QB Situation

weldon is gone! there is no playing time for him after yesterdays game. only Perry and williams are seeing the playing field .
That would be dumb to transfer having not graduated. The staff should explain that to him. If he transfers, he should go to a place where he will start right away as a grad transfer.

Advertisement
Perhaps, but weve seen Richt likes to give upper classmen the chance 1st. Even so, he should stay and graduate next year so that he doesnt have to sit out a year should he transfer.
he will only be in his third year next year.

I get wanting to take a 4 or 5 star stud every single year, but thats not realistic for us right now. Everyone, even Bama takes some 3 star stop gap types. The roster in 2020 could look like
1. **** (rJR) Perry
2. *** (rJR) Weldon (Could transfer)
3. **** (rSO) Williams
4. *** (rFR) Scalzo
5. **** (FR) Johnson (CMR's nephew)

Richt has a history of taking 3 star guys like Scalzo anyways. If he doesnt pan out, let him transfer after his redshirt SO season. That way Johnson is going in to his redshirt SO season, plus you'd probably have a Williams as a rSR, a 3* redshirt FR (needs to be quality), and a 4 star true FR. Build depth from the bottom up.

Ya they obviously blew it they need to take a 3* stop gap guy. There breakin rule #1 need to get off there *** an go scout some kids an get a kid in this class! Richt Jr is Qb coach im sure he doeant have much input on gameday with Richt, Brown, an Dugens dude needa earn his keep. What transfer gonna wanna come in when we have a redshirt freshman or Soph at qb?

Ya they obviously blew it they need to take a 3* stop gap guy. There breakin rule #1 need to get off there *** an go scout some kids an get a kid in this class! Richt Jr is Qb coach im sure he doeant have much input on gameday with Richt, Brown, an Dugens dude needa earn his keep. What transfer gonna wanna come in when we have a redshirt freshman or Soph at qb?
Its not over yet, so we will see how it goes. The best I can say is 1 3* undersized QB in Scalzo is better than no QB at all for the '19 class.

Advertisement
Perhaps, but weve seen Richt likes to give upper classmen the chance 1st. Even so, he should stay and graduate next year so that he doesnt have to sit out a year should he transfer.
Weldon will be a redshirt sophomore next year he can't graduate but I green he should wait it out and then be a grad transfer

Weldon will be a redshirt sophomore next year he can't graduate but I green he should wait it out and then be a grad transfer
He could graduate after his rSO year and have 2 years to play, thats what Im getting at, thats what I think he should try to do. He would have to take extra classes though. Kids do it.

He could graduate after his rSO year and have 2 years to play, thats what Im getting at, thats what I think he should try to do. He would have to take extra classes though. Kids do it.
Ok I didn't know that but ur right he should make a move where he doesn't have to sit out

Advertisement

Weldon was an early enrollee and after next season would have been at UM a full 4 years. He can and should probably graduate, then have two years to play as a grad transfer.

You just talking my man have you seen him play? Have tou seen his stats? If he was a couple inches taller he would be a top qb! Ever heard of Johnny football, Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie?? All you can say about this kid is hes not prototypical height other than that kid is a baller best qb in FLA this cycle! Get ya facts straight 6000 yards in 2 years with his senior year to go i think he would be alot better than NOTHING..

I have seen him play and I know a thing or two about QBs.
You just talking my man have you seen him play? Have tou seen his stats? If he was a couple inches taller he would be a top qb! Ever heard of Johnny football, Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie?? All you can say about this kid is hes not prototypical height other than that kid is a baller best qb in FLA this cycle! Get ya facts straight 6000 yards in 2 years with his senior year to go i think he would be alot better than NOTHING..

I have seen him play and I know a thing or two about QBs. My comment has nothing to do with his height, I'm simply evaluating his potential at the next level. He is not UM caliber, plain and simple.

For the record, i love short, dynamic QBs (coming from a short QB). Murray, mayfield, Wilson, brees, Manziel... Scalzo is not in the same stratosphere.

We need a QB in this class and I'd take scalzo over taking nobody, but he wouldn't/shouldn't sniff the field at UM.

Advertisement
Weldon will probably transfer to a juco after spring ball when he sees the writing on the wall.

And then we would have 2 scholarship QBs for 2019, thats not enough. Hard to understand the staffs thought process here.

Thats Baker Mayfield 2.0. Sign him up!!!

These idiots saying hes not Miami caliber! Dude can make all the throws and got some wheels. Im not saying to start but he would be a solid back up if someone went down! Plus this is a down year for Qbs best I've seen including MJJ!

Advertisement
I have seen him play and I know a thing or two about QBs.

I have seen him play and I know a thing or two about QBs. My comment has nothing to do with his height, I'm simply evaluating his potential at the next level. He is not UM caliber, plain and simple.

For the record, i love short, dynamic QBs (coming from a short QB). Murray, mayfield, Wilson, brees, Manziel... Scalzo is not in the same stratosphere.
I gotta dis agree kid just started his senior year could end up with 9 or 10 thousand career yards in HS. Floor solid back up or transfer ceiling Baker Mayfield 2.0! Dude is accurate an hasnt gotten college coaching yet.

By my count next year we are going to have 3 QBs on the roster, assuming no one transfers and we don't get a late pick up this year.

Perry
Weldon
Williams

Who am I missing? I can't imagine we would be ok with three scholarship QBs for next year???

We are good with two scholarship QBs?

This seems crazy to me.

Depends on how the coaches feel about those two players. If they feel really good about them,...then you'd think
skipping a year on taking a QB to be a great, great selling point to a couple c/o 2020 QBs that some of our rivals can't sell. No?

Depends on how the coaches feel about those two players. If they feel really good about them,...then you'd think
skipping a year on taking a QB to be a great, great selling point to a couple c/o 2020 QBs that some of our rivals can't sell. No?

Sure. But it's just poor planning. What happens when QB1 gets injured? We have one QB for the rest of the season? Who takes practice snaps? Who signals plays? Backup QBs have a role on the team.

We do need another QB for sure. These QBs are fragile. We need to raid one of these lower tier schools that have an eye for developing QBs. I would look out west at who teams like Cal and Boise are targeting. Also Texas Tech and Houston. These teams always find QBs the bigger schools overlook and turn them into good college QBs

Advertisement
Back