QB Situation

I gotta dis agree kid just started his senior year could end up with 9 or 10 thousand career yards in HS. Floor solid back up or transfer ceiling Baker Mayfield 2.0! Dude is accurate an hasnt gotten college coaching yet.

He is an excellent HS QB.

He will never start for a power 5 school. Hence why we haven't offered him.

Guys like baker, Murray, Manziel make up for their height with an elite trait. Scalzo doesn't posses an elite gear in the running game or an elite arm to make up for it. I'm glad our coaches recognize that and I'm glad guys on message boards who know nothing about the QB position don't make the calls. Coaches don't care about how many yards you had in HS, they care about how many yards you can potentially put up in college.

Advertisement
We do need another QB for sure. These QBs are fragile. We need to raid one of these lower tier schools that have an eye for developing QBs. I would look out west at who teams like Cal and Boise are targeting. Also Texas Tech and Houston. These teams always find QBs the bigger schools overlook and turn them into good college QBs
Especially Texas Tech Kingsbury has the gift od gab with qbs

Especially Texas Tech Kingsbury has the gift od gab with qbs
And the plus of doing that is you could get a kid that is fine with redshirting and developing for 3 or 4 years. Look how many kids get drafted from small schools recently. Just have to find someone who has the arm talent and try to coach him up. By the time he's a redshirt Jr people are asking who the **** is tbis guy and where he came from.

Guys like baker, Murray, Manziel make up for their height with an elite trait. Scalzo doesn't posses an elite gear in the running game or an elite arm to make up for it. I'm glad our coaches recognize that and I'm glad guys on message boards who know nothing about the QB position don't make the calls. Coaches don't care about how many yards you had in HS, they care about how many yards you can potentially put up in college.
Why would they have him crystal balled to Kentucky if he will never play P5 ball?

These idiots saying hes not Miami caliber! Dude can make all the throws and got some wheels. Im not saying to start but he would be a solid back up if someone went down! Plus this is a down year for Qbs best I've seen including MJJ!
Spencer Rattler is the best in hs

Advertisement

I don't know enough about Scalzo to say if can or can't be a P5 qb. But you do know that no one thought Baker would be a P5 Qb either, that's why he was a walk on at TT before transferring to OU. Also Manziel was a three star so don't know if many saw elite skills that early in him either.

Lol no **** i was talkin about Scalzo and Florida and a option for us no way we get Spencer Rattler! I see you name fam i libe in Myrtle Beach nice to see another SouthCak fan!
My bad bruh but yea I agree and yea glad to see a few cane fans in south cak but my whole fam is either Clemson or Carolina fans but I fell in love with the U...ColumbiaCane!

Advertisement
Weldon should stay and graduate so he doesnt have to sit a year. Plus if Perry goes down, he's probably the guy. We definitely NEED a quality 3* QB at a minimum. Build depth from the bottom up.
Jarren Williams is gonna be behind Perry.

My bad bruh but yea I agree and yea glad to see a few cane fans in south cak but my whole fam is either Clemson or Carolina fans but I fell in love with the U...ColumbiaCane!

Ok i went to middle school at st andrews on broad river all my fam is ride ot die gamecock fans i just always loved watchin the Canes now im in deep lol literally Canes allday everyday!

Advertisement
By my count next year we are going to have 3 QBs on the roster, assuming no one transfers and we don't get a late pick up this year.

Perry
Weldon
Williams

Who am I missing? I can't imagine we would be ok with three scholarship QBs for next year???

What if Weldon transfers in spring? We are good with two scholarship QBs?

This seems crazy to me.

Crazy, but Ga has 2 QB's on their roster as does several programs.

Advertisement
And the plus of doing that is you could get a kid that is fine with redshirting and developing for 3 or 4 years. Look how many kids get drafted from small schools recently. Just have to find someone who has the arm talent and try to coach him up. By the time he's a redshirt Jr people are asking who the **** is tbis guy and where he came from.
I trust Richts eye for a qb what I don't trust is his son at developing qbs yet

I trust Richts eye for a qb what I don't trust is his son at developing qbs yet
Its kinda difficult for me to say something like that when the first Qb they brought in haven't made one start yet and is a redshirt freshman. Perry playing yesterday opened my eyes to a couple things. Rosier arm is not Power 5 level and there is a big gap between him a Perry from a strictly throwing standpoint. The throw to Cager for the TD and the long pass to Harley made that clear. We cannot threaten the middle of the field with Rosier, it is not coincidence that Jordan and Harley had their biggest games as Canes with Perry. Those throws have been there for the past 2 seasons. I cant judge these coaches on a QB they inherited as a JR and not much else.

Advertisement
Back