QB Situation

John77

Junior
By my count next year we are going to have 3 QBs on the roster, assuming no one transfers and we don't get a late pick up this year.

Perry
Weldon
Williams

Who am I missing? I can't imagine we would be ok with three scholarship QBs for next year???

What if Weldon transfers in spring? We are good with two scholarship QBs?

This seems crazy to me.

Advertisement
We will probably be looking for a transfer unless someone in this class emerges. Ivins already said that names have been thrown around

We will probably be looking for a transfer unless someone in this class emerges. Ivins already said that names have been thrown around

What transfer is going to come to a team with an established QB? Which I am assuming Kosi will be by next year. I mean, kudos if we can get one but seems like a longshot.

By my count next year we are going to have 3 QBs on the roster, assuming no one transfers and we don't get a late pick up this year.

Perry
Weldon
Williams

Who am I missing? I can't imagine we would be ok with three scholarship QBs for next year???

This seems crazy to me.
(blindly) trust the coaches. They are professionals. Richt would not have put his son in this position unless he had full faith in his qualifications and skills.

Advertisement
If kosi is the guy here on out, think weldon is gone for sure. There is no reason for him to stay. They need to poach a commit from a lower team.

Sam Howell? Lance Legendre?
Justin Fomby? Those are the QB's I think we would have a shot at.
Howell bc FSU's season
Legendre idek if he has interest but he's uncommitted
Fomby is apparently being watched by Ohio State but other than that idk who's recruiting him

Advertisement
Weldon should stay and graduate so he doesnt have to sit a year. Plus if Perry goes down, he's probably the guy. We definitely NEED a quality 3* QB at a minimum. Build depth from the bottom up.

Weldon should stay and graduate so he doesnt have to sit a year. Plus if Perry goes down, he's probably the guy. We definitely NEED a quality 3* QB at a minimum. Build depth from the bottom up.
Nah by next year jarren Williams should pass him up even though Perry is our QB of the future for the next few years I think Williams is still the most talented on team.

Grad transfer would be ideal. I like Scalzo as a local guy. That being said I doubt Weldon would transfer an leave us in a spot. That not generally something "family" would do. He's been given plenty of opportunities as well as given some passes (weed).

Nik Scalzo, Cardinal Gibbons, Dual-Threat Quarterback
I like Scalzo he might be 5"11 but that kid can knows how to run a offence an understands football!

Not even close to UM caliber.
You just talking my man have you seen him play? Have tou seen his stats? If he was a couple inches taller he would be a top qb! Ever heard of Johnny football, Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie?? All you can say about this kid is hes not prototypical height other than that kid is a baller best qb in FLA this cycle! Get ya facts straight 6000 yards in 2 years with his senior year to go i think he would be alot better than NOTHING..

Advertisement
Nah by next year jarren Williams should pass him up even though Perry is our QB of the future for the next few years I think Williams is still the most talented on team.
Perhaps, but weve seen Richt likes to give upper classmen the chance 1st. Even so, he should stay and graduate next year so that he doesnt have to sit out a year should he transfer.

You just talking my man have you seen him play? Have tou seen his stats? If he was a couple inches taller he would be a top qb! Ever heard of Johnny football, Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie?? All you can say about this kid is hes not prototypical height other than that kid is a baller best qb in FLA this cycle! Get ya facts straight 6000 yards in 2 years with his senior year to go i think he would be alot better than NOTHING..
You know, despite his height I like his tools. The question is, with 2 years in the program, can he be good enough to not lose, should 2 starters go down? I think the answer is yes, he's already a better thrower than Rosier. IMO, he would fill out the class nicely.

Advertisement
You know, despite his height I like his tools. The question is, with 2 years in the program, can he be good enough to not lose, should 2 starters go down? I think the answer is yes, he's already a better thrower than Rosier. IMO, he would fill out the class nicely.

**** ya he knows football like you said wayyy better passer than Rosier better runner also his only knock is height he would be perfect if 2 of our guys go down better than Howell too!

Perry
Weldon
Williams

This seems crazy to me.
weldon is gone! there is no playing time for him after yesterdays game. only Perry and williams are seeing the playing field .

**** ya he knows football like you said wayyy better passer than Rosier better runner also his only knock is height he would be perfect if 2 of our guys go down better than Howell too!
I get wanting to take a 4 or 5 star stud every single year, but thats not realistic for us right now. Everyone, even Bama takes some 3 star stop gap types. The roster in 2020 could look like
1. **** (rJR) Perry
2. *** (rJR) Weldon (Could transfer)
3. **** (rSO) Williams
4. *** (rFR) Scalzo
5. **** (FR) Johnson (CMR's nephew)

Richt has a history of taking 3 star guys like Scalzo anyways. If he doesnt pan out, let him transfer after his redshirt SO season. That way Johnson is going in to his redshirt SO season, plus you'd probably have a Williams as a rSR, a 3* redshirt FR (needs to be quality), and a 4 star true FR. Build depth from the bottom up.

Advertisement
Back