A big one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We've got a contingent of our fanbase who want to crown Rosier based on the fact that he didn't totally suck in one start against Duke 2 years ago. His offer list coming out of High School was:

Ark St
Middle Tenn St
Furman
Northern IL
Western KY
Southern Miss

He's a good athlete but I do not think he is the QB some of you fancy him to be.

This. I can't help but ask myself can someone with that list of offers beat FSU, VT, ND, etc? Deep down I think we all know the answer to that. If he wins the position, I hope he proves me wrong.

It's way too early but I dont like the sound that the competition is so close. Last year, it was stated Kayaa was head and shoulders above the rest. And no way all 4 have suddenly turned into studs. Honestly all 4 may be average QB's and one will get the nod by default. Hope someone takes a serious step forward

Yup its all coach talk and people eat it up...I never believe reports when it comes to qb talk because coaches be bullshyttin. When Perry comes he is probably taking the job

Ark St
Middle Tenn St
Furman
Northern IL
Western KY
Southern Miss

This. I can't help but ask myself can someone with that list of offers beat FSU, VT, ND, etc? Deep down I think we all know the answer to that. If he wins the position, I hope he proves me wrong.

A guy with offers from Houston before Tom Herman got there, Rice, Houston Baptist and New Mexico beat FSU, Oklahoma and Louisville with Lamar Jackson as the starting QB.

Greg Ward Jr. A guy who most thought would be better served playing WR. At some point offers don't matter.

Advertisement
I'm confused, we got a highly rated QB last yr, and yet we're hyping low rated 3 star guys to be the be the starters?? At what point did ya'll turn on Allison since he's done nothing to merit the lack of support

I'm confused, we got a highly rated QB last yr, and yet we're hyping low rated 3 star guys to be the be the starters?? At what point did ya'll turn on Allison since he's done nothing to merit the lack of support

I think people get excited about stars, and when the kid doesn't destroy the competition right out of the gate they give up on them prematurely. The same people don't think a 2-3 star kid that wasn't highly recruited can compete with a 4 star kid that has never practiced with the team.

Just let it all play out. I actually trust this staff to make the right decision.

I don't know who is turning on him but he's done nothing so far to merit support other than high school hype. He's been reported as going third in drills as recently as yesterday. So far the lowly 3-star QBs have outperformed him so until that changes he's just another guy in the race.

Advertisement
Back