QB Starter

Decision making and accuracy are far more important in college than arm strength. Think Ken Dorsey.

Advertisement
This thread is like Arrogate in that race last weekend. I had no idea why the track announcer was wasting time babbling about all the dullard horses. It was all about the supreme talent and what he did once he showed up.

Turned out that breaking flatfooted and last made for a nice story but the horse himself seemed rather unimpressed. I imagine that's what Perry and the coaching staff will feel like once the talent gap is glaring.

Thats a terrible story and all but the only people calling Perry a supreme talent are Miami fans. He's a good QB prospect but not an all-word one. He wasn't a national recruit and most of his interest was in the southeast. He's so **** different skill-set wise from almost all QBs we've seen at the school he is getting a little extra bump in hype. Anybody who looked liked he'd help us change with the times in college football probably would've been looked at as the savior as well.

People see Deshaun Watson and Mariotta. I see Josh Dobbs. A good college QB who wasn't nearly ready as a freshman. He'll have better tutelage and a better team than Dobbs had early on so maybe Perry's development happens quicker. Rumors of changing the offense to be quick hitting and using the edges and motion are out there so maybe Richt makes more accommodations for Perry but unless we go all shotgun all the time he's gonna need to be taught to run plays from under center. He's behind anyway because of getting to school after spring but the offense he ran won't help either unless Richt goes full out spread.

Advertisement
Perry starts , Next subject

No way in **** he starts day one.

how not ?

Season way too important to just give the keys to a true freshman without even seeing what the veterans can do in a real game. If Perry is that good they can give him some reps throughout the season and if he's all that maybe he starts by years end, but not game one.

No way .. perry is the only q on the team that will get it done in doak

I want a guy who can read a defense and get the ball to Richards and the TE and call an audible when he sees a blitz. I don't want an athlete out there trying improvise vs FSU.

Didn't know Rosier was only a redshirt junior. I thought he was a senior. That gotta help his case a lil bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back